|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Farragot ask Winfield to speak good English?
(a) To ensure there is no miscommunication.
(b) To show that black men can be educated.
(c) To show her lawyer that he can.
(d) Because white people otherwise do not understand.
2. What comment does Mrs. Boswell make about the narrator?
(a) That his outfit matches Gweneth's.
(b) That he is the most handsome of the boys.
(c) That he can change his role.
(d) That he is learning the rhythm of the thing.
3. What does Billy do during his lunch break at the post office?
(a) Talks to the women.
(d) Snoops through people's mail.
4. Though the narrator says that he finds companionship wherever he can, he claims he is not what?
(a) A womanizer.
(d) An adulterer.
5. What profession does Corliss Milford practice?
(d) Government worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters dismisses country music as a valid art form?
2. Why does Tommy's father "kick (Butler's) ass"?
3. What does Bertha yell that Willis and R.V. need?
4. Who is the narrator in this story?
5. What does Milford admire about Winfield?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)