|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt co-direct with Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia?
(a) The Office of Civilian Defense.
(b) The Communication Corps.
(c) The League of Women's Voters.
(d) The USO.
2. Why was Franklin Roosevelt encouraged to run for a third term?
(a) Because he had committed to seeing the war through himself.
(b) Because of the fragility of the political situation.
(c) Because Congress formally asked him to.
(d) Because of the failure of any Republicans to accept a nomination.
3. When did Franklin Roosevelt take office in the White House?
(a) April 1934.
(b) February 1932.
(c) March 1931.
(d) March 1933.
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt describe her political position?
(b) Practical pacifism.
5. What did Franklin Roosevelt do after losing the 1920 election?
(b) Joined a law firm.
(c) Charity work.
(d) Started strategizing for 1924.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Earl Miller?
2. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt saw in Europe?
3. What was Franklin Roosevelt's reaction to his paralysis?
4. What was Eleanor's position at the League of Women's Voters?
5. What were the social conditions like in America when Franklin Roosevelt took office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Franklin Roosevelt's illness and paralysis.
2. What did Eleanor Roosevelt do to help women, as First Lady?
3. What policies did Eleanor advocate in the Democratic Party?
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's trip to Europe to visit the troops?
5. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's response to European hostilities?
6. Describe Eleanor's experience teaching at the Todhunter school.
7. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's part in the National Youth Administration?
8. In what way did Franklin's polio contribute to Eleanor's political activism?
9. How does Freedman describe the role Eleanor stepped into in the family after her husband was paralyzed?
10. How did Eleanor Roosevelt's role change in Franklin's second term as President?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)