Chapters 1 - 5
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Honeyman, Gail. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine. Viking, 2017.
• The novel begins by Eleanor Oliphant, a quirky 30-year-old single woman, introducing herself. Eleanor begins by sharing that she works in accounts receivable and has worked in this office since she was 21.
• Eleanor briefly describes her work environment and then describes her routine saying, “From Monday to Friday, I come in at 8:30. I take an hour for lunch… I always finish with a trip to Marks & Spencer on a Friday, which rounds out my week nicely” (4).
• Next, Eleanor reflects on her doctor’s appointment yesterday, revealing that she complained of a sore back pain caused by her large breasts, and asked for more prescription medication.
• The narrative returns to the present, with Eleanor hearing some of her colleagues speak ill about her, saying “She’s...
This section contains 5,079 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)