|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sigurd is suddenly able to understand the language of what animal?
2. The Edda features two birds conversing about Helgi. What kind of birds are they?
3. It is predicted that the strength of which person/group will fade away?
4. To whom is the Valkyrie betrothed?
5. What was the name of the king?
6. Where is Fafnir found?
(b) Norns' Hall.
(c) Andvara Falls.
(d) Regin's stable.
7. What kind of spell had been cast on Sigrdrifa?
(c) Incurable illness.
8. What symbol is recommended for protection?
(a) Sprig of holly.
(b) Odin's Mark.
(d) Personal talisman.
9. Who will supposedly be turned into stone at the harbor?
10. Who does Atli blame for barring ships from entering the fjord?
11. Who lost a hand to Fenrir?
12. With what is the woman bribed?
(a) Golden apples.
(b) Gold and jewels.
(c) Wine and song.
(d) Eternal life.
13. Sigurd and Regin meet after Sigurd purchases which item?
14. What was the name of the king's second wife?
15. Who became the stateliest of men?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the first piece of wisdom refer?
2. What is the first speaker's name?
3. Who does Thrym want to marry?
4. Which animal sent out a warning?
5. What is the Norse name for the end of the world?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)