|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harold consult to help him with strategy?
2. What is Ruth waiting for an opening to tell Harold?
3. Why does Charles's lawyer want his crime to be called manslaughter?
4. When do the Germans insist on visiting?
5. What name does Fredricka prefer not to be called?
Essay Topic 1
"The Story of a Scar"- In what ways does the woman believe men should think about women? How does this compare to how the narrator (a man) points out they do think about women? In what way do these ideas relate to how the story ends?
Essay Topic 2
"Why I like Country Music" - What role does love play in this story? In what way are stereotypes developed through this story? What role does one's culture during their formative years play into understanding others?
Essay Topic 3
"Widows and Orphans"- In what ways does this story look at blacks who have escaped the rural life in a disparaging manner? Do you believe this view still exists today? Why or why not?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)