|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two: Poor Little Rich Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
2. Why was Eleanor Roosevelt given this nickname?
(a) Her old-fashioned ways.
(b) Her selflessness.
(c) Her thoughtful expression.
(d) Her cute face.
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's lifestyle like, according to Freedman?
4. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
(a) She owed everything to her faith in God.
(b) She learned everything she knew from Franklin.
(c) She couldn't have done her work without a talented staff of assistants.
(d) Even an untalented person like her could change the world.
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's voice changed during her tenure as First Lady?
(a) She spoke out in defense of corporations and free enterprise.
(b) She began to speak less and less as her husband's presidency went on.
(c) She spoke out for American participation in World War II.
(d) She spoke more strongly for justice and peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elliot Roosevelt die of?
2. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
3. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
4. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)