|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would Franklin invite Eleanor to visit on weekends?
(a) Campobello Island.
(b) Washington D.C.
(d) New Brunswick.
2. What was the Junior League's purpose?
(a) To help the needy.
(b) To organize the poor politically.
(c) To raise money for political parties.
(d) To educate workers.
3. Why did Franklin propose to Eleanor, according to Freedman?
(a) He was smitten with her.
(b) He thought she would make a good mother.
(c) He wanted her to bring out the best in him.
(d) He wanted her to manage his affairs.
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did about this feeling?
(a) Argued fiercely.
(b) Talked herself out of it.
(c) Argued fiercely.
(d) Kept silent.
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's lifestyle like, according to Freedman?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's voice changed during her tenure as First Lady?
3. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
5. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)