|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the first piece of wisdom refer?
2. What was used to kill Sinfiotli?
3. What is the name of Regin's father?
4. Who must Sigurd invoke to ensure victory in battle?
5. How many heads does the old woman have?
6. How many pieces of wisdom does Sigrdrifa impart?
7. Which animals travel with Thor's party?
8. Sigurd and Regin meet after Sigurd purchases which item?
9. What is Ottar eating when he is killed?
(c) Raw potatoes.
10. What symbol is recommended for protection?
(b) Odin's Mark.
(c) Sprig of holly.
(d) Personal talisman.
11. What is the name of the all-wise giant?
12. With whom does the ferryman argue?
13. In which country did the story begin?
14. What was the name of the king?
15. Where is Fafnir found?
(b) Regin's stable.
(c) Andvara Falls.
(d) Norns' Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sigurd is suddenly able to understand the language of what animal?
2. Who is sent to spend the winter at King Svafnir's hall?
3. What is the name of the Swedish king?
4. Who does Thrym want to marry?
5. Near what river did Sigurd die?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)