|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marion Dickerman and Eleanor Roosevelt do together after Marion invited Eleanor to teach?
2. What was it that paralyzed Franklin Roosevelt?
3. How did Franklin Roosevelt show his regard for Marion Dickerman and Nancy Cook?
4. What did Franklin Roosevelt die of?
5. What did Eleanor refuse to give up when Franklin Roosevelt was elected Governor of New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Roosevelts' experience in Europe after the Great War.
2. Describe the crisis surrounding Lucy Mercer.
3. In what way did Franklin's polio contribute to Eleanor's political activism?
4. Describe Eleanor's experience teaching at the Todhunter school.
5. Where does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt differed politically?
6. What was the outcome of the affair with Lucy Mercer?
7. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's illness and paralysis.
8. How would Eleanor go about trying to influence the President on issues she had feelings about?
9. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's trip to Europe to visit the troops?
10. In what way was Eleanor Roosevelt unlike previous First Ladies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the most important influences on Eleanor Roosevelt's life and development, and how did people or events shape her? How did she exert influences on other people in turn?
Essay Topic 2
What did Eleanor Roosevelt learn from her work in charities and political organizations? What effect did she have on the organizations she was part of?
Essay Topic 3
How did Eleanor Roosevelt develop as a public speaker, and how did her personality change as she became more comfortable in front of crowds?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)