|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: Friendship and Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident does Freedman say escalated Elliot Roosevelt's alcoholism?
(a) A broken ankle.
(b) A financial crisis.
(c) A needy personality.
(d) A divorce.
2. What did Elliot Roosevelt's drinking lead to, according to Freedman?
(a) Temperance meetings.
(b) Love affairs.
3. Which improvement were women NOT trying to make when Eleanor Roosevelt was working with the Women's Democratic News?
(a) Limiting hours of the work week.
(b) Giving women the right to organize in labor unions
(c) Giving women the vote.
(d) Ending child labor.
4. Who was Lucy Mercer?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt's social secretary.
(b) Sarah Roosevelt's friend.
(c) Franklin Roosevelt's assistant.
(d) The governess for Eleanor Roosevelt's children.
5. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor's relationship with Sara Roosevelt?
(a) She declared her independence from her.
(b) She adopted her as her own mother.
(c) She agreed with all her plans.
(d) She opposed her in almost everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice did Louis Howe give Eleanor Roosevelt after Franklin Roosevelt's paralysis?
2. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
3. Where did Franklin Roosevelt attend law school?
4. What was Sara Roosevelt's response to Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt's engagement?
5. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about moving to Albany when Franklin Roosevelt won his first race?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)