|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Problems of Art".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Butler forbid in his barber shop?
(a) Fancy cuts.
(b) Shoe shines.
2. What is Farragot concerned about when she whispers to Milford?
(a) The fact that she is not allowed to speak yet.
(b) The fact that the white officer is testifying.
(c) The female judge.
(d) Lie detectors and being railroaded.
3. What does Winfield surprise Milford by telling him?
(a) That he already knew the outcome of the trial.
(b) That the judge did not like him.
(c) That Mrs. Farragot enjoys drinking bourbon.
(d) That he knew the officer.
4. Why does the narrator want to go back to square dancing?
(a) To get one swing with Gweneth.
(b) To trip Leon and teach him a lesson.
(c) To avoid having to be with Queen Rose.
(d) To show everyone that he can do what his father says he can't.
5. How does the author describe Mrs. Farragot as Milfird sees her?
(a) Relaxed and confident.
(b) Frightened and tense.
(c) Nervous and twitching.
(d) Obnoxious and argumentative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
2. What comment does Mrs. Boswell make about the narrator?
3. About what do Farragot and Milford hear Wilson reprimand Smothers?
4. What does Dewey insist Willis must do?
5. Which of the following two professions does John Butler practice?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)