|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In general, what does Eleanor think about honors students?
(a) That they tend to never get in trouble.
(b) That they tend to be nicer.
(c) That they tend to be just as mean as students in regular, non-honors classes.
(d) That they tend to read more than students in regular, non-honors classes.
2. What is Steve's last name?
3. Which of these Robert Frost poems will Eleanor's English teacher not allow the students to memorize?
(a) "The Wood-Pile".
(b) "The Road Not Taken".
(c) "My November Guest".
(d) "The Grind-Stone".
4. What television show is Park's brother watching when his mom sends him to his room in Chapter 19?
(a) The A-Team.
(c) Happy Days.
(d) Mork and Mindy.
5. What Beatles' albums does Eleanor look for at her father's house in Chapter 19?
(a) A Hard Day's Night and Something New.
(b) Please Please Me and the White Album.
(c) Rubber Soul and Revolver.
(d) Twist and Shout and Revolver.
6. What type of poem does Park choose to memorize for his English class?
(a) One that repeats one letter of the alphabet frequently.
(b) A short one with only six lines.
(c) A long one with 22 lines.
(d) One that rhymes.
7. How much money does Eleanor's father offer to pay her for babysitting in Chapter 17?
8. What color does Park wear practically from head to toe, according to the narrator in Chapter 16?
9. What day of the week does Eleanor consider the best in Chapter 17?
10. The line "To be or not to be" is from which of the following Shakespearean plays?
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) The Merry Wives of Windsor.
11. What day of the week is it in the beginning of Chapter 16?
12. Who at the school calls Eleanor into her office in Chapter 17?
(a) Mr. Anderson.
(b) Ms. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Dunne.
(d) Mr. Sarpy.
13. Under what circumstances does Park say his parents met in Chapter 19?
(a) They met during a business conference in Geneva.
(b) They met during the Korean War.
(c) They met during the Vietnam War.
(d) They met at a synogogue.
14. Why did Steve break a guy's nose back in middle school?
(a) Because the guy had tried to steal his wallet.
(b) Because the guy had made an insulting remark about him (Steve) and Tina.
(c) Because the guy had made an insulting remark about Steve's father.
(d) Because the guy would not give Tina his seat on the bus.
15. What type of poem does Eleanor's English teacher suggest that she and her classmates select to memorize?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eleaonor nervous in the end of Chapter 27?
2. What kind of top is Eleanor wearing in Chapter 27?
3. At what time does Eleanor go to put the child to sleep when she is babysitting in Chapter 19?
4. Who is Tonya?
5. How does Eleanor believe that Shakespeare treated the subject of young love in Romeo and Juliet?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)