|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
4. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
5. Where was Allenswood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Allenswood like?
2. What was Mlle. Souvestre's role in Eleanor Roosevelt's life?
3. Describe Eleanor Roosevelt's family background.
4. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to her father's death?
5. Describe the rules that applied to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's courtship.
6. What were the problems in the Roosevelt household?
7. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's first experience in politics.
8. Describe the scene when Franklin Roosevelt proposed to Eleanor.
9. What was the Secret Service's problem with Eleanor Roosevelt?
10. Why wasn't Eleanor Roosevelt looking forward to her coming out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What can Eleanor Roosevelt's life teach us, about how to live? What moral does Freedman extract from her life, and what other morals might it teach?
Essay Topic 2
What did Eleanor Roosevelt learn from her work in charities and political organizations? What effect did she have on the organizations she was part of?
Essay Topic 3
In what role was Eleanor Roosevelt most comfortable and successful--Wife, partner, political speaker, charity worker, editor, mother, grandmother, etc? In what role was she least successful and happy?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)