|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Franklin propose to Eleanor, according to Freedman?
(a) He wanted her to bring out the best in him.
(b) He was smitten with her.
(c) He wanted her to manage his affairs.
(d) He thought she would make a good mother.
2. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
(a) Her sister died.
(b) A farm accident.
(c) Her parents died.
3. What did Elliot Roosevelt's drinking lead to, according to Freedman?
(a) Temperance meetings.
(d) Love affairs.
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
(a) She created a fantasy world where he was still alive.
(b) She created a religious mindset in which his spirit was still with her.
(c) She grieved hard for three months then forgot him.
(d) She became depressed and suicidal.
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
(a) She went for long drives alone.
(b) She used it to foster her reputation for fierce independence.
(c) She unions and workers.
(d) She negotiated treaties.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's personality as a child?
2. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
3. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
4. What was Sara Roosevelt's response to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's engagement?
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)