|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two: Poor Little Rich Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
(a) She was adamant.
(b) She was flexible.
(c) She was contrite.
(d) She was accommodating.
2. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
(a) A popular sportsman.
(b) A hard-driving businessman.
(c) A keep social observer.
(d) A genial host and drinking companion.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
(a) Debased the office.
(b) Won more power for it.
(c) Turned it into a more diplomatic position.
(d) Took it to new heights.
4. What did Elliot Roosevelt's drinking lead to, according to Freedman?
(b) Temperance meetings.
(c) Love affairs.
5. What misfortune struck Eleanor Roosevelt at age ten?
(b) A farm accident.
(c) Her parents died.
(d) Her sister died.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's personality as a child?
3. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
4. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
5. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)