Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
2. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt when Franklin proposed?
4. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
5. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Allenswood like?
2. What did Franklin Roosevelt see in Eleanor--what did he tell her when his proposal surprised her?
3. Describe the rules that applied to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's courtship.
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
5. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's progress from paralyzed New York politician to candidate for President.
6. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's response to European hostilities?
7. What was the crowning achievement of Eleanor Roosevelt's career?
8. How did Eleanor develop as a public speaker?
9. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's trip to Europe to visit the troops?
10. What sadness waited for Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S. from London?
Essay Topic 1
How has feminism changed since Eleanor Roosevelt? How does modern feminism bear the imprint of Eleanor Roosevelt's work in the 1920s and 1930s?
Essay Topic 2
What did Eleanor Roosevelt learn from her work in charities and political organizations? What effect did she have on the organizations she was part of?
Essay Topic 3
What were the most important influences on Eleanor Roosevelt's life and development, and how did people or events shape her? How did she exert influences on other people in turn?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)