|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: A Conventional Society Matron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sara Roosevelt's response to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's engagement?
(a) She made everyone uncomfortable with her doubts.
(b) She urged patience.
(c) She objected.
(d) She was delighted for them.
2. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
(d) Rather ugly.
3. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
(b) The Catskills.
(d) Oak Terrace.
4. In what way does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt shocked his wife?
(a) By opposing women's rights.
(b) By sponsoring women's rights.
(c) By undermining women's rights.
(d) By supporting women's rights.
5. Why was Eleanor Roosevelt given this nickname?
(a) Her thoughtful expression.
(b) Her cute face.
(c) Her old-fashioned ways.
(d) Her selflessness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
2. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
4. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
5. Why did Franklin propose to Eleanor, according to Freedman?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)