|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: The War Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
(a) A hard-driving businessman.
(b) A genial host and drinking companion.
(c) A keep social observer.
(d) A popular sportsman.
2. What did Eleanor Roosevelt prefer to chauffeured limousines?
(a) A Ford roadster.
(b) A Dodge coupe.
(c) A Plymouth convertible.
3. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
(a) Oak Terrace.
(b) The Catskills.
4. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with her mother-in-law affected her?
(a) She became determined to do good deeds.
(b) She became invigorated.
(c) She became depressed.
(d) She learned to assert herself and her beliefs.
5. What was America's initial stance toward the war in Europe?
(b) Gunboat diplomacy.
(d) Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eleanor's position at the Women's Democratic News?
2. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
3. How did Sara Roosevelt's feelings change by the time Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt were married?
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's suspicion about the Democratic Party's interest in women's rights?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)