|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Elbow Room".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do as the prison guard leads him away?
(a) Talks to his dead mother.
(b) Begs William to save him.
(c) Stares at William.
(d) Sings and laughs.
2. In what month did Ginny and Paul get married?
3. Why have people left Butler's church and gone to Rev. Tarwell's church?
(a) Tarwell's church is air conditioned.
(b) They like what they hear at Tarwell's church.
(c) There are more younger people at Tarwell's church.
(d) Tarwell's church is larger and more modern.
4. To what does the narrator compare the woman's wig and pantsuit?
(a) A purple Cadillac.
(b) A big dog.
(c) A flashing neon light.
(d) An open door in a hotel room.
5. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
(a) His father.
(b) Mrs. Boswell.
(c) Clarence Buford.
(d) Bronx connections.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nelson say that average men are not really men?
2. How does Winfield describe the street on the night in question?
3. Which of the following doesn't Tommy's father threaten to do to Butler?
4. What do Harold's children see that upsets them?
5. Why does the narrator head for the East?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)