|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Poem of Helgi Hundingsbani.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the sacred waters begin?
(d) Odin's hand.
2. What is the name of the Swedish king's only daughter?
3. Which of the Lappish king's sons is captured?
4. Foolish men often do which of the following?
(a) Sleep late.
(b) Drink until drunk.
(c) Speak when they know nothing.
(d) Travel alone.
5. To what does the first piece of wisdom refer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ferryman?
2. Odin shows an unquenchable thirst for which of the following?
3. What happens to the first speaker at the end of the poem?
4. Who lost a hand to Fenrir?
5. The Edda states that friends should be _____.
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)