|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: Friendship and Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Marion Dickerman invite Eleanor to teach?
(a) The Friends School.
(b) The Todhunter school.
(c) The ghetto.
2. How long did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt keep their engagement a secret?
(a) Two months.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
3. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She did not know Greek.
(b) She was not a beauty.
(c) She had been educated abroad.
(d) She was not married yet.
4. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's social demeanor at age 18?
(a) Aggressive and political.
(b) Awkward and shy.
(c) Humble and religious.
(d) Pleasant and gracious.
5. How did Sara Roosevelt's feelings change by the time Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt were married?
(a) She was less and less interested in the wedding.
(b) She was terrified that Eleanor was taking Franklin away.
(c) She started to have doubts about Franklin as a husband.
(d) She came to adore Eleanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the relation between Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt?
2. What gesture of familiarity was forbidden to Franklin Roosevelt?
3. Who was Eleanor Roosevelt secretly engaged to at nineteen?
4. Where did Franklin Roosevelt work after he returned from his honeymoon?
5. What did Elliot Roosevelt's drinking lead to, according to Freedman?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)