|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will supposedly be turned into stone at the harbor?
2. Sigurd and Regin meet after Sigurd purchases which item?
3. What is the name of the Valkyrie who appears before Helgi?
4. What happens to the first speaker at the end of the poem?
(a) He turns to stone.
(b) Thor kills the man with his hammer.
(c) The first speaker flies away.
(d) Loki captures the first speaker.
5. Who must Sigurd invoke to ensure victory in battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items was not introduced by Thor?
2. How many pieces of wisdom does Sigrdrifa impart?
3. With whom does the ferryman argue?
4. Which animals travel with Thor's party?
5. How many sons did the king have?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Sigrdrifa how can Sigurd avoid being charmed by another man's wife?
2. Detail the events surrounding Sinfiotli's death.
3. Why does Thrym steal and hide Thor's hammer? Does Thrym's plan work?
4. Who were the three Valkyries found spinning near Wolf Lake?
5. What is the conversation between Brynhild and the giantess?
6. What was seen in Glaumvor's dream?
7. How does the relationship form between Lord and Rig?
8. What does Gripir predict in regard to the prince's daughter?
9. Why is it that Guthorm will not be blames for breaking the blood oath?
10. What happened to Gudrun after she gathered Sigurd's body?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)