|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Franklin Roosevelt come to national prominence after 1929?
2. Where did Marion Dickerman invite Eleanor to teach?
3. How does Freedman say Eleanor tried to convey her observations to her husband?
4. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt speaking for in her talks?
5. Where did Eleanor take a political leadership position?
Essay Topic 1
To what extent was Eleanor Roosevelt a product of her times? How did the Great War, Prohibition, the Depression and the build-up toward war in Europe in the 1930s shape her personality? How did her personality pres back against the pressure of the times?
Essay Topic 2
How has Eleanor Roosevelt changed what it means to be First Lady? How have First Ladies since Eleanor Roosevelt built upon her legacy?
Essay Topic 3
How did Eleanor Roosevelt's sense of inferiority change over time? Did she learn to compensate for it, or did she turn it into a strength?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)