|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the relationship between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) They were passionate lovers.
(b) They were formal to the point of being cold.
(c) They were young and confused.
(d) They talked a lot.
2. What does Freedman say the Secret Service objected to?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt's reclusivity.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt's outspoken public persona.
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt's trips to foreign countries.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt's driving alone.
3. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year.
(d) Two months.
4. When did Eleanor start to see Franklin regularly?
(a) When she turned twenty.
(b) The winter of her coming out.
(c) Right after retuning to the U.S.
(d) Before she left England.
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did about this feeling?
(a) Kept silent.
(b) Argued fiercely.
(c) Argued fiercely.
(d) Talked herself out of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
2. Where was Franklin Roosevelt on his way to, when Eleanor Roosevelt ran into him?
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
4. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)