|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: Friendship and Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
(b) The sad-eyed lady.
2. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
(a) Debt relief.
(b) Hunger relief.
(d) Women's working conditions.
3. What made Eleanor Roosevelt's uncle dangerous?
(a) His madness.
(b) His fits of rage.
(c) His gambling.
(d) His shotgun.
4. What was Franklin Roosevelt's response to Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her household?
(a) He told her that it wouldn't be long before things improved.
(b) He told her to keep busy.
(c) He told her to speak up.
(d) He told her to just bear it.
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's suspicion about the Democratic Party's interest in women's rights?
(a) They were using the women's issues to distract from other more politically awkward issues.
(b) They wanted to make token gestures, but ultimately prevent women from having rights.
(c) They did not really want give women a say.
(d) They were just trying to use the female vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sara Roosevelt's response to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's engagement?
2. What was the Junior League's purpose?
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was uncomfortable about in the townhouse where she lived with her husband and children?
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about her prospects as a wife?
5. Where was Franklin Roosevelt on his way to, when Eleanor Roosevelt ran into him?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)