|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: The War Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT an innovation Freedman credits Eleanor Roosevelt with?
(a) Driving her own car.
(b) Negotiating treaties herself.
(c) Traveling the world.
(d) Opening the White House doors to reporters.
2. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor's relationship with Sara Roosevelt?
(a) She adopted her as her own mother.
(b) She agreed with all her plans.
(c) She opposed her in almost everything.
(d) She declared her independence from her.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
(b) Placid confidence.
(d) Queenly decorum.
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
5. What difficulties does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady through?
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The Great War.
(d) The Depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Eleanor Roosevelt describe her political position?
2. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about war?
3. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
4. Who was Molly Dewson?
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor changed in Franklin Roosevelt's second term?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)