|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Foolish men often do which of the following?
(a) Speak when they know nothing.
(b) Travel alone.
(c) Sleep late.
(d) Drink until drunk.
2. Which item is requested by Loki when he arrives at Hymir's Hall?
(a) A bed.
3. What item does Thor set out to find?
4. Where should men go thoroughly washed?
(b) To work.
(c) To bed.
5. Who does Thrym want to marry?
(c) A Valkyrie.
6. What is Ottar eating when he is killed?
(d) Raw potatoes.
7. In which country did the story begin?
8. What is the name of the all-wise giant?
9. Who is supposedly going to kill Sigurd?
(c) Gudrun's brothers.
(d) Hunding's sons.
10. What is the name of the tree of life?
11. How is Regin described?
(a) Clever and mischievous.
(b) Swarthy and unencumbered.
(c) Old and tired.
(d) Wise and ferocious.
12. Who does not share in the feast?
(b) Gunnar .
(d) Hogni .
13. What kind of creature is Fafnir?
14. A man should never be ashamed of which of the following?
15. Which of the Lappish king's sons is captured?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Regin's father?
2. How old was Helgi when it was decided he would go into battle?
3. What is the name of the Valkyrie who appears before Helgi?
4. What is the first speaker's name?
5. Who lost a hand to Fenrir?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)