|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's personalities?
2. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
3. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
4. What did Elliot Roosevelt's drinking lead to, according to Freedman?
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the rules that applied to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's courtship.
2. Describe Eleanor's relationship with Sarah Roosevelt.
3. What sadness waited for Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S. from London?
4. What was Allenswood like?
5. What deaths did Eleanor Roosevelt encounter as a childhood?
6. What were the problems in the Roosevelt household?
7. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change the position of First Lady?
8. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's first engagement.
9. Describe the difficulties Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt had scheduling a wedding.
10. Describe the early years of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's marriage.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between Eleanor Roosevelt as a daughter and Eleanor Roosevelt as a mother. What changed in the interval? How did she alter the course of her family in the children she raised?
Essay Topic 2
In what role was Eleanor Roosevelt most comfortable and successful--Wife, partner, political speaker, charity worker, editor, mother, grandmother, etc? In what role was she least successful and happy?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate your own reading of 'Eleanor Roosevelt'--did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)