|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Problems of Art".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Butler believe shaping the hair of boys does for them?
(a) Helps the community stay together.
(b) Shapes their lives.
(c) Works to help him stay current.
(d) Allows for racial harmony.
2. How does Butler reply when Ella says she should have married someone different?
(a) She can't do better than him.
(b) She can leave whenever she wants.
(c) She should give the next sermon.
(d) She knows she loves him.
3. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
(a) That Leon hurt him.
(b) That he wants to be partners with Gweneth.
(c) That he would rather be a plaiter.
(d) That he cannot dance.
4. What does Butler forbid in his barber shop?
(b) Shoe shines.
(c) Fancy cuts.
5. Why did Marie Gilmore attend Butler's church?
(a) To question him.
(b) To listen to the sermon.
(c) To make fun of Butler.
(d) To ask for others to leave the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father of the girl Billy impregnates insist?
2. Which of the characters is the group's warlord?
3. What does Bertha yell that Willis and R.V. need?
4. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
5. What does Tommy's father say his son's new haircut is like?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)