|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt honeymoon?
2. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
3. When did Eleanor start to see Franklin regularly?
4. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
5. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change the position of First Lady?
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt re-enter politics after her husband's death?
3. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's first experience in politics.
4. Describe Eleanor's experience teaching at the Todhunter school.
5. Where does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt differed politically?
6. What was the effect of Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's beauty?
7. What was Mlle. Souvestre's role in Eleanor Roosevelt's life?
8. How did Eleanor Roosevelt meet and begin to spend time with Franklin Roosevelt?
9. How did Franklin Roosevelt's mother react to news of the engagement?
10. What does the term 'liberal' mean when applied to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Eleanor Roosevelt develop as a public speaker, and how did her personality change as she became more comfortable in front of crowds?
Essay Topic 2
Was Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's marriage the ideal marriage for the number of obligations they had, as President and First Lady? Did it help that they weren't passionate or intimate with each other? Did Lucy Mercer do Eleanor Roosevelt a favor, or did she ruin her life?
Essay Topic 3
What were the most important influences on Eleanor Roosevelt's life and development, and how did people or events shape her? How did she exert influences on other people in turn?
This section contains 1,336 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)