Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Helgi when he kills Hunding?
2. What is the first speaker's name?
3. Who is supposedly going to kill Sigurd?
4. Who kills Helgi?
5. What item does Thrym steal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the death of Hunding at Helgi's hand and the consequences.
2. How do Sigurd and Regin meet?
3. Detail the events surrounding Sinfiotli's death.
4. How does Loki behave once insulted at Hymir's Hall?
5. How does Gudrun proclaim her innocence?
6. According to the Seeress, who will avenge Baldr?
7. What things are promised to Frodi from the grinding of the magic grindstone?
8. What fates befall Gunnar and Hogni?
9. How does the relationship form between Lord and Rig?
10. What confession does Hedin make to Helgi? How does Helgi react?
Essay Topic 1
Loki is one of the most famous characters in Norse mythology as well as being extremely powerful. However, stories are often conflicted about Loki's true nature. Write your opinion regarding Loki's character. Was Loki a trickster or a devil? Was Loki mischievous or evil? Give examples of some of Loki's acts.
Essay Topic 2
Many battles ensued due to the killing of one's family members. This is especially true in the case of Gudrun. Examine the life of Gudrun, her losses and vengeance regarding the murder of various family members.
Essay Topic 3
There were many important groups of people referred to in the Eddas. They include the gods, Norns, Niflungs, and so forth. Which was most important group? List the groups of people mentioned in the Eddas, put them into order of importance, and list the reasons why each group is important and/or powerful.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)