|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: Friendship and Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Eleanor Roosevelt say Mlle. Souvestre affected her?
(a) She strengthened her resolve.
(b) She opened her mind.
(c) She schooled her in religion.
(d) She taught her to go without things.
2. What sadness attended Eleanor Roosevelt's return to the U.S.?
(a) Her uncle had died.
(b) Her uncle had become an alcoholic.
(c) Her grandmother had died.
(d) The family's fortunes had declined.
3. What was Franklin Roosevelt's response to Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her household?
(a) He told her that it wouldn't be long before things improved.
(b) He told her to just bear it.
(c) He told her to speak up.
(d) He told her to keep busy.
4. What did Marion Dickerman and Eleanor Roosevelt do together after Marion invited Eleanor to teach?
(a) Developed new techniques for teaching poor people.
(b) Bought the school.
(c) Opened a new school.
(d) Started teaching in the ghettoes.
5. What was Eleanor's position at the Women's Democratic News?
(a) Fundraising coordinator.
(d) Political correspondent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
2. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about public speaking?
4. How did Sara Roosevelt's feelings change by the time Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt were married?
5. What advice did Louis Howe give Eleanor Roosevelt after Franklin Roosevelt's paralysis?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)