|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
(a) She did not know him.
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
(a) She used it to foster her reputation for fierce independence.
(b) She negotiated treaties.
(c) She went for long drives alone.
(d) She unions and workers.
3. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
(a) A genial host and drinking companion.
(b) A keep social observer.
(c) A hard-driving businessman.
(d) A popular sportsman.
4. What gesture of familiarity was forbidden to Franklin Roosevelt?
(a) Writing letters to Eleanor.
(b) Calling Eleanor by her first name.
(c) Inviting her to his house.
(d) Talking about Eleanor with friends.
5. How did Sara Roosevelt's feelings change by the time Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt were married?
(a) She was terrified that Eleanor was taking Franklin away.
(b) She was less and less interested in the wedding.
(c) She started to have doubts about Franklin as a husband.
(d) She came to adore Eleanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Franklin propose to Eleanor, according to Freedman?
2. What was Sara Roosevelt's response to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's engagement?
3. Where would Franklin invite Eleanor to visit on weekends?
4. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
5. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)