|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt saw in Europe?
2. How does Freedman characterize conversations at the White House?
3. What did Eleanor Roosevelt dislike about the prospect of moving to Washington D.C.?
4. With whom did Eleanor Roosevelt fly from Baltimore to Washington D.C.?
5. Why did Franklin Roosevelt expand the size of the federal government?
Essay Topic 1
What can Eleanor Roosevelt's life teach us, about how to live? What moral does Freedman extract from her life, and what other morals might it teach?
Essay Topic 2
Write an evaluative review of 'Eleanor Roosevelt'. What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 3
To what extent was Eleanor Roosevelt a product of her times? How did the Great War, Prohibition, the Depression and the build-up toward war in Europe in the 1930s shape her personality? How did her personality pres back against the pressure of the times?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)