|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: Friendship and Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Franklin Roosevelt come to national prominence after 1929?
(a) His strict discrimination policies.
(b) His personal contributions to the state's funds.
(c) His enormous losses in the stock market crash.
(d) His aggressive steps to create jobs.
2. What was Elliot Roosevelt's reputation, according to Freedman?
(a) A popular sportsman.
(b) A hard-driving businessman.
(c) A genial host and drinking companion.
(d) A keep social observer.
3. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
(a) Two years.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two months.
4. When did Eleanor start to see Franklin regularly?
(a) The winter of her coming out.
(b) Before she left England.
(c) Right after retuning to the U.S.
(d) When she turned twenty.
5. Where would Franklin Roosevelt go for his health?
(a) Warm Springs.
(b) The Maine Coast.
(c) Ballston Spa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about public speaking?
2. Who was Lucy Mercer?
3. What did Elliot Roosevelt die of?
4. When was Eleanor Roosevelt born?
5. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)