|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
2. Where was Allenswood?
3. What did Elliot Roosevelt die of?
4. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
5. Where would Franklin invite Eleanor to visit on weekends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's first experience in politics.
2. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
3. How did Franklin Roosevelt's mother react to news of the engagement?
4. Why wasn't Eleanor Roosevelt looking forward to her coming out?
5. Describe the rules that applied to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's courtship.
6. What does Freedman tell us, in the opening chapter, about Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood?
7. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's first engagement.
8. What deaths did Eleanor Roosevelt encounter as a childhood?
9. What were the problems in the Roosevelt household?
10. How did Eleanor like being a Senator's wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate your own reading of 'Eleanor Roosevelt'--did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
How did Eleanor Roosevelt develop as a public speaker, and how did her personality change as she became more comfortable in front of crowds?
Essay Topic 3
In what role was Eleanor Roosevelt most comfortable and successful--Wife, partner, political speaker, charity worker, editor, mother, grandmother, etc? In what role was she least successful and happy?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)