|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lay of Fafnir (Fafnismal).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gripir is referred to as what type of person?
2. Who will supposedly be turned into stone at the harbor?
3. What happens to the first speaker at the end of the poem?
(a) The first speaker flies away.
(b) Thor kills the man with his hammer.
(c) He turns to stone.
(d) Loki captures the first speaker.
4. With what does Fafnir attempt to kill Sigurd?
(a) Broad axe.
5. How is Regin described?
(a) Wise and ferocious.
(b) Old and tired.
(c) Swarthy and unencumbered.
(d) Clever and mischievous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Odin shows an unquenchable thirst for which of the following?
2. Which animals travel with Thor's party?
3. Who warns Odin against making the journey?
4. Gripir assures Sigurd that he will always be thought of as a:
5. Where did the sacred waters begin?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)