|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: The War Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's presence?
(a) There was an aura about her.
(b) She carried a cloud over her.
(c) She was quiet and sometimes faded into the background.
(d) She was always in motion.
2. How did Franklin Roosevelt show his regard for Marion Dickerman and Nancy Cook?
(a) He built a cottage for them at Hyde Park.
(b) He wrote editorials in support of their causes.
(c) He paid for them to travel to Europe for political training.
(d) He donated money to their campaigns.
3. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
(a) She grew into it.
(b) She loved it.
(c) She rebelled against it.
(d) She was hurt by it.
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt did about this feeling?
(a) Kept silent.
(b) Talked herself out of it.
(c) Argued fiercely.
(d) Argued fiercely.
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about her prospects as a wife?
(a) She was filled with dread about having to perform a wife's duties.
(b) She was not beautiful, and did not have anything to offer.
(c) She was proud to finally become a wife and mother herself.
(d) She secretly felt that any man would be lucky to have her for a bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with her mother-in-law affected her?
3. Where was Allenswood?
4. What did Eleanor learn how to do in order to teach her children?
5. What did Eleanor refuse to give up when Franklin Roosevelt was elected Governor of New York?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)