|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the bond between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) Strong and lasting.
(b) Passionate and intimate.
(c) Fragile and inconstant.
(d) Distrustful and disappointing.
2. What was Eleanor's position at the League of Women's Voters?
(a) She coordinated rallies.
(b) She helped with fundraising.
(c) She served on the legislative committee.
(d) She distributed leaflets.
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt describe her political position?
(b) Practical pacifism.
4. When did Franklin Roosevelt ask Congress for a declaration of war?
(a) December 8, 1941.
(b) August, 1945.
(c) May 1, 1940.
(d) September 2, 1939.
5. What did Eleanor learn how to do in order to teach her children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say was a contentious issue between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
2. Who does Freedman say the Roosevelts would invite to the White House?
3. What were the social conditions like in America when Franklin Roosevelt took office?
4. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt would do separately in their personal suites?
5. To whom did Eleanor Roosevelt NOT make unannounced visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the debate over the League of Nations in 1920, and how did it affect Franklin Roosevelt's election prospects?
2. How would Eleanor go about trying to influence the President on issues she had feelings about?
3. How does Freedman describe the White House as it was occupied by Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
4. How did Eleanor develop as a public speaker?
5. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's trip to Europe to visit the troops?
6. What policies did Eleanor advocate in the Democratic Party?
7. How does Freedman describe the role Eleanor stepped into in the family after her husband was paralyzed?
8. Describe Eleanor's experience teaching at the Todhunter school.
9. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's progress from paralyzed New York politician to candidate for President.
10. In what way was Eleanor Roosevelt unlike previous First Ladies?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)