|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt marry on?
2. What was Franklin responsible for when the U.S. entered World War I?
3. What was a sign of being a 'fast woman'?
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
5. Where did Franklin Roosevelt attend law school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin Roosevelt's mother react to news of the engagement?
2. How did the role of First Lady change Eleanor Roosevelt?
3. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's first experience in politics.
4. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's response to European hostilities?
5. Describe Eleanor's relationship with Sarah Roosevelt.
6. How did her husband's loss in 1920 affect Eleanor Roosevelt's political activities?
7. What was Allenswood like?
8. Describe the difficulties Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt had scheduling a wedding.
9. Why did Franklin Roosevelt end up taking a third term as President?
10. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's progress from paralyzed New York politician to candidate for President.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an evaluative review of 'Eleanor Roosevelt'. What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 3
In what role was Eleanor Roosevelt most comfortable and successful--Wife, partner, political speaker, charity worker, editor, mother, grandmother, etc? In what role was she least successful and happy?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)