|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Junior League's purpose?
2. What was Sara Roosevelt's response to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's engagement?
3. What was a sign of being a 'fast woman'?
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was uncomfortable about in the townhouse where she lived with her husband and children?
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Eleanor and Franklin's personalities?
2. What was Mlle. Souvestre's role in Eleanor Roosevelt's life?
3. Describe Eleanor's relationship with Sarah Roosevelt.
4. Why wasn't Eleanor Roosevelt looking forward to her coming out?
5. What were the problems in the Roosevelt household?
6. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
7. How did Eleanor Roosevelt meet and begin to spend time with Franklin Roosevelt?
8. How did the role of First Lady change Eleanor Roosevelt?
9. What was Franklin Roosevelt's next step in politics?
10. Describe the rules that applied to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's courtship.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 2
In what role was Eleanor Roosevelt most comfortable and successful--Wife, partner, political speaker, charity worker, editor, mother, grandmother, etc? In what role was she least successful and happy?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)