|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Asians insist the Bulgarian do when he is cornered?
2. For what is Charles on trial?
3. What is Paul's means of redeeming family?
4. To what are Leon and Eunice summoned?
5. Where were the students given passports to go?
Essay Topic 1
"Just Enough for the City" - Why do the evangelists become frustrated with the narrator? How does this story portray the black narrator? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
"A Sense of Story"- Why do you think Charles confessed at the beginning of the story? Do you believe the conflict between Charles and the victim ran deeper? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
"The Story of a Scar"- In what ways does the woman believe men should think about women? How does this compare to how the narrator (a man) points out they do think about women? In what way do these ideas relate to how the story ends?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)