|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will cause the deaths of Regin and Fafnir?
(a) Sibling rivalry.
(b) An accident in battle.
(d) A jealous woman.
2. Gripir is referred to as what type of person?
3. It is predicted that the strength of which person/group will fade away?
4. A man should never be ashamed of which of the following?
5. What kind of spell had been cast on Sigrdrifa?
(b) Incurable illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is supposedly going to kill Sigurd?
2. What symbol is recommended for protection?
3. Who is the first to see Helgi in spirit after he dies?
4. How old was Helgi when it was decided he would go into battle?
5. Gripir assures Sigurd that he will always be thought of as a:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the accusation against Gudrun occur?
2. What is Herborg's tale of woe?
3. Name at least one reason Thor objects to the marriage of his daughter to the ogre.
4. What happened to Gudrun after she gathered Sigurd's body?
5. What does Sigrun's maid think when she sees Helgi riding into his grave?
6. What advice does Sigrdrifa give to Sigurd on being victorious in battle?
7. Why is it that Guthorm will not be blames for breaking the blood oath?
8. What are Gunnar's thoughts regarding the possible loss of Brynhild?
9. How does the conflict begin in The Death of Sinfiotli?
10. Why did Harbard refuse to give Thor passage on the ferry?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)