|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Molly Dewson?
2. Eleanor Roosevelt was criticized for advocating what political stance?
3. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about war?
4. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt saw in Europe?
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt describe her political position?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt do to help women, as First Lady?
2. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's illness and paralysis.
3. How would Eleanor go about trying to influence the President on issues she had feelings about?
4. Why did Franklin Roosevelt end up taking a third term as President?
5. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's progress from paralyzed New York politician to candidate for President.
6. Describe Eleanor's experience teaching at the Todhunter school.
7. What policies did Eleanor advocate in the Democratic Party?
8. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's career through Franklin's first term as President?
9. Describe Eleanor's relationship with the black community.
10. How does Freedman describe the White House as it was occupied by Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Eleanor Roosevelt learn from her work in charities and political organizations? What effect did she have on the organizations she was part of?
Essay Topic 2
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)