|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor realize about the musician during the show?
(a) That he does not even see her.
(b) That he is ugly.
(c) That he is her soulmate.
(d) That he has a horrible voice.
2. What bothers Eleanor about the music concert that she and Raymond attend?
(a) The people.
(b) The smells.
(c) The noise.
(d) The harsh language.
3. Who disappears the end of the novel?
(a) Eleanor's mother (Mummy).
4. On what day of the week does Sammy’s funeral take place?
5. What does Eleanor experience during therapy, after admitting out loud that she is not like her mother?
(a) A broken heart.
(b) A headache.
(c) An existential ache.
(d) A runny nose.
6. Who does Mikey tell Eleanor has cancer?
(a) His boss Sammy.
(b) His daughter Lois.
(c) His girlfriend Hazel.
(d) His father John.
7. What does Eleanor do when in doubt, according to her new social rules?
(d) Ask questions.
8. What type of shoes does Eleanor buy at the department store?
(a) Kitten heels.
(b) High heels.
(c) Ballet flats.
(d) Knee-high boots.
9. Where does the family gather after Sammy’s funeral?
(a) The central park.
(b) The church reception area.
(c) Laura's house.
(d) The Hawthorne House Hotel.
10. What does Maria tell Eleanor she must do, after hearing the truth about the fire?
(a) Forgive her mother.
(b) Forgive Marianne.
(c) Seek more therapy.
(d) Forgive herself.
11. What is the name of the kind grocery cashier with whom Eleanor often interacts?
(a) Mr. Dewan.
(b) Mr. Sammy.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mr. John.
12. What does Eleanor tell Raymond and his mother that she used to long for?
(a) Good food.
(c) A vacation.
13. What question does Raymond work up the nerve to ask Eleanor after the funeral?
(a) Why she was still single.
(b) If she would marry him.
(c) What happened to her face.
(d) Why she did not get along with her mother.
14. Where in the hotel does Eleanor go when she feels uncomfortable after the funeral?
(a) The hotel bathroom.
(b) The hotel front desk.
(c) The hotel garden.
(d) The hotel bar.
15. What type of professional does Raymond encourage Eleanor to see?
(a) A surgeon.
(b) A therapist.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A chiropractor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor say to Raymond at the coffee shop?
2. What does Keith bring Eleanor, as a memento from Sammy?
3. What does Eleanor feel like after Raymond hugs her?
4. What exercise does Maria have Eleanor try at the end of her first therapy session?
5. Why does Eleanor mother’s say she is calling?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)