|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: A Conventional Society Matron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize Franklin Roosevelt's attitude toward the children?
(a) He played with them and spoiled them.
(b) He hardy noticed them.
(c) He took them with him to the legislature.
(d) He disciplined them strictly.
2. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
(a) Six months.
(b) A year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two months.
3. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
(a) She unions and workers.
(b) She used it to foster her reputation for fierce independence.
(c) She negotiated treaties.
(d) She went for long drives alone.
4. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
(d) The sad-eyed lady.
5. What was Franklin responsible for when the U.S. entered World War I?
(a) Raising money.
(c) Mobilizing warships.
(d) Overseeing war contractors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would Franklin invite Eleanor to visit on weekends?
2. Where did Franklin Roosevelt work after he returned from his honeymoon?
3. Why was Eleanor Roosevelt given this nickname?
4. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
5. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)