|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of creature is Fafnir?
2. Who became the stateliest of men?
3. What was the name of the king?
4. What is the name of the tree of life?
5. Who wants to marry Thor's daughter?
6. Where do the Lappish king's sons go to hunt?
(a) Freyr's Fjord.
(b) Willow Hollow.
7. Who is Freyr's father?
8. Who warns Odin against making the journey?
9. Who kills Helgi?
10. Where does the greedy serpent live?
(b) Wolf Lake.
11. What item does Sigrdrifa give to Sigurd?
12. In which country did the story begin?
13. Who does Thrym want to marry?
(a) A Valkyrie.
14. How old is Helgi when he kills Hunding?
15. Who greets Sigurd at Gripir's hall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Hunding's kingdom?
2. What happens to the first speaker at the end of the poem?
3. How many heads does the old woman have?
4. Which item is requested by Loki when he arrives at Hymir's Hall?
5. The Edda features two birds conversing about Helgi. What kind of birds are they?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)