|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do during his lunch break at the post office?
(b) Talks to the women.
(d) Snoops through people's mail.
2. Why did Marie Gilmore attend Butler's church?
(a) To ask for others to leave the church.
(b) To question him.
(c) To make fun of Butler.
(d) To listen to the sermon.
3. What does R.V. tell them at Slick's that Willis is?
(b) Relations officer.
(c) Community collector.
4. Why does Mrs. Farragot ask Winfield to speak good English?
(a) To ensure there is no miscommunication.
(b) To show her lawyer that he can.
(c) To show that black men can be educated.
(d) Because white people otherwise do not understand.
5. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
(a) That Leon hurt him.
(b) That he wants to be partners with Gweneth.
(c) That he would rather be a plaiter.
(d) That he cannot dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Red say the other workers are feeling since she started dating Billy?
2. Why does Willis have to avoid Bertha, the cook?
3. What is Billy's job at Dillingham Automotives, Inc.?
4. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
5. What has made Mrs. Farragot notorious at Project Gratis?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)