Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: On Her Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the relationship between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) They were young and confused.
(b) They talked a lot.
(c) They were passionate lovers.
(d) They were formal to the point of being cold.
2. What effect did her husband's paralysis have on Eleanor's feelings for him?
(a) She began to resent him.
(b) She fell in love with him again.
(c) She finally began to admire his character.
(d) She ceased to resent him.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did to the position of First Lady?
(a) Won more power for it.
(b) Debased the office.
(c) Turned it into a more diplomatic position.
(d) Took it to new heights.
4. How did Franklin Roosevelt describe Eleanor Roosevelt's eyes when they met?
5. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with her mother-in-law affected her?
2. What did Eleanor Roosevelt work with a private coach to improve?
3. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's social demeanor at age 18?
4. What did Eleanor like about Louis Howe?
5. Why was Committee Three a good place for Eleanor Roosevelt at the U.N.?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)