|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the woman compare the scar?
(a) A badge of honor.
(b) A reminder.
(c) A wedding ring.
(d) A disfigurement.
2. What does Butler believe shaping the hair of boys does for them?
(a) Works to help him stay current.
(b) Shapes their lives.
(c) Helps the community stay together.
(d) Allows for racial harmony.
3. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) 3 years.
4. Why do many of the boys get off at Gweneth's stop?
(a) To watch her walk away.
(b) To fight over who gets to walk her home.
(c) To hear her say "bye y'all."
(d) To be sure not to miss anything.
5. What does Billy do during his lunch break at the post office?
(a) Talks to the women.
(c) Snoops through people's mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's job at Dillingham Automotives, Inc.?
2. What is Harper's farm?
3. Why does Tommy's father "kick (Butler's) ass"?
4. Why does the narrator's father refuse to write him another note?
5. What does Butler consider the processes being worn by other black men, but don't imitate the whites?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)