|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: A Conventional Society Matron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
(a) A year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two years.
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
(a) She was a beauty.
(b) She was not considered attractive.
(c) She was handsome but not beautiful.
(d) She was half-paralyzed by an infant illness.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was uncomfortable about in the townhouse where she lived with her husband and children?
(a) Being so far from home.
(b) Being surrounded by servants.
(c) Her husband's mistresses.
(d) Being in charge of so many decisions.
4. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
(a) A popular sportsman.
(b) A keep social observer.
(c) A genial host and drinking companion.
(d) A hard-driving businessman.
5. When were Eleanor Roosevelt's parents' married?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's voice changed during her tenure as First Lady?
2. Where did Franklin Roosevelt work after he returned from his honeymoon?
3. What is NOT an innovation Freedman credits Eleanor Roosevelt with?
4. Where did Franklin Roosevelt attend law school?
5. When was Eleanor Roosevelt born?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)