|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tommy's father "kick (Butler's) ass"?
(a) Because he knows Butler doesn't know any better.
(b) Because he is too old.
(c) Because he is a minister.
(d) Because Butler refunded his money.
2. What does Butler's wife advise him to do?
(a) To go and watch a Tarwell sermon.
(b) To retire and travel with her.
(c) To add some excitement to the church.
(d) To lay off the broken record.
3. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 13 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 3 years.
4. What is Harper's farm?
(a) A church group that rehabilitates criminals.
(b) The farm that Billy and his wife own.
(c) Where Billy hids from the law.
(d) Where black offenders go to be put on road gangs.
5. What colors does Gweneth wear?
(a) Blue and green.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Pink and black.
(d) Red and white.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Mrs. Farragot as Milfird sees her?
2. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
3. What does Billy say that he learned in the war?
4. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
5. Which character is nicknamed Eldorado?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)