|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Wilson have an odd fascination?
(a) Farragot's expression.
(b) Milford's silver hair.
(c) Farragot's earrings.
(d) Winfield's red handkerchief.
2. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
(a) That Leon hurt him.
(b) That he would rather be a plaiter.
(c) That he wants to be partners with Gweneth.
(d) That he cannot dance.
3. What does Dewey say will happen if Willis cooperates with R.V.?
(a) He will have to pay more money to the gang.
(b) Slick will kill him.
(c) The gang will find him.
(d) He is not welcome in the gang.
4. What does R.V. remind Jones that they are?
(a) A gang.
(b) A nonprofit community-based grass-roots organization.
(c) People who insist on loyalty.
(d) A group of accountants.
5. Why does Willis have to avoid Bertha, the cook?
(a) She is his aunt's neighbor.
(b) She is Willis's girlfriend.
(c) She is a snitch for the police.
(d) She is mean and carries a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man do to R.V. that causes him to order Aubrey to take him out?
2. What does Billy say that he learned in the war?
3. Why does the narrator's father refuse to write him another note?
4. To what does the narrator compare the woman's wig and pantsuit?
5. When does Willis say that it is crazy to confront someone?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)