|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
2. Where was Allenswood?
3. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
4. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
5. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eleanor like being a Senator's wife?
2. What was the effect of Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's beauty?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt re-enter politics after her husband's death?
4. Describe Eleanor's experience teaching at the Todhunter school.
5. How did her husband's loss in 1920 affect Eleanor Roosevelt's political activities?
6. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's career through Franklin's first term as President?
7. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's death.
8. Describe Eleanor's relationship with Sarah Roosevelt.
9. How does Freedman describe the White House as it was occupied by Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
10. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's first engagement.
Essay Topic 1
To what extent was Eleanor Roosevelt a product of her times? How did the Great War, Prohibition, the Depression and the build-up toward war in Europe in the 1930s shape her personality? How did her personality pres back against the pressure of the times?
Essay Topic 2
What can Eleanor Roosevelt's life teach us, about how to live? What moral does Freedman extract from her life, and what other morals might it teach?
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluative review of 'Eleanor Roosevelt'. What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)