|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elliot Roosevelt's drinking lead to, according to Freedman?
(b) Love affairs.
(c) Temperance meetings.
2. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's social demeanor at age 18?
(a) Pleasant and gracious.
(b) Aggressive and political.
(c) Awkward and shy.
(d) Humble and religious.
3. Where was Franklin Roosevelt on his way to, when Eleanor Roosevelt ran into him?
(a) To visit her grandmother.
(b) To vacation in Maine.
(c) To return to school.
(d) To visit his mother.
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
(a) Won more power for it.
(b) Turned it into a more diplomatic position.
(c) Took it to new heights.
(d) Debased the office.
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
(b) Queenly decorum.
(d) Placid confidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
2. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
3. What gesture of familiarity was forbidden to Franklin Roosevelt?
4. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
5. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)