|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten: The War Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor's relationship with Sara Roosevelt?
(a) She agreed with all her plans.
(b) She opposed her in almost everything.
(c) She adopted her as her own mother.
(d) She declared her independence from her.
2. What was a sign of being a 'fast woman'?
(a) Accepting jewelry without being engaged.
(b) Dancing with a man.
(c) Writing a letter to a man.
(d) Talking with a man.
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
(a) Placid confidence.
(c) Queenly decorum.
4. When did World War I end?
(a) June 1916.
(b) August 1917.
(c) May 1918.
(d) November 1918.
5. How did Franklin Roosevelt show his regard for Marion Dickerman and Nancy Cook?
(a) He donated money to their campaigns.
(b) He paid for them to travel to Europe for political training.
(c) He built a cottage for them at Hyde Park.
(d) He wrote editorials in support of their causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Freedman say the Roosevelts would invite to the White House?
2. What did Eleanor refuse to give up when Franklin Roosevelt was elected Governor of New York?
3. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
4. What was the Junior League's purpose?
5. How does Freedman say Eleanor tried to convey her observations to her husband?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)