|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
(a) Debt relief.
(b) Hunger relief.
(d) Women's working conditions.
2. What did Elliot Roosevelt's drinking lead to, according to Freedman?
(c) Love affairs.
(d) Temperance meetings.
3. What was the relation between Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt?
(a) No relation.
(b) Fifth cousins.
(c) Second cousins.
(d) First cousins.
4. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
(a) Improved it.
(b) Undermined it.
(c) Belittled it.
(d) Took it away.
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about her prospects as a wife?
(a) She was filled with dread about having to perform a wife's duties.
(b) She secretly felt that any man would be lucky to have her for a bride.
(c) She was proud to finally become a wife and mother herself.
(d) She was not beautiful, and did not have anything to offer.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
2. What was the Junior League's purpose?
3. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
4. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
5. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)