|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: A Conventional Society Matron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Eleanor Roosevelt given this nickname?
(a) Her cute face.
(b) Her old-fashioned ways.
(c) Her thoughtful expression.
(d) Her selflessness.
2. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's personalities?
(a) Franklin was lighthearted, but Eleanor withdrew from problems.
(b) Franklin allowed himself to go with other people's decisions, but Eleanor had to insist on her own way in things.
(c) Franklin brooded, but Eleanor kept working at keeping the household running.
(d) Franklin was very social, but Eleanor was more political in her interests.
3. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with her mother-in-law affected her?
(a) She became depressed.
(b) She learned to assert herself and her beliefs.
(c) She became determined to do good deeds.
(d) She became invigorated.
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
5. What was a sign of being a 'fast woman'?
(a) Accepting jewelry without being engaged.
(b) Writing a letter to a man.
(c) Dancing with a man.
(d) Talking with a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
2. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
3. Which child of Eleanor Roosevelt's died in infancy?
4. Where was Franklin Roosevelt on his way to, when Eleanor Roosevelt ran into him?
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's status in Mlle. Souvestre's eyes?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)