|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
2. What did Elliot Roosevelt die of?
3. When were Eleanor Roosevelt's parents' married?
4. What did Eleanor think about Franklin?
5. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change the position of First Lady?
2. Describe the scene when Franklin Roosevelt proposed to Eleanor.
3. What was Allenswood like?
4. Describe the rules that applied to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's courtship.
5. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's first engagement.
6. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt when her husband was running for President?
7. Describe the difficulties Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt had scheduling a wedding.
8. Why wasn't Eleanor Roosevelt looking forward to her coming out?
9. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
10. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's entrance into charity work.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What can Eleanor Roosevelt's life teach us, about how to live? What moral does Freedman extract from her life, and what other morals might it teach?
Essay Topic 2
What was the effect of Eleanor Roosevelt's looks on her life story and personality? Were her plain looks an advantage or a disadvantage? How did she approach her looks differently as she developed as a person?
Essay Topic 3
In what role was Eleanor Roosevelt most comfortable and successful--Wife, partner, political speaker, charity worker, editor, mother, grandmother, etc? In what role was she least successful and happy?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)