|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eleanor describe her mother’s tone?
2. What does Eleanor observe during lunch that both bothers and brings her joy?
(a) A baby crying.
(b) A young couple on a date.
(c) A mother scolding her child.
(d) A child screaming.
3. Who does Eleanor say is the man who will change her life?
(a) The musician.
(c) Her father.
4. What movie does Eleanor’s mother say the residents elected to watch for movie night?
(a) Pretty Woman.
(c) Shawshank Redemption.
(d) Sex and the City 2.
5. What word does Eleanor question during her last conversation with her mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor experience during therapy, after admitting out loud that she is not like her mother?
2. What did Raymond think Eleanor was the first time he met her?
3. How long had Eleanor been out on her medical leave?
4. What does Eleanor name her cat?
5. Why does Eleanor sing the hymns so loudly at the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maria say to Eleanor when she is struggling to process her memories and feeling frustrated?
2. When Eleanor is under the table and intoxicated, she says that she has only two choices. What are those two choices?
3. Why does Maria tell Eleanor that anger is good?
4. What does Eleanor discover about her mother and why is this news important?
5. Where does Eleanor go during the reception for Sammy's funeral and why does she go there?
6. What does Eleanor call her mother when speaking to Raymond at the end of the novel, and why does she use this term?
7. What does Eleanor say she is ready to do the day of the big concert?
8. How does Eleanor respond when she unexpectedly runs into Laura?
9. Why does Eleanor feel so much pressure to find a suitable boyfriend, according to the phone conversation with her mother?
10. What does Eleanor say about social interaction, while she is shopping in the department store?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)