|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt about politics?
2. Who did Franklin Roosevelt follow into politics?
3. What was Franklin Roosevelt's response to Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her household?
4. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
5. How did Franklin Roosevelt describe Eleanor Roosevelt's eyes when they met?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deaths did Eleanor Roosevelt encounter as a childhood?
2. How did Eleanor like being a Senator's wife?
3. What was Mlle. Souvestre's role in Eleanor Roosevelt's life?
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
5. How did Franklin Roosevelt's mother react to news of the engagement?
6. What was Allenswood like?
7. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's first experience in politics.
8. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's first engagement.
9. Describe the difficulties Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt had scheduling a wedding.
10. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's entrance into charity work.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the effect of Eleanor Roosevelt's looks on her life story and personality? Were her plain looks an advantage or a disadvantage? How did she approach her looks differently as she developed as a person?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate your own reading of 'Eleanor Roosevelt'--did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the health of the liberal legacy Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt left us. How have the ideas they instituted in government fared? Are their ideals dead or alive today?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)