|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Cousin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
(a) Debt relief.
(b) Hunger relief.
(c) Women's working conditions.
2. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
(a) A boy from the Junior League.
(b) A Harvard boy.
(c) A working boy.
(d) A cousin.
3. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She had been educated abroad.
(b) She was not married yet.
(c) She did not know Greek.
(d) She was not a beauty.
4. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The World Bank.
(c) Drought relief in Africa.
(d) The International Monetary Fund.
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
(a) She lost her fears.
(b) She saw through the eyes of people who didn't have her comforts.
(c) She became more stubborn.
(d) She learned to hold her tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Franklin propose to Eleanor, according to Freedman?
2. What does Freedman say the Secret Service gave Eleanor Roosevelt?
3. Where would Franklin invite Eleanor to visit on weekends?
4. When was Eleanor Roosevelt born?
5. When were Eleanor Roosevelt's parents' married?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)