|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: The War Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was allowed into Eleanor Roosevelt's press conferences?
(a) Only unemployed people.
(b) Only female reporters.
(c) The media.
(d) Only teachers and social workers.
2. What did Eleanor refuse to give up when Franklin Roosevelt was elected Governor of New York?
(c) Political activities.
(d) The Women's Democratic News.
3. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
(a) Even an untalented person like her could change the world.
(b) She couldn't have done her work without a talented staff of assistants.
(c) She owed everything to her faith in God.
(d) She learned everything she knew from Franklin.
4. Where would Franklin invite Eleanor to visit on weekends?
(a) New Brunswick.
(b) Washington D.C.
(d) Campobello Island.
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
(a) Fellow volunteer.
(b) Rival for a boy's attention.
(d) Cousin and roommate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Franklin responsible for when the U.S. entered World War I?
2. Why was Franklin Roosevelt encouraged to run for a third term?
3. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
5. What did Eleanor give up at Sara's insistence?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)