|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: Friendship and Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a sign of being a 'fast woman'?
(a) Writing a letter to a man.
(b) Dancing with a man.
(c) Accepting jewelry without being engaged.
(d) Talking with a man.
2. How does Freedman characterize Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about moving to Albany when Franklin Roosevelt won his first race?
(a) She was delighted to get away from Sara.
(b) She was sorry to have to become a political wife.
(c) She was glad to have more space for the children.
(d) She was sorry to leave New York.
3. When was Eleanor Roosevelt born?
4. What does Freedman say Eleanor Roosevelt was uncomfortable about in the townhouse where she lived with her husband and children?
(a) Being in charge of so many decisions.
(b) Her husband's mistresses.
(c) Being so far from home.
(d) Being surrounded by servants.
5. What made Eleanor Roosevelt feel out of place in the company of her mother, grandmother, and aunts?
(a) She was not married yet.
(b) She had been educated abroad.
(c) She was not a beauty.
(d) She did not know Greek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freedman say were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about her father?
2. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's relationship with Susie Parish?
3. How does Freedman characterize Franklin Roosevelt's attitude toward the children?
4. When were Eleanor Roosevelt's parents' married?
5. Where did Elliot Roosevelt go while his wife stayed in New York with the children?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)