|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the forest promised to Gunnar and Hogni?
2. What is the name of Gudrun's daughter?
3. Where is Gunnar thrown?
(d) Snake pit.
4. Which king has lost most of his men?
5. Who develops a plan to kill Sigurd?
6. To what do Gudrun's sons compare Svanhild's death?
(a) A violent rain storm.
(b) The force of Thor's hammer.
(c) Death of Sigurd.
(d) A dragon's roar.
7. What does Gudrun add to Atli's ale?
(a) Snake venom.
8. Who does not go on the journey with Gunnar and Hogni?
(d) Snaevar .
9. Where is Herkia sent?
10. Hamdir predicts that he will die in the land of which people?
11. What item could prove Gudrun's innocence?
(a) Testimony from a lady in waiting.
(b) Tea leaves.
(d) Song of the raven.
12. Who does Odin seek?
13. What type of potion is given to Gudrun?
14. For how many years did the slave girls live underground?
15. Who is queen of the Huns?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Hogni about betraying Sigurd?
2. Whose sons have caused harm to Brynhild?
3. The author states that this Edda still brings sorrow upon which people?
4. What surrounds the gift?
5. Who is the first couple Rig encounters?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)