Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harold consult to help him with strategy?
2. What is Ruth waiting for an opening to tell Harold?
3. Why does Charles's lawyer want his crime to be called manslaughter?
4. When do the Germans insist on visiting?
5. What name does Fredricka prefer not to be called?
Essay Topic 1
"I Am an American"- In what way is the character of Leon a good Samaritan? In what ways does Leon rely on stereotypes? What prejudices are shown in this novel? How are they demonstrated?
Essay Topic 2
"Elbow Room"-In what ways is race discussed in this story? Why do you think this story was placed last in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
"Why I like Country Music" - What role does love play in this story? In what way are stereotypes developed through this story? What role does one's culture during their formative years play into understanding others?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)