|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had been taking care of the girl?
2. Where is Herkia sent?
3. How many men did Atli lose in the battle?
4. Who did Brynhild accidentally kill?
5. What happens to the giantess at the end of the poem?
(a) She dies.
(b) She sleeps.
(c) She allows Brynhild to pass.
(d) She sinks.
6. What is wrong with the girl?
(a) Her leg is broken.
(b) She has been poisoned.
(c) Her mother just died.
(d) She's in labor.
7. What item is the maid asked to bring?
8. What was the name of the wrinkled baby?
9. Of what crime is Gudrun accused?
(b) Being a witch.
(c) Slaying her own child.
(d) Being unfaithful.
10. Of which gift is Hogni suspicious?
11. Freyia is interested in discussing which topic?
12. Where is Gunnar thrown?
(a) Snake pit.
13. Which king has lost most of his men?
14. Who is the girl's father?
(a) King Loki.
(b) King Atli.
(c) King Thiodrek.
(d) King Heidrik.
15. What will Brynhild do if her husband does not kill Sigurd?
(a) Return to her kin.
(c) Drink poison.
(d) Slay him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many winters has the girl been kept from her father?
2. What does Odin give as his name?
3. What item could prove Gudrun's innocence?
4. Who is the first couple Rig encounters?
5. Where does Odin agree to go?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)