|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does the woman who sits next to the Fosters complain?
2. What does Clair have a command of that Louis admires?
3. Which of the following is not something the Asians report missing?
4. What does Mrs. Richards say when Louis asks if Clair is close to anyone?
5. Why does the character Paul Frost, leave Kansas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leon describe his landlady?
2. What does Paul do after months of silence at the mental hospital?
3. What are the Foster's doing because it was recommended and because they are tired of tourism?
4. What does the narrator say that he is enough of a realist to accept?
5. Describe the character Clair as seen through Louis's eyes.
6. Who is Nelson Reed and what does he become?
7. What happens when Charles interrupts his attorney's summation?
8. What makes Eunice wonder about the hotel's breakfast calls?
9. What is Harold Green caught doing that angers people in the community?
10. Where does this story take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Widows and Orphans"- In what ways does this story look at blacks who have escaped the rural life in a disparaging manner? Do you believe this view still exists today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
"The Silver Bullet" - What does the phrase "Everyone gets the spanking their mommas should have given them" mean? Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
"The Silver Bullet" - In what way does this story show that everyone is corrupt? Do you agree that there is much more corruption in society? Why or why not?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)