|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Elbow Room".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Viola do when she meets Louis?
(a) Hugs him whispering that he is not worthy of her daughter.
(b) Slaps him and tells him to leave her alone.
(c) Embraces him but later slaps his cheek.
(d) Tells him to leave her daughter alone.
2. What does Bertha yell that Willis and R.V. need?
(a) Women who will treat them right.
(b) To move to a new business.
(c) A good whipping.
(d) To go to church.
3. Why does the narrator head for the East?
(a) It is softer there.
(b) He is obliged to go there.
(c) This is the new Mecca and he is drawn there.
(d) Words have detached from emotion and passion.
4. What does Billy do during his lunch break at the post office?
(a) Talks to the women.
(c) Snoops through people's mail.
5. Which of the following is true about the narrator's father?
(a) He loves dancing and Northern pretentious.
(b) He spoils the narrator.
(c) He throws tantrums.
(d) He is abusive and violent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator in this story?
2. For what is the narrator searching?
3. What do Harold's children see that upsets them?
4. Which of the following women does Louis know he loves?
5. To what does the author say that great myths have been reduced?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)