|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: The War Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who beat Franklin Roosevelt in 1920?
(a) Calvin Coolidge.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) Louis Howe.
(d) James Cox.
2. When was Eleanor Roosevelt born?
3. Why did Franklin Roosevelt expand the size of the federal government?
(a) To solidify his support.
(b) To protect against Communism.
(c) To elbow out his competitors.
(d) To create opportunities.
4. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's social demeanor at age 18?
(a) Pleasant and gracious.
(b) Aggressive and political.
(c) Humble and religious.
(d) Awkward and shy.
5. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
(a) A financial crisis.
(b) A broken ankle.
(c) A divorce.
(d) A needy personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say the Secret Service gave Eleanor Roosevelt?
2. What was the Junior League's purpose?
3. Who was allowed into Eleanor Roosevelt's press conferences?
4. How does Freedman characterize Franklin Roosevelt's attitude toward the children?
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt became for Franklin Roosevelt?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)