|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: Friendship and Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt enjoyed happy times?
(b) The Catskills.
(c) Oak Terrace.
2. How did Eleanor Roosevelt change under Mlle. Souvestre's influence?
(a) She saw through the eyes of people who didn't have her comforts.
(b) She became more stubborn.
(c) She learned to hold her tongue.
(d) She lost her fears.
3. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's treatment at Allenswood?
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about her prospects as a wife?
(a) She was proud to finally become a wife and mother herself.
(b) She was filled with dread about having to perform a wife's duties.
(c) She secretly felt that any man would be lucky to have her for a bride.
(d) She was not beautiful, and did not have anything to offer.
5. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt about politics?
(a) It was the thing that stopped progress from happening.
(b) It was a man's profession.
(c) It was the most American profession.
(d) It should clear the way for social change.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt honeymoon?
2. What does Freedman say was the effect of this nickname?
3. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about public speaking?
4. What did Eleanor give up at Sara's insistence?
5. What does Freedman say was Eleanor Roosevelt's childhood nickname?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)