|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: Friendship and Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She was not married yet.
(b) She did not know Greek.
(c) She was not a beauty.
(d) She had been educated abroad.
2. What does Freedman say Eleanor felt when Franklin proposed?
3. What holiday did Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt marry on?
(b) St. Valentine's Day.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt felt as a result of her mother's attention to looks?
(c) Placid confidence.
(d) Queenly decorum.
5. What was Franklin responsible for when the U.S. entered World War I?
(a) Raising money.
(c) Overseeing war contractors.
(d) Mobilizing warships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
2. How did Franklin Roosevelt come to national prominence after 1929?
3. How old was Eleanor Roosevelt when she returned to the U.S.?
4. Why did Franklin propose to Eleanor, according to Freedman?
5. How does Freedman characterize the bond between Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)