|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: The War Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor attribute to Esther Lape and Elizabeth Read?
(a) Her political awakening.
(b) Her devotion to her husband.
(c) Her triumph over shyness.
(d) Her ability to speak up to her mother-in-law.
2. Who beat Franklin Roosevelt in 1920?
(a) Louis Howe.
(b) Calvin Coolidge.
(c) James Cox.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
3. When were Eleanor Roosevelt's parents' married?
4. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's personalities?
(a) Franklin allowed himself to go with other people's decisions, but Eleanor had to insist on her own way in things.
(b) Franklin brooded, but Eleanor kept working at keeping the household running.
(c) Franklin was lighthearted, but Eleanor withdrew from problems.
(d) Franklin was very social, but Eleanor was more political in her interests.
5. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
(d) She did not know him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Molly Dewson?
2. What kind of gathering was Eleanor Roosevelt a frequent attendant at after her return to the U.S.?
3. What communities did Eleanor Roosevelt provide political access to for her husband?
4. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
5. What does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt did in the wake of his affair?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)