|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: A Conventional Society Matron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the relation between Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt?
(a) First cousins.
(b) Second cousins.
(c) Fifth cousins.
(d) No relation.
2. What was the Junior League's purpose?
(a) To help the needy.
(b) To organize the poor politically.
(c) To raise money for political parties.
(d) To educate workers.
3. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She was not married yet.
(b) She had been educated abroad.
(c) She was not a beauty.
(d) She did not know Greek.
4. Where did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt honeymoon?
(b) Niagara Falls.
5. What did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt do at the Harvard-Yale game?
(a) Kissed for the first time.
(c) Slipped away from their chaperone.
(d) Got drunk together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the relationship between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
2. What did Eleanor give up at Sara's insistence?
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's status in Mlle. Souvestre's eyes?
4. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was uncomfortable about in the townhouse where she lived with her husband and children?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)