|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tonya?
(a) Richie's dog.
(b) Eleanor's younger sister.
(c) Eleanor's aunt.
(d) Eleanor's best friend at school.
2. Why is Eleaonor nervous in the end of Chapter 27?
(a) She is nervous about going to Park's home.
(b) She is nervous about talking to Richie.
(c) She is nervous about getting married.
(d) She is nervous about the big basketball game.
3. What is Richie's last name?
4. Who greets Eleanor with a hug when she arrives home from school the first time?
(a) Her baby brother.
5. Why do some of Eleanor's classmates laugh when she starts reading a poem in class that begins with the line, "I had been hungry all the years"?
(a) Because Eleanor looks hungry.
(b) Because Eleanor is chubby.
(c) Because Eleanor is slender.
(d) Because Eleanor always carries a large lunch bag.
6. How old was Park's father when he married Park's mother?
7. What animal does Eleanor compare Richie to in Chapter 10?
(a) A lion.
(b) A rat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A turtle.
8. What is Eleanor's mother's last name?
9. To whom does Eleanor attempt writing a letter to in Spanish class in Chapter 27?
10. Aside from being insulting to her, how does Eleanor view the sanitary pads that Tina and the other girls in gym class had used to cover her locker?
(a) As over-sized.
(b) As a total waste of a worthwhile product.
(c) As old-fashioned.
(d) As the cheapest type on the market.
11. Who is Mr. Stessman?
(a) Eleanor's former next-door neighbor.
(b) Eleanor's English teacher.
(c) Eleanor's mother's landlord.
(d) Eleanor's history teacher.
12. Who are the Hickmans?
(a) Friends of Eleanor's mother with whom Eleanor had stayed.
(b) The wealthy owners of the new department store in town.
(c) Friends of Eleanor's mother who stopped by on their way to Denver, Colorado.
(d) Eleanor's new next door neighbors.
13. Why did Steve break a guy's nose back in middle school?
(a) Because the guy had made an insulting remark about Steve's father.
(b) Because the guy had made an insulting remark about him (Steve) and Tina.
(c) Because the guy would not give Tina his seat on the bus.
(d) Because the guy had tried to steal his wallet.
14. Why does it make sense for Richie to drive Eleanor to school every day?
(a) Because it would keep Eleanor's mother from having to pay Eleanor's bus fare every week.
(b) Because Eleanor's school is located on Richie's way to work.
(c) Because it would keep Eleanor from having to wait for the school bus outside on rainy and snowy days.
(d) Because it would give Eleanor the opportunity to sleep an extra 30 minutes every day.
15. Where has Steve gotten a new job in Chapter 16?
(a) A burger joint.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A shoe store.
(d) A deli.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Park's father?
2. Based on Eleanor's observations, how well does Park take care of the comic books that he lets her borrow?
3. How many mixed tapes has Eleanor received from Park in the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. Whose opinion is Park most concerned about in relation to how he treats Eleanor on the bus?
5. Which of Eleanor's siblings talks in his sleep at night?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)