|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: Friendship and Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which child of Eleanor Roosevelt's died in infancy?
(a) James Roosevelt.
(c) Franklin Jr.
(d) Anna Roosevelt.
2. What did Eleanor Roosevelt NOT start to get invitations for after she joined the Women's Democratic News?
(a) Campaign for office.
(b) Speaking engagements.
(c) Political debates.
(d) Radio interviews.
3. What was Franklin Roosevelt's reaction to his paralysis?
(a) He accepted it with equanimity.
(b) He believed he would walk again.
(c) He investigated every scientific cure.
(d) He became depressed and angry.
4. In what way does Freedman say Franklin Roosevelt shocked his wife?
(a) By supporting women's rights.
(b) By opposing women's rights.
(c) By sponsoring women's rights.
(d) By undermining women's rights.
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt about politics?
(a) It was the thing that stopped progress from happening.
(b) It was a man's profession.
(c) It was the most American profession.
(d) It should clear the way for social change.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would Franklin invite Eleanor to visit on weekends?
2. Where would Franklin Roosevelt go for his health?
3. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
4. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
5. What did Anna Roosevelt die of?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)