|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harold consult to help him with strategy?
2. What is Ruth waiting for an opening to tell Harold?
3. Why does Charles's lawyer want his crime to be called manslaughter?
4. When do the Germans insist on visiting?
5. What name does Fredricka prefer not to be called?
Essay Topic 1
"The Faithful" - In this story, the main character views his community (the black community) as being divided by their family origins. Do you agree that family origins can divide a community? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
"Problems of Art" -The story ended with the reader learning that Mrs. Farragot had indeed been drinking. Did you find this surprising? Why or why not? Do you think she was drunk the night of the incident? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
"Why I like Country Music" - What role does love play in this story? In what way are stereotypes developed through this story? What role does one's culture during their formative years play into understanding others?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)