|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Eleanor Roosevelt NOT make unannounced visits?
(a) Southern sharecroppers.
(b) Appalachian coal miners.
(c) Struggling war veterans.
(d) Weapons manufacturers.
2. What does Freedman say the White House resounded with the sound of?
(a) Authoritative footsteps.
(b) Spirited debate.
(c) Plots and counterplots.
(d) Whispering advisors.
3. What does Freedman say was a contentious issue between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) The U.N.
(b) Employment programs for the poor.
(c) Women's rights.
(d) Civil rights.
4. How did Franklin Roosevelt show his regard for Marion Dickerman and Nancy Cook?
(a) He built a cottage for them at Hyde Park.
(b) He donated money to their campaigns.
(c) He paid for them to travel to Europe for political training.
(d) He wrote editorials in support of their causes.
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt work with a private coach to improve?
(a) Her writing.
(b) Her public speaking.
(c) Her driving.
(d) Her sense of diplomacy and propriety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor attribute to Esther Lape and Elizabeth Read?
2. How does Freedman say the marriage between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt changed after the Lucy Mercer affair?
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's suspicion about the Democratic Party's interest in women's rights?
4. What did Eleanor Roosevelt co-direct with Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia?
5. What does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt did in the wake of his affair?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)