|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will the gods gather to battle?
2. Which is not an item away taken by Sigurd?
(a) The helmet of terror.
(b) Fafnir's heart.
(c) A gold mail-shirt.
(d) The sword named Hrotti.
3. What symbol is recommended for protection?
(a) Sprig of holly.
(b) Personal talisman.
(c) Odin's Mark.
4. A man should never be ashamed of which of the following?
5. How is Regin described?
(a) Wise and ferocious.
(b) Swarthy and unencumbered.
(c) Old and tired.
(d) Clever and mischievous.
6. The Edda states that friends should be _____.
(d) Mutual givers.
7. What item does Sigrdrifa give to Sigurd?
8. What happens during the imparting of knowledge.
(a) Odin causes a great storm.
(b) Thor's daughter runs away.
(c) Thor is arrested.
(d) Day breaks.
9. Which item is requested by Loki when he arrives at Hymir's Hall?
(a) A bed.
10. Where do the chieftains gather after the murder of Hunding?
11. Sigurd is suddenly able to understand the language of what animal?
12. Who will supposedly be turned into stone at the harbor?
13. How old was Helgi when it was decided he would go into battle?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 1 month.
14. Where did the sacred waters begin?
(a) Odin's hand.
15. Where do the Lappish king's sons go to hunt?
(a) Freyr's Fjord.
(c) Willow Hollow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pieces of wisdom does Sigrdrifa impart?
2. Where should men go thoroughly washed?
3. Which of the following is not mentioned in this Edda?
4. Who wants to marry Thor's daughter?
5. How many heads does the old woman have?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)