|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
2. What did Eleanor give up at Sara's insistence?
3. Who did Franklin Roosevelt follow into politics?
4. What did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt do at the Harvard-Yale game?
5. What is NOT an innovation Freedman credits Eleanor Roosevelt with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the effect of Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's beauty?
2. How did Franklin Roosevelt's mother react to news of the engagement?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt meet and begin to spend time with Franklin Roosevelt?
4. Describe the difficulties Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt had scheduling a wedding.
5. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's first engagement.
6. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to her father's death?
7. What was Allenswood like?
8. How did Eleanor like being a Senator's wife?
9. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's first experience in politics.
10. How did the role of First Lady change Eleanor Roosevelt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has feminism changed since Eleanor Roosevelt? How does modern feminism bear the imprint of Eleanor Roosevelt's work in the 1920s and 1930s?
Essay Topic 2
What was the effect of Eleanor Roosevelt's looks on her life story and personality? Were her plain looks an advantage or a disadvantage? How did she approach her looks differently as she developed as a person?
Essay Topic 3
How has Eleanor Roosevelt changed what it means to be First Lady? How have First Ladies since Eleanor Roosevelt built upon her legacy?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)