|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy's job at Dillingham Automotives, Inc.?
(a) Tracking down blacks who default on their car loans.
(b) Getting the cars ready to be picked up.
(c) Keeping the cars and the car lot safe.
(d) Selling cars to blacks.
2. Where is William hoping to meet Billy?
(a) South Carolina.
(d) Harper's farm.
3. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
(a) That Leon hurt him.
(b) That he would rather be a plaiter.
(c) That he cannot dance.
(d) That he wants to be partners with Gweneth.
4. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
(a) Leon's leadership.
(b) Stereotypes of men.
(c) Her teachings and rules.
(d) His father's rigid beliefs.
5. Why do many of the boys get off at Gweneth's stop?
(a) To fight over who gets to walk her home.
(b) To watch her walk away.
(c) To be sure not to miss anything.
(d) To hear her say "bye y'all."
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors does Gweneth wear?
2. Why does the narrator's father refuse to write him another note?
3. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
4. What does the father of the girl Billy impregnates insist?
5. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)