|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two: Poor Little Rich Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
(a) She learned everything she knew from Franklin.
(b) She owed everything to her faith in God.
(c) Even an untalented person like her could change the world.
(d) She couldn't have done her work without a talented staff of assistants.
2. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
(a) Secretary of Interior.
(b) First Lady of the World.
(c) Lady Ambassador.
(d) Lady President.
3. To what does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt devoted her time after her husband died?
(a) The World Bank.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) Drought relief in Africa.
(d) The International Monetary Fund.
4. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
(b) Scarlet fever.
5. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
(a) She loved it.
(b) She grew into it.
(c) She rebelled against it.
(d) She was hurt by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say the Secret Service objected to?
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's voice changed during her tenure as First Lady?
3. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
4. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
5. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)