|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: The War Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
(a) A Harvard boy.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A working boy.
(d) A boy from the Junior League.
2. What does Freedman say the White House resounded with the sound of?
(a) Plots and counterplots.
(b) Authoritative footsteps.
(c) Spirited debate.
(d) Whispering advisors.
3. Why did Franklin propose to Eleanor, according to Freedman?
(a) He wanted her to bring out the best in him.
(b) He was smitten with her.
(c) He wanted her to manage his affairs.
(d) He thought she would make a good mother.
4. How did Sara Roosevelt's feelings change by the time Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt were married?
(a) She was less and less interested in the wedding.
(b) She came to adore Eleanor.
(c) She was terrified that Eleanor was taking Franklin away.
(d) She started to have doubts about Franklin as a husband.
5. How does Freedman characterize conversations at the White House?
(a) The children would interrupt Franklin or Eleanor Roosevelt if they didn't agree.
(b) There was always a respectful silence when the President and First Lady spoke.
(c) The President and First Lady would pick their visitors' brains for information and observations.
(d) Eleanor would throw people out of they disagreed with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a sign of being a 'fast woman'?
2. When did World War I end?
3. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about moving to Albany when Franklin Roosevelt won his first race?
4. What is NOT an innovation Freedman credits Eleanor Roosevelt with?
5. Who was Lucy Mercer?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)