|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: A Conventional Society Matron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
(a) She was half-paralyzed by an infant illness.
(b) She was a beauty.
(c) She was handsome but not beautiful.
(d) She was not considered attractive.
2. What was a sign of being a 'fast woman'?
(a) Dancing with a man.
(b) Accepting jewelry without being engaged.
(c) Talking with a man.
(d) Writing a letter to a man.
3. What did Eleanor give up at Sara's insistence?
(a) Going to the opera.
(c) Her teaching job in the slums.
(d) Charity work.
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
5. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
(a) A boy from the Junior League.
(b) A working boy.
(c) A cousin.
(d) A Harvard boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
2. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
4. When was Eleanor Roosevelt born?
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)