|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Swedish king's only daughter?
2. What should always be kept close while traveling?
(c) Cell phone.
3. How old was Helgi when it was decided he would go into battle?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
4. What is the name of the boy that took pity on the wizard?
5. Which character turns into a bird?
6. What kind of creature is Fafnir?
7. Gripir assures Sigurd that he will always be thought of as a:
(a) Fierce competitor.
(b) Devoted son.
(c) Noble leader.
(d) Strong warrior.
8. Sigurd is suddenly able to understand the language of what animal?
9. Which of Odin's creatures is eager to feast at the battle?
10. The Edda features two birds conversing about Helgi. What kind of birds are they?
11. What happens during the imparting of knowledge.
(a) Day breaks.
(b) Thor's daughter runs away.
(c) Odin causes a great storm.
(d) Thor is arrested.
12. Who will supposedly be turned into stone at the harbor?
13. Which item is requested by Loki when he arrives at Hymir's Hall?
(a) A bed.
14. What is the name of the tree of life?
15. What was the name of the king?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wives does Hiorvard have at the beginning of the Edda?
2. What was the name of the king's second wife?
3. Where is Fafnir found?
4. How old is Helgi when he kills Hunding?
5. In which country did the story begin?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)