|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Scar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
(a) The narrator.
2. What does Jones say that big time businessmen can do?
(a) Fix tickets.
(b) Swat flies.
(c) Compete in business.
(d) Control other gangs.
3. What does Jones admit to being and also to never being?
(a) To being a business man but never stupid.
(b) To killing but never getting caught.
(c) To being young but never a fool.
(d) To being a member of the gang but never killing.
4. Why is Tarwell considering hiring Butler as an assistant pastor?
(a) To allow the two congregations to join.
(b) To rejoin the black community.
(c) To make Butler feel useful.
(d) So Tarwell can go into politics.
5. To what does the woman compare the scar?
(a) A wedding ring.
(b) A badge of honor.
(c) A disfigurement.
(d) A reminder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters dismisses country music as a valid art form?
2. What position does Ralston have?
3. Where does the scar go that is on the woman in the waiting room?
4. Why does the narrator's father refuse to write him another note?
5. How does Winfield describe the street on the night in question?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)