|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two: Poor Little Rich Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
(a) She was half-paralyzed by an infant illness.
(b) She was not considered attractive.
(c) She was a beauty.
(d) She was handsome but not beautiful.
2. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
(b) A farm accident.
(c) Her parents died.
(d) Her sister died.
3. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
(d) Scarlet fever.
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's lifestyle like, according to Freedman?
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt used the thing the Secret Service gave her?
(a) She negotiated treaties.
(b) She unions and workers.
(c) She used it to foster her reputation for fierce independence.
(d) She went for long drives alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
2. What is NOT an innovation Freedman credits Eleanor Roosevelt with?
3. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)