Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Helgi when he kills Hunding?
2. What is the first speaker's name?
3. Who is supposedly going to kill Sigurd?
4. Who kills Helgi?
5. What item does Thrym steal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the death of Hunding at Helgi's hand and the consequences.
2. How do Sigurd and Regin meet?
3. Detail the events surrounding Sinfiotli's death.
4. How does Loki behave once insulted at Hymir's Hall?
5. How does Gudrun proclaim her innocence?
6. According to the Seeress, who will avenge Baldr?
7. What things are promised to Frodi from the grinding of the magic grindstone?
8. What fates befall Gunnar and Hogni?
9. How does the relationship form between Lord and Rig?
10. What confession does Hedin make to Helgi? How does Helgi react?
As the father of all gods, Odin had powers that were not available to lesser gods. What powers did Odin have? What powers did Frigg have as Odin's wife? Did Odin's children have stronger powers than non-related gods? Explain.
Many battles meant that there were many great rulers. The throne often changed hands, father to son, from the conquered to the victor. Choose at least five rulers mentioned in the Eddas. Compare and contrast their power, prowess, and integrity.
The Eddas can become quite confusing due to multiple spellings or variations of the same name. For example, Odin might be known as Odhinn, Woden, Valfathir, Father, Wise One, High One, etc. Give examples of other people/groups that may use alternate spellings or titles. Why is it a common occurrence? In what other cultures does this occur? Give examples from other cultures, as well.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)