|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: Friendship and Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
(a) Her uncle had become an alcoholic.
(b) Her uncle had died.
(c) The family's fortunes had declined.
(d) Her grandmother had died.
2. What was Franklin responsible for when the U.S. entered World War I?
(b) Raising money.
(c) Mobilizing warships.
(d) Overseeing war contractors.
3. Which improvement were women NOT trying to make when Eleanor Roosevelt was working with the Women's Democratic News?
(a) Giving women the vote.
(b) Ending child labor.
(c) Giving women the right to organize in labor unions
(d) Limiting hours of the work week.
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about public speaking?
(a) She did not like it because she was not good at it.
(b) She hated it because it made her so nervous.
(c) She learned to use crowds' emotions.
(d) She became apprehensive before speaking, but generally impressed people with her speaking.
5. Where would Franklin invite Eleanor to visit on weekends?
(a) Campobello Island.
(c) New Brunswick.
(d) Washington D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
3. Who were Eleanor Roosevelt's classmates at Allenswood?
4. What did Eleanor give up at Sara's insistence?
5. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)