|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two: Poor Little Rich Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's voice changed during her tenure as First Lady?
(a) She spoke out for American participation in World War II.
(b) She began to speak less and less as her husband's presidency went on.
(c) She spoke more strongly for justice and peace.
(d) She spoke out in defense of corporations and free enterprise.
2. Why was Eleanor Roosevelt given this nickname?
(a) Her old-fashioned ways.
(b) Her thoughtful expression.
(c) Her selflessness.
(d) Her cute face.
3. What does Freedman say the Secret Service gave Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) A gun.
(b) Her own car.
(c) Top secret security clearance.
(d) A budget.
4. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's presence?
(a) She carried a cloud over her.
(b) She was always in motion.
(c) There was an aura about her.
(d) She was quiet and sometimes faded into the background.
5. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
(a) A financial crisis.
(b) A broken ankle.
(c) A needy personality.
(d) A divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
2. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's lifestyle like, according to Freedman?
3. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
4. What did Elliot Roosevelt die of?
5. When were Eleanor Roosevelt's parents' married?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)