|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Eleanor Roosevelt resign from the Daughters of the American Revolution?
(a) Because of their racist politics.
(b) Because she wanted to make room for other talented women.
(c) Because Franklin Roosevelt's advisors asked her to.
(d) They asked her to avoid a conflict of interests.
2. What responsibility did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt say the government bore?
(a) To defend the weak.
(b) To regulate business practices.
(c) To spur innovation.
(d) To encourage innovation.
3. How does Freedman say the trip to see troops affected Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) She returned very sick.
(b) She was invigorated.
(c) She became severely depressed.
(d) She lost 30 pounds.
4. What was Sarah Roosevelt's response when she heard about the crisis over Franklin Roosevelt's affair with Lucy Mercer?
(a) She offered him his freedom.
(b) She told him she would support him no matter what.
(c) She threatened to cut off his inheritance if he divorced.
(d) She threatened to ruin his political career if he divorced.
5. Who was Molly Dewson?
(a) Head of the effort to find work for women.
(b) Editor at Women's Democratic News.
(c) Head of the women's division of the DNC.
(d) Head of the League of Women's Voters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eleanor Roosevelt was criticized for advocating what political stance?
2. What were the social conditions like in America when Franklin Roosevelt took office?
3. What did Eleanor Roosevelt NOT start to get invitations for after she joined the Women's Democratic News?
4. Why was Franklin Roosevelt encouraged to run for a third term?
5. What was Eleanor's position at the League of Women's Voters?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)