|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the other diners look at the people involved in the theft?
2. Which of the following characters is described as obviously successful if not wealthy?
3. What does Clair have a command of that Louis admires?
4. About what does the woman who sits next to the Fosters complain?
5. With what color does Harold say is the only color that he is concerned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character Clair as seen through Louis's eyes.
2. What does the group of storytellers who Ginny joined consider themselves and what happens to change this?
3. What is Harold Green caught doing that angers people in the community?
4. What does Paul do after months of silence at the mental hospital?
5. Describe the Redeemer's friends as he sees them.
6. What does Jed Jones say happened after he heard the shots?
7. When Mrs. Richards bets a woman is fattening Louis up for the fry, about what does Louis think?
8. What does Ruth want to advise Harold to do and what does she do instead?
9. How does Leon describe his landlady?
10. What is the first parable about the narrator shares?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Story of a Dead Man" - In what way are the two main characters in this story alike? In what ways are they different? Why do you think one would become an accomplished liar? What would make a person become an accomplished liar?
Essay Topic 2
"Elbow Room"- Do you believe the baby should be white and blind or black and self-blinded? Which is the better situation? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 3
"Why I like Country Music" - In what ways is square dancing used as a symbol of differing world views? What are these views? Which view do you best relate to and why?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)