|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Fafnir found?
(a) Andvara Falls.
(c) Norns' Hall.
(d) Regin's stable.
2. What is the Norse name for the end of the world?
3. Who is supposedly going to kill Sigurd?
(a) Gudrun's brothers.
(c) Hunding's sons.
4. Where will the gods gather to battle?
5. What is the name of Hunding's kingdom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What should always be kept close while traveling?
2. What symbol is recommended for protection?
3. How many heads does the old woman have?
4. Which animals travel with Thor's party?
5. What mark is branded onto the woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Sigrdrifa give to Sigurd on being victorious in battle?
2. What fates befall Gunnar and Hogni?
3. What are Hogni's thoughts about the ring sent by Gudrun?
4. What are Gunnar's thoughts regarding the possible loss of Brynhild?
5. Who is Gripir? What is Gripir's role in the Edda?
6. How does Iormunrekk react to the news of the arrival of Sorli and Hamdir?
7. What warning does Fafnir give to Sigurd regarding the treasure? How does Sigurd react to the warning?
8. Where did Oddrun encounter Gunnar? What was he doing at the time?
9. How should a wise Norseman speak?
10. How does Thor deceive the ogre?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)