|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: Friendship and Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Franklin Roosevelt show his regard for Marion Dickerman and Nancy Cook?
(a) He paid for them to travel to Europe for political training.
(b) He built a cottage for them at Hyde Park.
(c) He wrote editorials in support of their causes.
(d) He donated money to their campaigns.
2. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor's relationship with Sara Roosevelt?
(a) She adopted her as her own mother.
(b) She declared her independence from her.
(c) She opposed her in almost everything.
(d) She agreed with all her plans.
3. Why did Franklin propose to Eleanor, according to Freedman?
(a) He wanted her to bring out the best in him.
(b) He thought she would make a good mother.
(c) He was smitten with her.
(d) He wanted her to manage his affairs.
4. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
5. What advice did Louis Howe give Eleanor Roosevelt after Franklin Roosevelt's paralysis?
(a) To get her husband to retire.
(b) To get Franklin Roosevelt to write a book about his paralysis.
(c) To keep medical information from her husband.
(d) To keep Franklin Roosevelt's name before the public.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Earl Miller?
2. Where did Eleanor take a political leadership position?
3. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
4. What was Franklin responsible for when the U.S. entered World War I?
5. How does Freedman characterize the relationship between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)