|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt honeymoon?
2. How did Franklin Roosevelt describe Eleanor Roosevelt's eyes when they met?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
4. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
5. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eleanor's relationship with Sarah Roosevelt.
2. What were the problems in the Roosevelt household?
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
4. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's first experience in politics.
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt meet and begin to spend time with Franklin Roosevelt?
6. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change the position of First Lady?
7. What was Franklin Roosevelt's next step in politics?
8. How did Eleanor like being a Senator's wife?
9. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's family background.
10. What was Allenswood like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the health of the liberal legacy Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt left us. How have the ideas they instituted in government fared? Are their ideals dead or alive today?
Essay Topic 2
Write an evaluative review of 'Eleanor Roosevelt'. What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 3
How has Eleanor Roosevelt changed what it means to be First Lady? How have First Ladies since Eleanor Roosevelt built upon her legacy?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)