|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whom does Hyndla cast favor?
2. In which direction does the sign of impending war appear?
3. What is the name of the maid summoned by Gudrun?
4. Of what crime is Gudrun accused?
(a) Being a witch.
(c) Slaying her own child.
(d) Being unfaithful.
5. Which is not one of Gudrun's sons?
6. Who had been taking care of the girl?
7. What was the name of the wrinkled baby?
8. Which is not amongst the slave girls' relatives?
9. How many brothers has Giaflaug lost?
10. How many marriages has Gudrun had?
11. What is Gudrun's mother's name?
12. What will Brynhild do if her husband does not kill Sigurd?
(a) Drink poison.
(c) Return to her kin.
(d) Slay him.
13. What item could prove Gudrun's innocence?
(a) Testimony from a lady in waiting.
(c) Tea leaves.
(d) Song of the raven.
14. What item is the maid asked to bring?
15. How did the queen's parents die?
(a) Burned to death.
(c) Captured and tortured by the Niflungs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gudrun add to Atli's ale?
2. Who is anxious over a potential battle?
3. Odin tells the woman that she is the mother to three what?
4. Where does Odin agree to go?
5. Who is the ancestor to all Seeresses?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)