|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two: Poor Little Rich Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
(a) The Civil War.
(c) The Great War.
(d) The Depression.
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
(a) She went for long drives alone.
(b) She unions and workers.
(c) She negotiated treaties.
(d) She used it to foster her reputation for fierce independence.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
(c) Placid confidence.
(d) Queenly decorum.
4. What does Freedman say the Secret Service objected to?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt's outspoken public persona.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt's reclusivity.
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt's driving alone.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt's trips to foreign countries.
5. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
2. What title was Eleanor Roosevelt unofficially given, according to Freedman?
3. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)