|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Franklin Roosevelt ask Congress for a declaration of war?
(a) September 2, 1939.
(b) August, 1945.
(c) December 8, 1941.
(d) May 1, 1940.
2. What were the social conditions like in America when Franklin Roosevelt took office?
(a) People were getting back to work.
(b) Millions were out of work.
(c) People were enjoying unprecedented prosperity.
(d) There was lawlessness in large areas.
3. What was Franklin Roosevelt's reaction to his paralysis?
(a) He became depressed and angry.
(b) He believed he would walk again.
(c) He investigated every scientific cure.
(d) He accepted it with equanimity.
4. Where did Eleanor travel to visit troops?
5. What did Franklin Roosevelt do after losing the 1920 election?
(a) Charity work.
(c) Joined a law firm.
(d) Started strategizing for 1924.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt prefer to chauffeured limousines?
2. How would Eleanor go about making a recommendation to her husband, according to Freedman?
3. What did Eleanor refuse to give up when Franklin Roosevelt was elected Governor of New York?
4. Where did Eleanor take a political leadership position?
5. What was Eleanor's position at the Women's Democratic News?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eleanor develop as a public speaker?
2. In what way did Franklin's polio contribute to Eleanor's political activism?
3. Where does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt differed politically?
4. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's death.
5. How did her husband's loss in 1920 affect Eleanor Roosevelt's political activities?
6. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's part in the National Youth Administration?
7. How did Eleanor Roosevelt's role change in Franklin's second term as President?
8. What does the term 'liberal' mean when applied to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
9. How does Freedman describe the role Eleanor stepped into in the family after her husband was paralyzed?
10. How does Freedman describe the White House as it was occupied by Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)