|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two: Poor Little Rich Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
(b) A farm accident.
(c) Her parents died.
(d) Her sister died.
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
(a) She was indistinct.
(b) She was plain.
(c) She was a horror.
(d) She was a beauty.
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
(a) She created a fantasy world where he was still alive.
(b) She grieved hard for three months then forgot him.
(c) She created a religious mindset in which his spirit was still with her.
(d) She became depressed and suicidal.
4. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
(c) Scarlet fever.
5. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
(a) Even an untalented person like her could change the world.
(b) She learned everything she knew from Franklin.
(c) She couldn't have done her work without a talented staff of assistants.
(d) She owed everything to her faith in God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
2. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
3. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
4. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)