|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following two professions does John Butler practice?
(a) Preacher and bookie.
(b) Shoe shiner and bookie.
(c) Barber and preacher.
(d) Shoe shiner and barber.
2. What does she say about the first doctor?
(a) He stitched her up like a turkey.
(b) He was a plastic surgeon.
(c) He refused to touch her.
(d) He said the stabbing was her fault.
3. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
(a) Mrs. Boswell.
(b) Bronx connections.
(c) Clarence Buford.
(d) His father.
4. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
(a) Square dancing and spurs.
(b) Jangles and Brooklyn.
(c) May poles and laughter.
(d) Lemon and country music.
5. How do Billy's enemies feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Butler's wife advise him to do?
2. How do the congregation members feel about Butler's sermons?
3. How does the author describe Mrs. Farragot as Milfird sees her?
4. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler as an assistant pastor?
5. What happens to Teddy when he fights for the knife after the woman is stabbed?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)