|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Edda features two birds conversing about Helgi. What kind of birds are they?
2. In which country did the story begin?
3. Which animals travel with Thor's party?
4. Where do the chieftains gather after the murder of Hunding?
5. Where do the Lappish king's sons go to hunt?
(c) Freyr's Fjord.
(d) Willow Hollow.
6. Who will supposedly be turned into stone at the harbor?
7. Which of the following is not mentioned in this Edda?
8. Where does the greedy serpent live?
(c) Wolf Lake.
9. What is the name of the ferryman?
10. With whom does the ferryman argue?
11. How many pieces of wisdom does Sigrdrifa impart?
12. Who became the stateliest of men?
13. Sigurd and Regin meet after Sigurd purchases which item?
14. Why was Gunnar so angry with Sigurd.
(a) Gunnar was jealous over Sigurd's horse.
(b) Sigurd broke a promise.
(c) Sigurd stole away Gunnar's wife.
(d) Sigurd took all the glory from a bloody battle.
15. With what does Fafnir attempt to kill Sigurd?
(b) Broad axe.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Edda states that friends should be _____.
2. Gripir is referred to as what type of person?
3. Gripir assures Sigurd that he will always be thought of as a:
4. With what is the woman bribed?
5. What should always be kept close while traveling?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)