|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
(a) Goes to school.
(b) Starts a farm.
(c) Becomes a preacher.
(d) Drives garbage truck.
2. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
3. Why is Corliss waiting in Mary Farragot's apartment?
(a) For her to come back.
(b) To talk to her about her likes and dislikes.
(c) To take notes on her posessions.
(d) To Open her mail and materials.
4. Why have people left Butler's church and gone to Rev. Tarwell's church?
(a) Tarwell's church is air conditioned.
(b) There are more younger people at Tarwell's church.
(c) Tarwell's church is larger and more modern.
(d) They like what they hear at Tarwell's church.
5. Why does Mrs. Farragot ask Winfield to speak good English?
(a) To ensure there is no miscommunication.
(b) To show her lawyer that he can.
(c) To show that black men can be educated.
(d) Because white people otherwise do not understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
2. Which of the following is true about the narrator's father?
3. What does Leon's costume have that clanks?
4. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
5. What does Butler's wife advise him to do?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)