|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: The War Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
2. What does Freedman say the White House resounded with the sound of?
(a) Spirited debate.
(b) Whispering advisors.
(c) Authoritative footsteps.
(d) Plots and counterplots.
3. What was it that paralyzed Franklin Roosevelt?
(c) A swimming accident.
(d) A stroke.
4. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's personalities?
(a) Franklin brooded, but Eleanor kept working at keeping the household running.
(b) Franklin was very social, but Eleanor was more political in her interests.
(c) Franklin was lighthearted, but Eleanor withdrew from problems.
(d) Franklin allowed himself to go with other people's decisions, but Eleanor had to insist on her own way in things.
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt when Franklin proposed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's personality as a child?
2. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's best subjects at Allenswood?
3. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's presence?
4. How did Franklin Roosevelt show his regard for Marion Dickerman and Nancy Cook?
5. What does Freedman say the Secret Service gave Eleanor Roosevelt?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)