|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: Friendship and Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Franklin Roosevelt's reaction to his paralysis?
(a) He accepted it with equanimity.
(b) He became depressed and angry.
(c) He investigated every scientific cure.
(d) He believed he would walk again.
2. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
(a) Rather ugly.
3. What was Franklin responsible for when the U.S. entered World War I?
(a) Raising money.
(c) Overseeing war contractors.
(d) Mobilizing warships.
4. How does Freedman describe Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's looks?
(a) She was plain.
(b) She was a beauty.
(c) She was indistinct.
(d) She was a horror.
5. When did Eleanor start to see Franklin regularly?
(a) When she turned twenty.
(b) The winter of her coming out.
(c) Before she left England.
(d) Right after retuning to the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt about public speaking?
2. How does Freedman characterize the difference between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's personalities?
3. What did Eleanor Roosevelt NOT start to get invitations for after she joined the Women's Democratic News?
4. What was the Consumer's League focused on?
5. What was Franklin Roosevelt's response to Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her household?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)