|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Helgi when he kills Hunding?
2. Which of the following is not mentioned in this Edda?
3. What is Ottar eating when he is killed?
(d) Raw potatoes.
4. Who wants to marry Thor's daughter?
5. Who became the stateliest of men?
6. What is the name of the all-wise giant?
7. Foolish men often do which of the following?
(a) Drink until drunk.
(b) Travel alone.
(c) Speak when they know nothing.
(d) Sleep late.
8. Which of Odin's creatures is eager to feast at the battle?
9. It is predicted that the strength of which person/group will fade away?
10. How old was Helgi when it was decided he would go into battle?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 1 month.
11. How many pieces of wisdom does Sigrdrifa impart?
12. Which character does Helgi wich to avoid?
13. What will cause the deaths of Regin and Fafnir?
(b) An accident in battle.
(c) A jealous woman.
(d) Sibling rivalry.
14. Why was Gunnar so angry with Sigurd.
(a) Sigurd took all the glory from a bloody battle.
(b) Sigurd stole away Gunnar's wife.
(c) Gunnar was jealous over Sigurd's horse.
(d) Sigurd broke a promise.
15. Who is Sigrdrifa?
(a) Atli's mother.
(b) Sigurd's sister.
(c) Sigurd's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Freyr's father?
2. Who warns Odin against making the journey?
3. With what does Fafnir attempt to kill Sigurd?
4. What happens to the first speaker at the end of the poem?
5. What was the name of the king's second wife?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)