|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: A Conventional Society Matron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
(a) Literature and history.
(b) Botany and husbandry.
(c) Greek and Latin.
(d) Religion and poetry.
2. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
(a) Her sister died.
(b) A farm accident.
(d) Her parents died.
3. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
(a) Even an untalented person like her could change the world.
(b) She owed everything to her faith in God.
(c) She learned everything she knew from Franklin.
(d) She couldn't have done her work without a talented staff of assistants.
4. What does Freedman say the Secret Service gave Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) Top secret security clearance.
(b) A budget.
(c) Her own car.
(d) A gun.
5. What was the Junior League's purpose?
(a) To educate workers.
(b) To organize the poor politically.
(c) To help the needy.
(d) To raise money for political parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
2. What did Elliot Roosevelt's drinking lead to, according to Freedman?
3. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
4. When did Eleanor start to see Franklin regularly?
5. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)