|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight: A President's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
(a) Fellow volunteer.
(c) Rival for a boy's attention.
(d) Cousin and roommate.
2. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about moving to Albany when Franklin Roosevelt won his first race?
(a) She was sorry to leave New York.
(b) She was glad to have more space for the children.
(c) She was delighted to get away from Sara.
(d) She was sorry to have to become a political wife.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did about this feeling?
(a) Argued fiercely.
(b) Kept silent.
(c) Talked herself out of it.
(d) Argued fiercely.
4. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
(a) She lost her fears.
(b) She became more stubborn.
(c) She saw through the eyes of people who didn't have her comforts.
(d) She learned to hold her tongue.
5. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
(a) The Catskills.
(d) Oak Terrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize the relationship between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
2. What effect did her husband's paralysis have on Eleanor's feelings for him?
3. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was uncomfortable about in the townhouse where she lived with her husband and children?
5. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt speaking for in her talks?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)