|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
(d) Rather ugly.
2. When did Eleanor start to see Franklin regularly?
(a) Before she left England.
(b) Right after retuning to the U.S.
(c) The winter of her coming out.
(d) When she turned twenty.
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
(a) She was not considered attractive.
(b) She was half-paralyzed by an infant illness.
(c) She was a beauty.
(d) She was handsome but not beautiful.
4. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
(a) Her siblings.
(b) Wealthy girls.
(c) Diplomats' daughters.
(d) Working girls.
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt when Franklin proposed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's social demeanor at age 18?
2. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
3. How did Franklin Roosevelt describe Eleanor Roosevelt's eyes when they met?
4. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
5. Where was Allenswood?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)