Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
2. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt when Franklin proposed?
4. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
5. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Allenswood like?
2. What did Franklin Roosevelt see in Eleanor--what did he tell her when his proposal surprised her?
3. Describe the rules that applied to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's courtship.
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
5. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's progress from paralyzed New York politician to candidate for President.
6. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's response to European hostilities?
7. What was the crowning achievement of Eleanor Roosevelt's career?
8. How did Eleanor develop as a public speaker?
9. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's trip to Europe to visit the troops?
10. What sadness waited for Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S. from London?
Essay Topic 1
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 3
How did Eleanor Roosevelt's sense of inferiority change over time? Did she learn to compensate for it, or did she turn it into a strength?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)