|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franklin tell Eleanor on September 2, 1939?
(a) That he was losing his health.
(b) That the Japanese had attacked Pearl Harbor.
(c) That Japan had invaded China.
(d) That Germany had invaded Poland.
2. What did Eleanor learn how to do in order to teach her children?
3. What did Marion Dickerman and Eleanor Roosevelt do together after Marion invited Eleanor to teach?
(a) Started teaching in the ghettoes.
(b) Bought the school.
(c) Opened a new school.
(d) Developed new techniques for teaching poor people.
4. When did Franklin Roosevelt take office in the White House?
(a) April 1934.
(b) March 1933.
(c) February 1932.
(d) March 1931.
5. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's role in the New Age her husband was inaugurating?
(a) She was the legwork.
(b) She was the motivation.
(c) She was the intelligence.
(d) She was the conscience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Franklin Roosevelt encouraged to run for a third term?
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about public speaking?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt describe her political position?
4. How many men does Freedman say were killed in World War I?
5. Who was allowed into Eleanor Roosevelt's press conferences?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's trip to Europe to visit the troops?
2. Where does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt differed politically?
3. In what way did Franklin's polio contribute to Eleanor's political activism?
4. What does the term 'liberal' mean when applied to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
5. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's illness and paralysis.
6. What was the debate over the League of Nations in 1920, and how did it affect Franklin Roosevelt's election prospects?
7. What was the outcome of the affair with Lucy Mercer?
8. Describe the crisis surrounding Lucy Mercer.
9. How did Eleanor develop as a public speaker?
10. Describe the Roosevelts' experience in Europe after the Great War.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)