|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ferryman?
2. To whom is the Valkyrie betrothed?
3. Where did the sacred waters begin?
(b) Odin's hand.
4. What is the name of Regin's father?
5. What was the name of the king's second wife?
6. Which character turns into a bird?
7. Sigurd is suddenly able to understand the language of what animal?
8. What kind of spell had been cast on Sigrdrifa?
(a) Incurable illness.
9. What is the name of the tree of life?
10. Foolish men often do which of the following?
(a) Drink until drunk.
(b) Speak when they know nothing.
(c) Travel alone.
(d) Sleep late.
11. What is Helgi Hiorvard's title?
12. Who does Atli blame for barring ships from entering the fjord?
13. Who must Sigurd invoke to ensure victory in battle?
14. Who does not share in the feast?
(a) Hogni .
(c) Gunnar .
15. What should always be kept close while traveling?
(b) Cell phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the king?
2. How old was Helgi when it was decided he would go into battle?
3. What happens to the first speaker at the end of the poem?
4. What was used to kill Sinfiotli?
5. What is the name of Hunding's kingdom?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)