|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman say the marriage between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt changed after the Lucy Mercer affair?
2. Which improvement were women NOT trying to make when Eleanor Roosevelt was working with the Women's Democratic News?
3. What was Franklin Roosevelt in charge of in Europe?
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt became for Franklin Roosevelt?
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt prefer to chauffeured limousines?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's trip to Europe to visit the troops?
2. In what way did Franklin's polio contribute to Eleanor's political activism?
3. Why did Franklin Roosevelt end up taking a third term as President?
4. Describe Eleanor's experience teaching at the Todhunter school.
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's part in the National Youth Administration?
6. How did her husband's loss in 1920 affect Eleanor Roosevelt's political activities?
7. Describe the crisis surrounding Lucy Mercer.
8. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's career through Franklin's first term as President?
9. What was the debate over the League of Nations in 1920, and how did it affect Franklin Roosevelt's election prospects?
10. What does the term 'liberal' mean when applied to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has feminism changed since Eleanor Roosevelt? How does modern feminism bear the imprint of Eleanor Roosevelt's work in the 1920s and 1930s?
Essay Topic 2
What did Eleanor Roosevelt learn from her work in charities and political organizations? What effect did she have on the organizations she was part of?
Essay Topic 3
What were the most important influences on Eleanor Roosevelt's life and development, and how did people or events shape her? How did she exert influences on other people in turn?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)