|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
3. What was the Junior League's purpose?
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was uncomfortable about in the townhouse where she lived with her husband and children?
5. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin Roosevelt's mother react to news of the engagement?
2. How did the role of First Lady change Eleanor Roosevelt?
3. What sadness waited for Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S. from London?
4. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's first experience in politics.
5. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's entrance into charity work.
6. What was Mlle. Souvestre's role in Eleanor Roosevelt's life?
7. What was the effect of Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's beauty?
8. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt when her husband was running for President?
9. Describe Eleanor's relationship with Sarah Roosevelt.
10. What were the problems in the Roosevelt household?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's marriage the ideal marriage for the number of obligations they had, as President and First Lady? Did it help that they weren't passionate or intimate with each other? Did Lucy Mercer do Eleanor Roosevelt a favor, or did she ruin her life?
Essay Topic 2
How did Eleanor Roosevelt develop as a public speaker, and how did her personality change as she became more comfortable in front of crowds?
Essay Topic 3
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)