|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Elbow Room".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel warn Paul about his daughter?
(a) Not to treat her like a plaything.
(b) Not to take advantage of her.
(c) Not to believe what she says.
(d) Not to let her forget her heritage.
2. For what does Nelson claim to be a sucker?
(a) Words of Jesus.
(b) Harold's price schemes.
(c) The white man's supremacy.
(d) The belief that things will change.
3. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
(a) He will cause others to be hurt.
(b) He will stand there and refuse to move.
(c) He will cry and ruin the show.
(d) He will not show up for the show.
4. Why did Marie Gilmore attend Butler's church?
(a) To ask for others to leave the church.
(b) To make fun of Butler.
(c) To question him.
(d) To listen to the sermon.
5. How does Butler reply when Ella says she should have married someone different?
(a) She can leave whenever she wants.
(b) She knows she loves him.
(c) She can't do better than him.
(d) She should give the next sermon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ella ask God?
2. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
3. To what are Leon and Eunice summoned?
4. Who did Charles harm?
5. Why does Nelson say that average men are not really men?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)