|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt work with a private coach to improve?
(a) Her public speaking.
(b) Her sense of diplomacy and propriety.
(c) Her writing.
(d) Her driving.
2. What was it that paralyzed Franklin Roosevelt?
(b) A swimming accident.
(d) A stroke.
3. What did Eleanor learn how to do in order to teach her children?
4. How would Eleanor go about making a recommendation to her husband, according to Freedman?
(a) She would buy a book or bring a guest who could articulate her idea.
(b) She would make her proposal in the most concise way.
(c) She would talk to her husband's advisors, and convince them to support her idea.
(d) She would talk to him when they were alone.
5. What did Franklin Roosevelt do after losing the 1920 election?
(a) Joined a law firm.
(b) Started strategizing for 1924.
(d) Charity work.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Eleanor Roosevelt fly from Baltimore to Washington D.C.?
2. What was Franklin Roosevelt's reaction to his paralysis?
3. Who beat Franklin Roosevelt in 1920?
4. How did Franklin Roosevelt come to national prominence after 1929?
5. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt saw in Europe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eleanor develop as a public speaker?
2. How did her husband's loss in 1920 affect Eleanor Roosevelt's political activities?
3. Describe Eleanor's experience teaching at the Todhunter school.
4. Why did Franklin Roosevelt end up taking a third term as President?
5. Describe the Roosevelts' experience in Europe after the Great War.
6. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's career through Franklin's first term as President?
7. What policies did Eleanor advocate in the Democratic Party?
8. In what way did Franklin's polio contribute to Eleanor's political activism?
9. Describe the crisis surrounding Lucy Mercer.
10. What did Eleanor Roosevelt do to help women, as First Lady?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)