|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sara Roosevelt's response to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's engagement?
(a) She urged patience.
(b) She was delighted for them.
(c) She made everyone uncomfortable with her doubts.
(d) She objected.
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's voice changed during her tenure as First Lady?
(a) She spoke out in defense of corporations and free enterprise.
(b) She spoke out for American participation in World War II.
(c) She began to speak less and less as her husband's presidency went on.
(d) She spoke more strongly for justice and peace.
3. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
(a) Her uncle had died.
(b) The family's fortunes had declined.
(c) Her grandmother had died.
(d) Her uncle had become an alcoholic.
4. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's status in Mlle. Souvestre's eyes?
(a) She was not distinguished.
(b) She was a constant troublemaker.
(c) She had the seat of honor at dinner.
(d) She was often chastised.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say the Secret Service objected to?
2. When was Eleanor Roosevelt born?
3. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
4. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)