|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: A Conventional Society Matron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
(c) The Catskills.
(d) Oak Terrace.
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about her prospects as a wife?
(a) She was not beautiful, and did not have anything to offer.
(b) She was filled with dread about having to perform a wife's duties.
(c) She secretly felt that any man would be lucky to have her for a bride.
(d) She was proud to finally become a wife and mother herself.
3. What did Eleanor give up at Sara's insistence?
(a) Her teaching job in the slums.
(b) Charity work.
(d) Going to the opera.
4. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's presence?
(a) There was an aura about her.
(b) She carried a cloud over her.
(c) She was always in motion.
(d) She was quiet and sometimes faded into the background.
5. Where was Allenswood?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's social demeanor at age 18?
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's personality as a child?
3. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
4. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
5. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)