|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Elbow Room".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the author say that great myths have been reduced?
(b) Great literature.
2. What profession does Corliss Milford practice?
(d) Government worker.
3. Why was the narrator's favorite waitress fired?
(a) For overcharging customers.
(b) For not sharing in the side work.
(c) For talking more than working.
(d) For preaching to the customers.
4. Which of the following characters is considered an instant hero?
5. What does Winfield surprise Milford by telling him?
(a) That Mrs. Farragot enjoys drinking bourbon.
(b) That the judge did not like him.
(c) That he knew the officer.
(d) That he already knew the outcome of the trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones say that big time businessmen can do?
2. Who is the narrator of the story?
3. What does Mrs. Richards say when Louis asks if Clair is close to anyone?
4. To whom is Chelseia engaged?
5. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)