|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Nelson claim to be a sucker?
2. What does Viola complain that Louis has done?
3. Which of the following characters is considered an instant hero?
4. Where does the narrator believe is the safest possible place?
5. What do the bobbies discuss on the way back to the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Charles interrupts his attorney's summation?
2. What does Ruth want to advise Harold to do and what does she do instead?
3. Where does this story take place?
4. What is the first parable about the narrator shares?
5. When Mrs. Richards bets a woman is fattening Louis up for the fry, about what does Louis think?
6. Describe the character Clair as seen through Louis's eyes.
7. What does Harold's wife, Ruth, demand he do and if he doesn't follow through, what does she say will happen?
8. What are the Foster's doing because it was recommended and because they are tired of tourism?
9. What does Jed Jones say happened after he heard the shots?
10. Describe the Redeemer's friends as he sees them.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Story of a Scar"- What do you believe are the three major themes of this story? Do you believe this is a love story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
"A Sense of Story" - In this story the judge demands that the rules of society apply to people of all races equally. Why was this a new concept? Do you think a judge would need to demand this today? Do you believe there is still racial inequality in the judicial system? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
"The Story of a Scar"- In what ways does the woman believe men should think about women? How does this compare to how the narrator (a man) points out they do think about women? In what way do these ideas relate to how the story ends?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)