|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Eleanor Roosevelt resign from the Daughters of the American Revolution?
(a) Because she wanted to make room for other talented women.
(b) Because Franklin Roosevelt's advisors asked her to.
(c) Because of their racist politics.
(d) They asked her to avoid a conflict of interests.
2. Where did Eleanor travel to visit troops?
3. How did Franklin Roosevelt come to national prominence after 1929?
(a) His personal contributions to the state's funds.
(b) His aggressive steps to create jobs.
(c) His enormous losses in the stock market crash.
(d) His strict discrimination policies.
4. What did Eleanor appeal for in the face of Nazi oppression?
(a) Invasion of Germany.
(c) Investigation of the political methods behind the Nazis' rise.
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt dislike about the prospect of moving to Washington D.C.?
(a) Being scrutinized by everyone.
(b) Having to be outspoken.
(c) Being responsible for so many people.
(d) Having to hold her tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Franklin Roosevelt's reaction to his paralysis?
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor tried to convey her observations to her husband?
3. What did Eleanor Roosevelt prefer to chauffeured limousines?
4. What were the social conditions like in America when Franklin Roosevelt took office?
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about public speaking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the outcome of the affair with Lucy Mercer?
2. Why did Franklin Roosevelt end up taking a third term as President?
3. How does Freedman describe the White House as it was occupied by Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
4. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's death.
5. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's progress from paralyzed New York politician to candidate for President.
6. Describe Eleanor's relationship with the black community.
7. Describe the crisis surrounding Lucy Mercer.
8. Describe the Roosevelts' experience in Europe after the Great War.
9. Where does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt differed politically?
10. What policies did Eleanor advocate in the Democratic Party?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)