|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing Billy wants from William when he visits him at the farm?
(a) To help him get away from the farm.
(b) To talk about his mother.
(c) To stop talking and give him some gum.
(d) To go across the road and buy him lunch.
2. What happens when Billy goes into the general store to buy an orange soda?
(a) The owner refuses to serve him.
(b) He holds up the owner of the store.
(c) He dies in a gunfight.
(d) He is kidnapped and held captive for a month.
3. Why does the narrator want to go back to square dancing?
(a) To get one swing with Gweneth.
(b) To avoid having to be with Queen Rose.
(c) To trip Leon and teach him a lesson.
(d) To show everyone that he can do what his father says he can't.
4. What is Billy Renfro accomplished at doing?
5. What does Billy do as the prison guard leads him away?
(a) Begs William to save him.
(b) Stares at William.
(c) Talks to his dead mother.
(d) Sings and laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father of the girl Billy impregnates insist?
2. How do Billy's enemies feel?
3. Which of the following characters dismisses country music as a valid art form?
4. What is Harper's farm?
5. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)