|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gudrun redeem herself?
(a) By drinking a truth telling potion.
(b) By placing her hands in boiling water.
(c) Gudrun does not redeem herself.
(d) By promising to bear three sons.
2. What is the name of Gudrun's daughter?
3. Who urges the men to stop fighting?
4. What will Brynhild do if her husband does not kill Sigurd?
(a) Drink poison.
(b) Slay him.
(c) Return to her kin.
5. How many brothers has Giaflaug lost?
6. Who else is involved in the accusation?
7. Where does Hyndla sleep?
8. What is the name of Hogni's wife?
9. What item could prove Gudrun's innocence?
(a) Testimony from a lady in waiting.
(b) Song of the raven.
(c) Tea leaves.
10. What is the name of the messenger sent to Gunnar's hall?
11. Who is the ancestor to all Seeresses?
12. What is Rig's real name?
13. Who does Odin seek?
14. How many funeral pyres are made?
15. What magic item is to be operated by the slave girls?
(d) Spinning wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which king has lost most of his men?
2. The author states that this Edda still brings sorrow upon which people?
3. Who is anxious over a potential battle?
4. Where does Odin agree to go?
5. How old was Brynhild when she made the promise?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)