|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thrym want to marry?
(d) A Valkyrie.
2. How many sons did the king have?
3. Who lost a hand to Fenrir?
4. What is the name of the ferryman?
5. Who kills Ottar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Swedish king's only daughter?
2. In which country did the story begin?
3. Which of Odin's creatures is eager to feast at the battle?
4. To what does the first piece of wisdom refer?
5. What is the name of the woman that enchants Freyr?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Herborg's tale of woe?
2. How and where is Andvari caught by Loki?
3. What challenge does Hymir issue to Thor to prove his superior strength?
4. According to the Seeress, who will avenge Baldr?
5. Name some of the girls' great feats before they came to live in Frodi's hall.
6. What topic does Freyia want to discuss? Why?
7. Name at least one reason Thor objects to the marriage of his daughter to the ogre.
8. According to Sigrdrifa how can Sigurd avoid being charmed by another man's wife?
9. Which character turns into a eagle? Why does it happen? What is the bird's purpose?
10. Who were the three Valkyries found spinning near Wolf Lake?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)