The Seeress's Prophecy (Voluspa) | Sayings of the High One (Havamal)
The Seeress's Prophecy (Voluspa):
• Odin travels to visit the Seeress to learn about past, present, and future.
• The Seeress tells tales of Norse history, including giants, dwarves, and the tree of life.
• The Seeress tells of the future, which parallels Christian Revelations.
Sayings of the High One (Havamal):
• Poem contains Norse wisdom.
• Guests should be wary but welcome.
• Men are told to act wise, not foolishly.
• Men should eat meals early.
• Men should always be clean and dress as best they can.
• Women's words should not be trusted because they are emotion-based.
• The frost-giants ask for Odin's advice.
Vafthrudnir's Sayings (Vafthrudnismal) | Grimnir's Sayings (Grimnismal)
• King Hraudung's sons go out fishing and become stranded on an island.
• An old man and woman care for the men.
• The old man and woman turn out to be Odin and Frigg.
This section contains 1,863 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)