|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Odin's creatures is eager to feast at the battle?
2. Odin shows an unquenchable thirst for which of the following?
3. Who lost a hand to Fenrir?
4. How is Regin described?
(a) Clever and mischievous.
(b) Wise and ferocious.
(c) Old and tired.
(d) Swarthy and unencumbered.
5. The Edda states that friends should be _____.
(d) Mutual givers.
6. What is the name of the Swedish king's only daughter?
7. What item does Thor set out to find?
8. What kind of creature is Fafnir?
9. With what is the woman bribed?
(a) Eternal life.
(b) Gold and jewels.
(c) Golden apples.
(d) Wine and song.
10. Which item is requested by Loki when he arrives at Hymir's Hall?
(d) A bed.
11. The Edda features two birds conversing about Helgi. What kind of birds are they?
12. Who is sent to spend the winter at King Svafnir's hall?
13. What is the name of the all-wise giant?
14. Which animal sent out a warning?
15. Foolish men often do which of the following?
(a) Travel alone.
(b) Sleep late.
(c) Speak when they know nothing.
(d) Drink until drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom will Sigurd deliver treasure?
2. How many wives does Hiorvard have at the beginning of the Edda?
3. Where is Fafnir found?
4. To what does the first piece of wisdom refer?
5. What is the name of the ferryman?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)