Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt about politics?
3. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's voice changed during her tenure as First Lady?
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
5. What was Franklin responsible for when the U.S. entered World War I?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the debate over the League of Nations in 1920, and how did it affect Franklin Roosevelt's election prospects?
2. What was Franklin Roosevelt's next step in politics?
3. What was the crowning achievement of Eleanor Roosevelt's career?
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt re-enter politics after her husband's death?
5. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's effect on proceedings at the U.N. meeting after World War II.
6. What policies did Eleanor advocate in the Democratic Party?
7. How did Eleanor develop as a public speaker?
8. How does Freedman describe the role Eleanor stepped into in the family after her husband was paralyzed?
9. What deaths did Eleanor Roosevelt encounter as a childhood?
10. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Eleanor and Franklin's personalities?
How has Eleanor Roosevelt changed what it means to be First Lady? How have First Ladies since Eleanor Roosevelt built upon her legacy?
Describe the health of the liberal legacy Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt left us. How have the ideas they instituted in government fared? Are their ideals dead or alive today?
What is the difference between Eleanor Roosevelt as a daughter and Eleanor Roosevelt as a mother. What changed in the interval? How did she alter the course of her family in the children she raised?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)