Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
2. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt when Franklin proposed?
4. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
5. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Allenswood like?
2. What did Franklin Roosevelt see in Eleanor--what did he tell her when his proposal surprised her?
3. Describe the rules that applied to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's courtship.
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
5. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's progress from paralyzed New York politician to candidate for President.
6. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's response to European hostilities?
7. What was the crowning achievement of Eleanor Roosevelt's career?
8. How did Eleanor develop as a public speaker?
9. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's trip to Europe to visit the troops?
10. What sadness waited for Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S. from London?
How did Eleanor Roosevelt's sense of inferiority change over time? Did she learn to compensate for it, or did she turn it into a strength?
Write an evaluative review of 'Eleanor Roosevelt'. What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
What was the role of Franklin Roosevelt's paralysis in Eleanor Roosevelt's life? Would she have been the Eleanor Roosevelt we know now if her husband had been able-bodied?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)