|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gudrun's mother's name?
2. How many men did Atli lose in the battle?
3. On whom does Hyndla cast favor?
4. How many days does the battle last with Atli?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 1 day.
5. What happens to the giantess at the end of the poem?
(a) She sinks.
(b) She sleeps.
(c) She dies.
(d) She allows Brynhild to pass.
6. Sigurd's death leaves Gudrun feeling smaller than which object?
7. Who tells Atli of Gudrun's supposed indiscretion?
8. Where is Herkia sent?
9. Gunnar claims to know the secret of the hoard belonging to which group?
10. How many brothers has Giaflaug lost?
11. Of which gift is Hogni suspicious?
12. How many winters has the girl been kept from her father?
13. What item could prove Gudrun's innocence?
(a) Tea leaves.
(b) Song of the raven.
(c) Testimony from a lady in waiting.
14. What is the name of the forest promised to Gunnar and Hogni?
15. What is the name of Gudrun's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the girl?
2. To whom was the promise made?
3. What item is the maid asked to bring to Gudrun?
4. Which king has lost most of his men?
5. Who is the girl's father?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)