Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: Partners.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Franklin Roosevelt describe Eleanor Roosevelt's eyes when they met?
2. What was Sarah Roosevelt's response when she heard about the crisis over Franklin Roosevelt's affair with Lucy Mercer?
(a) She threatened to ruin his political career if he divorced.
(b) She told him she would support him no matter what.
(c) She offered him his freedom.
(d) She threatened to cut off his inheritance if he divorced.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did about this feeling?
(a) Kept silent.
(b) Argued fiercely.
(c) Talked herself out of it.
(d) Argued fiercely.
4. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She had been educated abroad.
(b) She was not married yet.
(c) She did not know Greek.
(d) She was not a beauty.
5. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sara Roosevelt's response to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's engagement?
2. Which improvement were women NOT trying to make when Eleanor Roosevelt was working with the Women's Democratic News?
3. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
4. In what way does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt shocked his wife?
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor tried to convey her observations to her husband?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)