|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say the White House resounded with the sound of?
2. With whom did Eleanor Roosevelt fly from Baltimore to Washington D.C.?
3. What did Eleanor Roosevelt urge women to do in 'It's Up to the Women'?
4. How does Freedman say the trip to see troops affected Eleanor Roosevelt?
5. Where did Eleanor travel to visit troops?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the most important influences on Eleanor Roosevelt's life and development, and how did people or events shape her? How did she exert influences on other people in turn?
Essay Topic 2
How has feminism changed since Eleanor Roosevelt? How does modern feminism bear the imprint of Eleanor Roosevelt's work in the 1920s and 1930s?
Essay Topic 3
It comes out late in the biography that Franklin had seen Lucy Mercer (Lucy Mercer Rutherford) a number of times after Eleanor Roosevelt thought their affair was over. How did Eleanor Roosevelt live without intimacy of her own? Was politics enough for her? What did she do with her desire for personal love?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)