|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marion Dickerman and Eleanor Roosevelt do together after Marion invited Eleanor to teach?
2. How does Freedman say the marriage between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt changed after the Lucy Mercer affair?
3. How does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt's relationship with Eleanor changed in his second term?
4. What does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt needed as the war took a toll on him?
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt became for Franklin Roosevelt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the crisis surrounding Lucy Mercer.
2. In what way did Franklin's polio contribute to Eleanor's political activism?
3. What was the outcome of the affair with Lucy Mercer?
4. What was the debate over the League of Nations in 1920, and how did it affect Franklin Roosevelt's election prospects?
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt's role change in Franklin's second term as President?
6. How did Eleanor develop as a public speaker?
7. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's death.
8. Describe Eleanor's relationship with the black community.
9. How does Freedman describe the White House as it was occupied by Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
10. Describe Eleanor's experience teaching at the Todhunter school.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an evaluative review of 'Eleanor Roosevelt'. What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 2
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 3
To what extent was Eleanor Roosevelt a product of her times? How did the Great War, Prohibition, the Depression and the build-up toward war in Europe in the 1930s shape her personality? How did her personality pres back against the pressure of the times?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)