|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: A Conventional Society Matron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
(a) A Harvard boy.
(b) A working boy.
(c) A boy from the Junior League.
(d) A cousin.
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about her prospects as a wife?
(a) She secretly felt that any man would be lucky to have her for a bride.
(b) She was filled with dread about having to perform a wife's duties.
(c) She was not beautiful, and did not have anything to offer.
(d) She was proud to finally become a wife and mother herself.
3. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
(a) The sad-eyed lady.
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt when Franklin proposed?
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with her mother-in-law affected her?
(a) She became determined to do good deeds.
(b) She became invigorated.
(c) She became depressed.
(d) She learned to assert herself and her beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt about politics?
3. What did Eleanor give up at Sara's insistence?
4. Who accompanied Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt during their visits?
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's lifestyle like, according to Freedman?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)