|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: A Conventional Society Matron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a sign of being a 'fast woman'?
(a) Talking with a man.
(b) Writing a letter to a man.
(c) Accepting jewelry without being engaged.
(d) Dancing with a man.
2. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
(a) The sad-eyed lady.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about her prospects as a wife?
(a) She was proud to finally become a wife and mother herself.
(b) She was filled with dread about having to perform a wife's duties.
(c) She secretly felt that any man would be lucky to have her for a bride.
(d) She was not beautiful, and did not have anything to offer.
4. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
(b) Rather ugly.
5. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
(a) Lady Ambassador.
(b) Lady President.
(c) Secretary of Interior.
(d) First Lady of the World.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Eleanor Roosevelt's first child born?
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's personality as a child?
4. What does Freedman say the Secret Service gave Eleanor Roosevelt?
5. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)