|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt co-direct with Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia?
2. What did Franklin Roosevelt die of?
3. How would Eleanor go about making a recommendation to her husband, according to Freedman?
4. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt would do separately in their personal suites?
5. What was it that paralyzed Franklin Roosevelt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's trip to Europe to visit the troops?
2. Why did Franklin Roosevelt end up taking a third term as President?
3. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's response to European hostilities?
4. What did Eleanor Roosevelt do to help women, as First Lady?
5. Describe the Roosevelts' experience in Europe after the Great War.
6. How would Eleanor go about trying to influence the President on issues she had feelings about?
7. What was the debate over the League of Nations in 1920, and how did it affect Franklin Roosevelt's election prospects?
8. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's progress from paralyzed New York politician to candidate for President.
9. How did Eleanor Roosevelt's role change in Franklin's second term as President?
10. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's part in the National Youth Administration?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's marriage the ideal marriage for the number of obligations they had, as President and First Lady? Did it help that they weren't passionate or intimate with each other? Did Lucy Mercer do Eleanor Roosevelt a favor, or did she ruin her life?
Essay Topic 2
How did Eleanor Roosevelt develop as a public speaker, and how did her personality change as she became more comfortable in front of crowds?
Essay Topic 3
What did Eleanor Roosevelt learn from her work in charities and political organizations? What effect did she have on the organizations she was part of?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)