|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Elbow Room".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator told he must submit?
(a) He has looked at a woman's body who is not his wife's.
(b) He is a descendant of Mohammed's beloved.
(c) He is of German descent.
(d) He is too successful and has become proud.
2. To what does the narrator compare the woman's wig and pantsuit?
(a) An open door in a hotel room.
(b) A flashing neon light.
(c) A purple Cadillac.
(d) A big dog.
3. What does Tommy's father say his son's new haircut is like?
(a) Plantation Negro.
(b) One from the 1800s.
(c) New age.
(d) Uneven and ugly.
4. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
(a) He has razors on his shoes.
(b) He doesn't know the steps.
(c) He was too rude and mean to the narrator.
(d) He makes to much noise.
5. What do Thomas and Harold think they need to explain to Nelson?
(a) Race relations.
(b) Justified realizations.
(c) Ethics of profit.
(d) The need to work together for publicity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator believe is the safest possible place?
2. What does Butler forbid in his barber shop?
3. About what does the woman who sits next to the Fosters complain?
4. What colors does Gweneth wear?
5. How long ago did Louis give Clair an engagement ring?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)