|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: A Conventional Society Matron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Franklin propose to Eleanor, according to Freedman?
(a) He thought she would make a good mother.
(b) He wanted her to bring out the best in him.
(c) He was smitten with her.
(d) He wanted her to manage his affairs.
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
(a) She strengthened her resolve.
(b) She opened her mind.
(c) She schooled her in religion.
(d) She taught her to go without things.
3. Why was Eleanor Roosevelt given this nickname?
(a) Her old-fashioned ways.
(b) Her cute face.
(c) Her thoughtful expression.
(d) Her selflessness.
4. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
(a) The International Monetary Fund.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) Drought relief in Africa.
(d) The World Bank.
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
(a) She was accommodating.
(b) She was adamant.
(c) She was contrite.
(d) She was flexible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize Franklin Roosevelt's attitude toward the children?
2. Where would Franklin invite Eleanor to visit on weekends?
3. What gesture of familiarity was forbidden to Franklin Roosevelt?
4. What was Sara Roosevelt's response to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's engagement?
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)