|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which country did the story begin?
2. Where does the greedy serpent live?
(a) Wolf Lake.
3. What is the name of the Valkyrie who appears before Helgi?
4. With whom does the ferryman argue?
5. Who must Sigurd invoke to ensure victory in battle?
6. Odin shows an unquenchable thirst for which of the following?
7. What item does Sigrdrifa give to Sigurd?
8. How is Regin described?
(a) Old and tired.
(b) Clever and mischievous.
(c) Wise and ferocious.
(d) Swarthy and unencumbered.
9. What was the name of the king?
10. Which is not an item away taken by Sigurd?
(a) The helmet of terror.
(b) A gold mail-shirt.
(c) Fafnir's heart.
(d) The sword named Hrotti.
11. Where do the chieftains gather after the murder of Hunding?
12. Which of the following is not mentioned in this Edda?
13. Who greets Sigurd at Gripir's hall?
14. What is the name of the boy that took pity on the wizard?
15. Which of the following items was not introduced by Thor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Lappish king's sons go to hunt?
2. What is the name of the woman that enchants Freyr?
3. Who is the first to see Helgi in spirit after he dies?
4. What should always be kept close while traveling?
5. How many heads does the old woman have?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)