|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman say Eleanor changed in Franklin Roosevelt's second term?
2. What responsibility did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt say the government bore?
3. Who does Freedman say the Roosevelts would invite to the White House?
4. What did Eleanor Roosevelt dislike about the prospect of moving to Washington D.C.?
5. What were Franklin Roosevelt's advisers' thoughts about Eleanor Roosevelt?
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate your own reading of 'Eleanor Roosevelt'--did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
How has feminism changed since Eleanor Roosevelt? How does modern feminism bear the imprint of Eleanor Roosevelt's work in the 1920s and 1930s?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between Eleanor Roosevelt as a daughter and Eleanor Roosevelt as a mother. What changed in the interval? How did she alter the course of her family in the children she raised?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)