|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: The War Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with her mother-in-law affected her?
(a) She learned to assert herself and her beliefs.
(b) She became invigorated.
(c) She became depressed.
(d) She became determined to do good deeds.
2. How does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt reacted to the Secret Service's objections?
(a) She was accommodating.
(b) She was flexible.
(c) She was contrite.
(d) She was adamant.
3. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt speaking for in her talks?
(a) The downtrodden.
(b) American civilization itself.
(c) The woman of the house.
(d) The small businessman.
4. What modest claim does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt made about her work as First Lady?
(a) She learned everything she knew from Franklin.
(b) Even an untalented person like her could change the world.
(c) She couldn't have done her work without a talented staff of assistants.
(d) She owed everything to her faith in God.
5. What was it that paralyzed Franklin Roosevelt?
(a) A stroke.
(b) A swimming accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say people expected Eleanor Roosevelt to do as First Lady?
2. Where did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt honeymoon?
3. To whom did Eleanor Roosevelt NOT make unannounced visits?
4. What was Eleanor Roosevelt doing before her husband ran for President?
5. What does Freedman say Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt would do separately in their personal suites?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)