|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: A Conventional Society Matron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
(a) She was a beauty.
(b) She was handsome but not beautiful.
(c) She was half-paralyzed by an infant illness.
(d) She was not considered attractive.
2. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about moving to Albany when Franklin Roosevelt won his first race?
(a) She was delighted to get away from Sara.
(b) She was sorry to have to become a political wife.
(c) She was sorry to leave New York.
(d) She was glad to have more space for the children.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt when Franklin proposed?
4. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's personalities?
(a) Franklin was lighthearted, but Eleanor withdrew from problems.
(b) Franklin brooded, but Eleanor kept working at keeping the household running.
(c) Franklin was very social, but Eleanor was more political in her interests.
(d) Franklin allowed himself to go with other people's decisions, but Eleanor had to insist on her own way in things.
5. What did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt do at the Harvard-Yale game?
(b) Slipped away from their chaperone.
(c) Got drunk together.
(d) Kissed for the first time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt honeymoon?
2. What was Sara Roosevelt's response to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's engagement?
3. What did Elliot Roosevelt's drinking lead to, according to Freedman?
4. In what way does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt shocked his wife?
5. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)