|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viola do when she meets Louis?
2. How do the other diners look at the people involved in the theft?
3. What does the narrator like to do but not do?
4. How far away is the bobby station?
5. In what month did Ginny and Paul get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leon describe his landlady?
2. What makes Eunice wonder about the hotel's breakfast calls?
3. What does Leon say that causes her to call her husband a bigot?
4. What does Paul do after months of silence at the mental hospital?
5. What happens when Charles interrupts his attorney's summation?
6. Describe the Redeemer's friends as he sees them.
7. What is the first parable about the narrator shares?
8. What does the narrator say to those who come to him telling him that anything not in the Bible is false?
9. What does Ruth want to advise Harold to do and what does she do instead?
10. What are the Foster's doing because it was recommended and because they are tired of tourism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Silver Bullet" - What does the phrase "Everyone gets the spanking their mommas should have given them" mean? Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
"A Sense of Story" - In this story the judge demands that the rules of society apply to people of all races equally. Why was this a new concept? Do you think a judge would need to demand this today? Do you believe there is still racial inequality in the judicial system? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
"Widows and Orphans"- In what ways does this story look at blacks who have escaped the rural life in a disparaging manner? Do you believe this view still exists today? Why or why not?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)