|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two: Poor Little Rich Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
(d) She did not know him.
2. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
(a) A hard-driving businessman.
(b) A popular sportsman.
(c) A keep social observer.
(d) A genial host and drinking companion.
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
4. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
(a) A financial crisis.
(b) A divorce.
(c) A broken ankle.
(d) A needy personality.
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's voice changed during her tenure as First Lady?
(a) She spoke out in defense of corporations and free enterprise.
(b) She spoke out for American participation in World War II.
(c) She began to speak less and less as her husband's presidency went on.
(d) She spoke more strongly for justice and peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
2. What does Freedman say the Secret Service objected to?
3. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
5. What is NOT an innovation Freedman credits Eleanor Roosevelt with?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)