|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: The War Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's voice changed during her tenure as First Lady?
(a) She spoke out for American participation in World War II.
(b) She spoke more strongly for justice and peace.
(c) She began to speak less and less as her husband's presidency went on.
(d) She spoke out in defense of corporations and free enterprise.
2. What did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt do at the Harvard-Yale game?
(a) Kissed for the first time.
(b) Slipped away from their chaperone.
(d) Got drunk together.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about her prospects as a wife?
(a) She was not beautiful, and did not have anything to offer.
(b) She secretly felt that any man would be lucky to have her for a bride.
(c) She was filled with dread about having to perform a wife's duties.
(d) She was proud to finally become a wife and mother herself.
4. Where was Allenswood?
(c) New York.
5. What were Franklin Roosevelt's advisers' thoughts about Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) They played off her radical views to enhance Franklin Roosevelt's image.
(b) They let her test the waters, and then charted their course.
(c) They tried everything they could to silence her.
(d) They were apprehensive about her radical views.
Short Answer Questions
1. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
2. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's personality as a child?
3. Where did Marion Dickerman invite Eleanor to teach?
4. What did Franklin Roosevelt die of?
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)