|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: Friendship and Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Franklin Roosevelt come to national prominence after 1929?
(a) His aggressive steps to create jobs.
(b) His enormous losses in the stock market crash.
(c) His personal contributions to the state's funds.
(d) His strict discrimination policies.
2. What did Eleanor refuse to give up when Franklin Roosevelt was elected Governor of New York?
(a) The Women's Democratic News.
(b) Political activities.
3. What did Eleanor Roosevelt dislike about the prospect of moving to Washington D.C.?
(a) Having to hold her tongue.
(b) Being scrutinized by everyone.
(c) Having to be outspoken.
(d) Being responsible for so many people.
4. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
(a) She did not know him.
5. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's status in Mlle. Souvestre's eyes?
(a) She was often chastised.
(b) She had the seat of honor at dinner.
(c) She was not distinguished.
(d) She was a constant troublemaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Eleanor Roosevelt react to her father's death, in Freedman's account?
2. How does Freedman characterize the time Eleanor Roosevelt spent at Allenswood?
3. What was the relation between Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt?
4. What words did Eleanor Roosevelt use to describe her looks?
5. Where did Franklin Roosevelt attend law school?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)