|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men did Atli lose in the battle?
2. Hamdir predicts that he will die in the land of which people?
3. What gift does Gudrun give to each son?
(b) Mail coat.
(c) Healing ale.
4. How did the queen's parents die?
(a) Captured and tortured by the Niflungs.
(c) Burned to death.
5. How many winters has the girl been kept from her father?
6. Who else is involved in the accusation?
7. Gudrun is, at first, unable to do which of the following after Sigurd dies?
8. What will Brynhild do if her husband does not kill Sigurd?
(a) Return to her kin.
(b) Slay him.
(c) Drink poison.
9. Freyia is interested in discussing which topic?
10. Where is Gunnar thrown?
(b) Snake pit.
11. Gunnar claims to know the secret of the hoard belonging to which group?
12. Who will avenge Baldr?
13. What happens to the giantess at the end of the poem?
(a) She sleeps.
(b) She sinks.
(c) She dies.
(d) She allows Brynhild to pass.
14. What is the name of the messenger sent to Gunnar's hall?
15. What is Gudrun's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Atli's payment for his misdeeds?
2. Where does Hyndla sleep?
3. Where does Odin agree to go?
4. What surrounds the gift?
5. What is the name of Hogni's wife?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)