|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: The War Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt when Franklin proposed?
2. How many men does Freedman say were killed in World War I?
(a) 10 million.
(b) 50 million.
(c) 20 million.
3. Who was Earl Miller?
(a) A political appointee.
(b) An activist.
(c) A state trooper.
(d) A reporter.
4. What does Freedman say was the effect of Franklin Roosevelt's paralysis?
(a) He learned to remain untouched by political attacks.
(b) He began to drink and became depressed.
(c) He became more understanding of people's hardships.
(d) He despaired, but was occasionally inspired.
5. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's role in the New Age her husband was inaugurating?
(a) She was the conscience.
(b) She was the motivation.
(c) She was the intelligence.
(d) She was the legwork.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice did Louis Howe give Eleanor Roosevelt after Franklin Roosevelt's paralysis?
2. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
3. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
4. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about war?
5. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)