|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Marion Dickerman invite Eleanor to teach?
2. Where would Franklin Roosevelt go for his health?
3. Why did Eleanor Roosevelt resign from the Daughters of the American Revolution?
4. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt saw in Europe?
5. When did Franklin Roosevelt ask Congress for a declaration of war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt do to help women, as First Lady?
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's career through Franklin's first term as President?
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's part in the National Youth Administration?
4. In what way did Franklin's polio contribute to Eleanor's political activism?
5. Why did Franklin Roosevelt end up taking a third term as President?
6. Describe Eleanor's relationship with the black community.
7. Describe the Roosevelts' experience in Europe after the Great War.
8. What does the term 'liberal' mean when applied to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
9. Describe Eleanor's experience teaching at the Todhunter school.
10. How did Eleanor Roosevelt's role change in Franklin's second term as President?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 2
What were the most important influences on Eleanor Roosevelt's life and development, and how did people or events shape her? How did she exert influences on other people in turn?
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluative review of 'Eleanor Roosevelt'. What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)