|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's suspicion about the Democratic Party's interest in women's rights?
2. When did World War I end?
3. What effect did her husband's paralysis have on Eleanor's feelings for him?
4. What were Franklin Roosevelt's advisers' thoughts about Eleanor Roosevelt?
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about public speaking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Franklin Roosevelt end up taking a third term as President?
2. In what way was Eleanor Roosevelt unlike previous First Ladies?
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's part in the National Youth Administration?
4. What policies did Eleanor advocate in the Democratic Party?
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt do to help women, as First Lady?
6. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's death.
7. Describe Eleanor's experience teaching at the Todhunter school.
8. Describe Eleanor's relationship with the black community.
9. How did her husband's loss in 1920 affect Eleanor Roosevelt's political activities?
10. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's progress from paralyzed New York politician to candidate for President.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Eleanor Roosevelt changed what it means to be First Lady? How have First Ladies since Eleanor Roosevelt built upon her legacy?
Essay Topic 2
How did Eleanor Roosevelt develop as a public speaker, and how did her personality change as she became more comfortable in front of crowds?
Essay Topic 3
What was the effect of Eleanor Roosevelt's looks on her life story and personality? Were her plain looks an advantage or a disadvantage? How did she approach her looks differently as she developed as a person?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)