|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two: Poor Little Rich Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
(a) Even an untalented person like her could change the world.
(b) She couldn't have done her work without a talented staff of assistants.
(c) She owed everything to her faith in God.
(d) She learned everything she knew from Franklin.
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's looks as a young girl?
(a) She was not considered attractive.
(b) She was handsome but not beautiful.
(c) She was a beauty.
(d) She was half-paralyzed by an infant illness.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
(a) Placid confidence.
(d) Queenly decorum.
4. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
(a) Her sister died.
(b) Her parents died.
(c) A farm accident.
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's voice changed during her tenure as First Lady?
(a) She began to speak less and less as her husband's presidency went on.
(b) She spoke more strongly for justice and peace.
(c) She spoke out for American participation in World War II.
(d) She spoke out in defense of corporations and free enterprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
2. What does Freedman say the Secret Service objected to?
3. Why was Eleanor Roosevelt given this nickname?
4. When was Eleanor Roosevelt born?
5. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)