|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: A Conventional Society Matron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
(b) Rather ugly.
2. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
(a) Her uncle had become an alcoholic.
(b) The family's fortunes had declined.
(c) Her grandmother had died.
(d) Her uncle had died.
3. What did Elliot Roosevelt die of?
(a) An accident.
4. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
(a) She grew into it.
(b) She was hurt by it.
(c) She loved it.
(d) She rebelled against it.
5. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's personalities?
(a) Franklin brooded, but Eleanor kept working at keeping the household running.
(b) Franklin allowed himself to go with other people's decisions, but Eleanor had to insist on her own way in things.
(c) Franklin was lighthearted, but Eleanor withdrew from problems.
(d) Franklin was very social, but Eleanor was more political in her interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanied Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt during their visits?
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
3. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
4. Where was Allenswood?
5. What did Elliot Roosevelt's drinking lead to, according to Freedman?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)