|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt prefer to chauffeured limousines?
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt describe her political position?
3. What did Eleanor do after Franklin Roosevelt lost the 1920 election?
4. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about war?
5. What did Franklin Roosevelt do after losing the 1920 election?
Essay Topic 1
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 2
What was the role of Franklin Roosevelt's paralysis in Eleanor Roosevelt's life? Would she have been the Eleanor Roosevelt we know now if her husband had been able-bodied?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate your own reading of 'Eleanor Roosevelt'--did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)