|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: A Conventional Society Matron.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
(a) She grieved hard for three months then forgot him.
(b) She became depressed and suicidal.
(c) She created a fantasy world where he was still alive.
(d) She created a religious mindset in which his spirit was still with her.
2. Who accompanied Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt during their visits?
(a) A chaperone.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Mlle. Souvestre.
(d) His mother.
3. What was a sign of being a 'fast woman'?
(a) Talking with a man.
(b) Dancing with a man.
(c) Accepting jewelry without being engaged.
(d) Writing a letter to a man.
4. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
(a) The sad-eyed lady.
5. Where did Franklin Roosevelt attend law school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt do at the Harvard-Yale game?
2. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's status in Mlle. Souvestre's eyes?
4. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with her mother-in-law affected her?
5. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)