|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: A Conventional Society Matron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She was not married yet.
(b) She was not a beauty.
(c) She had been educated abroad.
(d) She did not know Greek.
2. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
(a) Working girls.
(b) Wealthy girls.
(c) Her siblings.
(d) Diplomats' daughters.
3. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about moving to Albany when Franklin Roosevelt won his first race?
(a) She was glad to have more space for the children.
(b) She was delighted to get away from Sara.
(c) She was sorry to leave New York.
(d) She was sorry to have to become a political wife.
4. How does Freedman characterize the relationship between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) They talked a lot.
(b) They were formal to the point of being cold.
(c) They were passionate lovers.
(d) They were young and confused.
5. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
(a) The sad-eyed lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor give up at Sara's insistence?
2. What did Eleanor think about Franklin?
3. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
4. Who accompanied Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt during their visits?
5. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)