|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor admire about the bartender?
(a) His tattoo.
(b) His blue eyes.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His long hair.
2. What kind of shoes is Eleanor wearing when she meets Raymond’s mother?
(a) Black Velcro shoes.
(b) Black high heels.
(c) Black sandals.
(d) Black tennis shoes.
3. At the birthday party, what does the young woman in the bathroom call Eleanor?
4. What does Raymond say about Laura when Eleanor asks if Laura is his girlfriend?
(a) That she is the most beautiful woman he has ever seen.
(b) That she has a lovely home.
(c) That she is not his type.
(d) That she is stuck up.
5. What kind of tea does Eleanor make properly while she is at work?
(a) Rooibos tea.
(b) Earl Grey tea.
(c) Ginger tea.
(d) Darjeeling tea.
6. According to the poster, what time does the musician’s gig start?
(a) 10 p.m.
(b) 9:30 p.m.
(c) 8 p.m.
(d) 9 p.m.
7. Who does Eleanor call to help her fix her computer problems?
(a) Janey from IT.
(b) Billy her co-worker.
(c) Sam her boss.
(d) Raymond from IT.
8. What is the name of Raymond’s sister?
9. What part of the newspaper does Eleanor enjoy while she is eating lunch?
(a) The cryptic crossword.
(b) The wanted ads.
(c) The opinion section.
(d) The film section.
10. Where does Eleanor go with Raymond that she had not been in several years?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A library.
(c) A public house.
(d) A restaurant.
11. What two items does Eleanor purchase for her new outfit for the concert?
(a) A mini skirt and a tank top.
(b) Skinny jeans and a tank top.
(c) Leggings and a leather jacket.
(d) Skinny jeans and a silk blouse.
12. What was Eleanor not allowed to have in her house growing up?
(a) A pair of fancy shoes.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A curling iron.
(d) A television.
13. What time is Eleanor supposed to meet Raymond to go and visit Sammy in the hospital?
14. What position at work does Eleanor get offered?
(a) Director of finance.
(b) IT assistant.
(c) Office manager.
(d) HR representative.
15. To what song does Eleanor join in dancing at the birthday party?
(b) Don’t Stop Believing.
(d) Tiny Dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Eleanor, what would “hell” entail?
2. In what department does Eleanor work?
3. What is the name of Eleanor’s previous boyfriend?
4. How old is Eleanor Oliphant?
5. What does Laura offer to give Eleanor?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)