|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: A Conventional Society Matron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
(a) Turned it into a more diplomatic position.
(b) Debased the office.
(c) Took it to new heights.
(d) Won more power for it.
2. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Great War.
(c) The Depression.
3. What was a sign of being a 'fast woman'?
(a) Talking with a man.
(b) Dancing with a man.
(c) Writing a letter to a man.
(d) Accepting jewelry without being engaged.
4. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was uncomfortable about in the townhouse where she lived with her husband and children?
(a) Being surrounded by servants.
(b) Being so far from home.
(c) Her husband's mistresses.
(d) Being in charge of so many decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor's relationship with Sara Roosevelt?
2. How did Sara Roosevelt's feelings change by the time Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt were married?
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's lifestyle like, according to Freedman?
4. Why did Franklin propose to Eleanor, according to Freedman?
5. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)