|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Eleanor Roosevelt NOT make unannounced visits?
2. What did Eleanor like about Louis Howe?
3. Where did Marion Dickerman invite Eleanor to teach?
4. What was America's initial stance toward the war in Europe?
5. What did Franklin Roosevelt do after losing the 1920 election?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's marriage the ideal marriage for the number of obligations they had, as President and First Lady? Did it help that they weren't passionate or intimate with each other? Did Lucy Mercer do Eleanor Roosevelt a favor, or did she ruin her life?
Essay Topic 2
How did Eleanor Roosevelt's sense of inferiority change over time? Did she learn to compensate for it, or did she turn it into a strength?
Essay Topic 3
How did Eleanor Roosevelt develop as a public speaker, and how did her personality change as she became more comfortable in front of crowds?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)