|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: The War Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
(a) Her uncle had become an alcoholic.
(b) The family's fortunes had declined.
(c) Her grandmother had died.
(d) Her uncle had died.
2. Who did Franklin Roosevelt follow into politics?
(a) His cousin Teddy.
(b) A lawyer from his firm.
(c) His mother's advice.
(d) His father.
3. What did Eleanor Roosevelt NOT start to get invitations for after she joined the Women's Democratic News?
(a) Campaign for office.
(b) Radio interviews.
(c) Speaking engagements.
(d) Political debates.
4. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about war?
(a) Freedman says that Eleanor hated the possibility of another war.
(b) Freedman says that Eleanor wanted to defeat Germany once and for all.
(c) Freedman says that Eleanor favored air strikes to occupation.
(d) Freedman says that Eleanor was anxious to get troops to Europe to protect the poor and desperate people there.
5. How would Eleanor go about making a recommendation to her husband, according to Freedman?
(a) She would talk to him when they were alone.
(b) She would make her proposal in the most concise way.
(c) She would buy a book or bring a guest who could articulate her idea.
(d) She would talk to her husband's advisors, and convince them to support her idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor Roosevelt urge women to do in 'It's Up to the Women'?
2. What were the social conditions like in America when Franklin Roosevelt took office?
3. Who was Lucy Mercer?
4. How does Freedman say the trip to see troops affected Eleanor Roosevelt?
5. Why did Franklin Roosevelt expand the size of the federal government?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)