|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the king's second wife?
2. Who does Atli blame for barring ships from entering the fjord?
3. What happens to the first speaker at the end of the poem?
(a) He turns to stone.
(b) Loki captures the first speaker.
(c) The first speaker flies away.
(d) Thor kills the man with his hammer.
4. What item does Sigrdrifa give to Sigurd?
5. The Edda features two birds conversing about Helgi. What kind of birds are they?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Norse name for the end of the world?
2. How old was Helgi when it was decided he would go into battle?
3. Who is supposedly going to kill Sigurd?
4. Who greets Sigurd at Gripir's hall?
5. What was the name of the king?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Loki behave once insulted at Hymir's Hall?
2. Who were some of the casualties in battle? How did the deaths affect Sigrun?
3. Name some of the girls' great feats before they came to live in Frodi's hall.
4. What confession does Hedin make to Helgi? How does Helgi react?
5. How does the conflict begin in The Death of Sinfiotli?
6. What are Hogni's thoughts about the ring sent by Gudrun?
7. How does Odin test Geirrod?
8. Who is Gripir? What is Gripir's role in the Edda?
9. Name at least one reason Thor objects to the marriage of his daughter to the ogre.
10. What is the conversation between Brynhild and the giantess?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)