|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many days is Grimnir tortured?
2. Who is sent to spend the winter at King Svafnir's hall?
3. Which animal sent out a warning?
4. What happens during the imparting of knowledge.
(a) Thor's daughter runs away.
(b) Odin causes a great storm.
(c) Thor is arrested.
(d) Day breaks.
5. Foolish men often do which of the following?
(a) Sleep late.
(b) Drink until drunk.
(c) Travel alone.
(d) Speak when they know nothing.
6. What is the name of Hunding's kingdom?
7. What should always be kept close while traveling?
(a) Cell phone.
8. How old is Helgi when he kills Hunding?
9. To what does the first piece of wisdom refer?
10. Who does Thrym want to marry?
(d) A Valkyrie.
11. Which of the Lappish king's sons is captured?
12. The Edda features two birds conversing about Helgi. What kind of birds are they?
13. With what does Fafnir attempt to kill Sigurd?
(a) Broad axe.
14. Where will the gods gather to battle?
15. What is the Norse name for the end of the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Fafnir found?
2. Who became the stateliest of men?
3. Who is supposedly going to kill Sigurd?
4. To whom will Sigurd deliver treasure?
5. Where did the sacred waters begin?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)