|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor overhear her coworkers calling her at the beginning of the novel?
2. What does Eleanor do when Sammy is unconscious?
(a) Hugs him
(b) Talks with him.
(c) Ignores him.
(d) Cries for him.
3. What does Eleanor normally drink on a Sunday night?
(b) Red wine.
4. What does Eleanor wonder if she will every become?
(a) A mother.
(b) A famous actress.
(c) A musician’s muse.
(d) A wife.
5. What does Eleanor think about Raymond’s family and his mother’s home?
(a) That everything feels fun and lighthearted.
(b) That everything feels fake and expensive.
(c) That everything feels safe and normal.
(d) That everything feels messy and cheap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eleanor not allowed to have in her house growing up?
2. According to Eleanor, what would “hell” entail?
3. What part of the newspaper does Eleanor enjoy while she is eating lunch?
4. Who does Eleanor call to help her fix her computer problems?
5. In what department does Eleanor work?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)