|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: A Conventional Society Matron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Lucy Mercer?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt's social secretary.
(b) The governess for Eleanor Roosevelt's children.
(c) Franklin Roosevelt's assistant.
(d) Sarah Roosevelt's friend.
2. How did Sara Roosevelt's feelings change by the time Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt were married?
(a) She started to have doubts about Franklin as a husband.
(b) She was terrified that Eleanor was taking Franklin away.
(c) She came to adore Eleanor.
(d) She was less and less interested in the wedding.
3. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
(a) A popular sportsman.
(b) A keep social observer.
(c) A genial host and drinking companion.
(d) A hard-driving businessman.
4. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
(a) The Depression.
(b) The Great War.
(c) The Civil War.
5. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's personalities?
(a) Franklin allowed himself to go with other people's decisions, but Eleanor had to insist on her own way in things.
(b) Franklin was very social, but Eleanor was more political in her interests.
(c) Franklin brooded, but Eleanor kept working at keeping the household running.
(d) Franklin was lighthearted, but Eleanor withdrew from problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor's relationship with Sara Roosevelt?
2. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
3. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about her prospects as a wife?
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)