|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the first speaker at the end of the poem?
(a) Loki captures the first speaker.
(b) The first speaker flies away.
(c) Thor kills the man with his hammer.
(d) He turns to stone.
2. Where do the chieftains gather after the murder of Hunding?
3. It is predicted that the strength of which person/group will fade away?
4. What is the name of the tree of life?
5. Foolish men often do which of the following?
(a) Sleep late.
(b) Speak when they know nothing.
(c) Travel alone.
(d) Drink until drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not an item away taken by Sigurd?
2. The Edda states that friends should be _____.
3. Where did the sacred waters begin?
4. How many sons did the king have?
5. What should always be kept close while traveling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thrym steal and hide Thor's hammer? Does Thrym's plan work?
2. What confession does Hedin make to Helgi? How does Helgi react?
3. What are Gunnar's thoughts regarding the possible loss of Brynhild?
4. What is the Edda's view on friendship?
5. How does the relationship form between Lord and Rig?
6. What fates befall Gunnar and Hogni?
7. What was Brynhild's punishment?
8. What is the result of Rig's teachings to Kin?
9. How do Sigurd and Regin meet?
10. How does the conflict begin in The Death of Sinfiotli?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)