|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eleanor's mother take Eleanor when she wakes her before dawn in Chapter 31?
(a) To a clothing store in the mall.
(b) To the summer dance.
(c) To church.
(d) Grocery shopping.
2. How old was Park when he kissed Tina?
3. Eleanor imagines herself as the hero of what novel in Chapter 51?
(a) The Sun Also Rises.
(b) Flowers in the Attic.
(c) The Boxcar Children.
(d) Animal Farm.
4. What is the name of Eleanor's aunt who greets her at the door in Chapter 55?
5. Where does Eleanor plan to go to her uncle's home in Chapter 50?
(a) Franklyn, New Jersey.
(b) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(c) St. Paul, Minnesota.
(d) New York, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Park insist on doing at the end of Chapter 50?
2. Who calls out to Eleanor when she has fled her house in Chapter 48?
3. On what day of the week does Eleanor agree to stay for dinner the first time at Park's house?
4. What book does Eleanor say she almost got Park but that it's "about rabbits, and not everybody wants to read about rabbits" on Christmas?
5. What game do Eleanor and Maisie try to teach Mouse in Chapter 44?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Eleanor resolved to do about her situation in Chapter 50?
2. Why is Park wrong in believing he and Eleanor can have no secrets from one another?
3. Who is responsible for dumping Eleanor's clothes in the toilet of the gym locker room?
4. What is significant about Eleanor saying her siblings would rat on her in Chapter 33?
5. What underlies Eleanor's jealousy over Tina in the narrative?
6. How are the lives of the main characters described in Chapter 56?
7. How does the teacher react that helps Eleanor find her clothes in Chapter 40?
8. What do Eleanor and Park discuss when they are on their date in Chapter 45?
9. How does the author allude to Cinderella in Chapter 45? What is the significance of this literary allusion?
10. How does Park describe Eleanor's appearance in Chapter 28? How does Eleanor respond?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)