|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the ferryman argue?
2. What will cause the deaths of Regin and Fafnir?
(a) An accident in battle.
(b) Sibling rivalry.
(c) A jealous woman.
3. The Edda states that friends should be _____.
(b) Mutual givers.
4. In which country did the story begin?
5. What item does Thor set out to find?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Helgi when it was decided he would go into battle?
2. What item does Sigrdrifa give to Sigurd?
3. Who is the first to see Helgi in spirit after he dies?
4. What is the Norse name for the end of the world?
5. Who will supposedly be turned into stone at the harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of Rig's teachings to Kin?
2. Why does Thrym steal and hide Thor's hammer? Does Thrym's plan work?
3. How does Iormunrekk react to the news of the arrival of Sorli and Hamdir?
4. What is Gudrun's message to Sigurd?
5. What do the men do before going up against Sigurd?
6. Why is Fafnir surprised at Sigurd's appearance?
7. What does Sigrun's maid think when she sees Helgi riding into his grave?
8. According to the Edda, what were Gudrun's feelings about Sigurd?
9. What is the Edda's view on friendship?
10. What challenge does Hymir issue to Thor to prove his superior strength?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)