|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about her prospects as a wife?
(a) She was proud to finally become a wife and mother herself.
(b) She was filled with dread about having to perform a wife's duties.
(c) She was not beautiful, and did not have anything to offer.
(d) She secretly felt that any man would be lucky to have her for a bride.
2. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
3. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
(a) Her grandmother had died.
(b) Her uncle had died.
(c) Her uncle had become an alcoholic.
(d) The family's fortunes had declined.
4. How did Sara Roosevelt's feelings change by the time Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt were married?
(a) She was terrified that Eleanor was taking Franklin away.
(b) She was less and less interested in the wedding.
(c) She came to adore Eleanor.
(d) She started to have doubts about Franklin as a husband.
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt when Franklin proposed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
2. What did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt do at the Harvard-Yale game?
3. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
4. What holiday did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt marry on?
5. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)