|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: The War Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's role in the New Age her husband was inaugurating?
(a) She was the intelligence.
(b) She was the motivation.
(c) She was the legwork.
(d) She was the conscience.
2. What did Eleanor attribute to Esther Lape and Elizabeth Read?
(a) Her ability to speak up to her mother-in-law.
(b) Her political awakening.
(c) Her devotion to her husband.
(d) Her triumph over shyness.
3. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's social demeanor at age 18?
(a) Pleasant and gracious.
(b) Aggressive and political.
(c) Humble and religious.
(d) Awkward and shy.
4. Why did Eleanor Roosevelt resign from the Daughters of the American Revolution?
(a) They asked her to avoid a conflict of interests.
(b) Because of their racist politics.
(c) Because Franklin Roosevelt's advisors asked her to.
(d) Because she wanted to make room for other talented women.
5. What did Eleanor think about Franklin?
(a) She was afraid of him.
(b) She doubted his seriousness as a person.
(c) She had a soft spot for him, but no real affection.
(d) She didn't think he was interested in her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt about politics?
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about public speaking?
3. What did Eleanor Roosevelt feel her husband did to her lifestyle by running for President?
4. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about war?
5. What was Eleanor's position at the League of Women's Voters?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)