|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Franklin Roosevelt describe Eleanor Roosevelt's eyes when they met?
2. Where was Allenswood?
3. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
4. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
5. Who accompanied Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt during their visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's family background.
2. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Eleanor and Franklin's personalities?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change the position of First Lady?
4. Why wasn't Eleanor Roosevelt looking forward to her coming out?
5. How did Eleanor like being a Senator's wife?
6. Describe the scene when Franklin Roosevelt proposed to Eleanor.
7. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's entrance into charity work.
8. What deaths did Eleanor Roosevelt encounter as a childhood?
9. Describe Eleanor's relationship with Sarah Roosevelt.
10. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's first experience in politics.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Eleanor Roosevelt changed what it means to be First Lady? How have First Ladies since Eleanor Roosevelt built upon her legacy?
Essay Topic 2
What was the effect of Eleanor Roosevelt's looks on her life story and personality? Were her plain looks an advantage or a disadvantage? How did she approach her looks differently as she developed as a person?
Essay Topic 3
How did Eleanor Roosevelt's sense of inferiority change over time? Did she learn to compensate for it, or did she turn it into a strength?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)