|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Gunnar so angry with Sigurd.
(a) Sigurd broke a promise.
(b) Gunnar was jealous over Sigurd's horse.
(c) Sigurd took all the glory from a bloody battle.
(d) Sigurd stole away Gunnar's wife.
2. Which of the Lappish king's sons is captured?
3. Thor asks the other person to tell him about the otherworldly names of which of the following?
4. Odin shows an unquenchable thirst for which of the following?
5. Which character turns into a bird?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will supposedly be turned into stone at the harbor?
2. Who does not share in the feast?
3. What is Helgi Hiorvard's title?
4. Where do the chieftains gather after the murder of Hunding?
5. Which animals travel with Thor's party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Gripir? What is Gripir's role in the Edda?
2. According to Sigrdrifa how can Sigurd avoid being charmed by another man's wife?
3. Detail the events surrounding Sinfiotli's death.
4. What incident occurs as Helgi rests after killing Hunding?
5. What is the Edda's view on friendship?
6. What is Gudrun's message to Sigurd?
7. According to the Seeress, who will avenge Baldr?
8. What is the conversation between Brynhild and the giantess?
9. How does the conflict begin in The Death of Sinfiotli?
10. According to the Edda, what were Gudrun's feelings about Sigurd?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)