|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viola do when she meets Louis?
2. How long ago did Jones first notice trouble between Charles and Johnson?
3. Why does Nelson say that average men are not really men?
4. Why was the narrator's favorite waitress fired?
5. What do the Asians insist the Bulgarian do when he is cornered?
Essay Topic 1
"The Faithful" - In this story, the main character views his community (the black community) as being divided by their family origins. Do you agree that family origins can divide a community? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
"The Story of a Scar"- In what ways does the woman believe men should think about women? How does this compare to how the narrator (a man) points out they do think about women? In what way do these ideas relate to how the story ends?
Essay Topic 3
"Widows and Orphans"- How does Louis view Clair? How does Clair view Louis? In what ways do these two views coincide? In what ways do they differ?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)