|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tommy Gilmore want from Butler?
(a) A sermon.
(b) A shoe shine.
(c) A place to work.
(d) An Afro.
2. For what was Mrs. Farragot arrested?
(b) Hitting an officer.
3. After whom are Billy and William named?
(a) Maternal grandfather.
(c) Mother's favorite singer.
(d) Paternal grandfather.
4. What comment does Mrs. Boswell make about the narrator?
(a) That his outfit matches Gweneth's.
(b) That he is the most handsome of the boys.
(c) That he can change his role.
(d) That he is learning the rhythm of the thing.
5. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
(a) He will stand there and refuse to move.
(b) He will cause others to be hurt.
(c) He will cry and ruin the show.
(d) He will not show up for the show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do as the prison guard leads him away?
2. Why does R.V. say they should join forces?
3. Which of the following two professions does John Butler practice?
4. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
5. Why have people left Butler's church and gone to Rev. Tarwell's church?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)