|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare the woman's wig and pantsuit?
(a) An open door in a hotel room.
(b) A flashing neon light.
(c) A purple Cadillac.
(d) A big dog.
2. Which of the following two professions does John Butler practice?
(a) Shoe shiner and barber.
(b) Preacher and bookie.
(c) Barber and preacher.
(d) Shoe shiner and bookie.
3. Which of the following doesn't Tommy's father threaten to do to Butler?
(a) Give him his own haircut.
(b) Shut down Butler's church.
(c) Shut down the Butler's barbershop.
(d) Run all the "Toms" out of town.
4. Why does Mrs. Farragot ask Winfield to speak good English?
(a) To show her lawyer that he can.
(b) To show that black men can be educated.
(c) To ensure there is no miscommunication.
(d) Because white people otherwise do not understand.
5. What does Jones say that big time businessmen can do?
(a) Compete in business.
(b) Fix tickets.
(c) Control other gangs.
(d) Swat flies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
2. Which character is nicknamed Eldorado?
3. Why is Corliss waiting in Mary Farragot's apartment?
4. Why does the narrator's father refuse to write him another note?
5. What does Bertha yell that Willis and R.V. need?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)