• In Chapter 1, Park is on the school bus as usual; it's chaotic, with a teenager named Steve leading most of the conversation along with his girlfriend, Tina.
• Steve points out Park's appearance and says Park's mother is Chinese, meaning he should know about something Steve calls “Drunken Monkey karate.”
• Tina corrects Steve, saying Park's mother is Korean.
• The conversation is interrupted by the arrival of a new girl on the bus with bright red and wild hair.
• The girl’s clothes are not those of a traditional teenage girl, and no one will allow her to sit with them.
• Park sees that the girl is about to cry and scoots over, giving her part of his seat.
• In Chapter 2, Eleanor thinks about the possibilities of avoiding the bus ride home.
• Eleanor doesn't know how to get home on foot, her mother doesn't have a phone or...
This section contains 3,546 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)