|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of this story?
(a) Billy's cousin.
2. What is the only thing Billy wants from William when he visits him at the farm?
(a) To help him get away from the farm.
(b) To go across the road and buy him lunch.
(c) To stop talking and give him some gum.
(d) To talk about his mother.
3. Why does the narrator want to go back to square dancing?
(a) To get one swing with Gweneth.
(b) To show everyone that he can do what his father says he can't.
(c) To trip Leon and teach him a lesson.
(d) To avoid having to be with Queen Rose.
4. What is Harper's farm?
(a) Where Billy hids from the law.
(b) A church group that rehabilitates criminals.
(c) Where black offenders go to be put on road gangs.
(d) The farm that Billy and his wife own.
5. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
(a) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do many of the boys get off at Gweneth's stop?
2. What happens when Billy goes into the general store to buy an orange soda?
3. What is Billy's job at Dillingham Automotives, Inc.?
4. How many years is Billy at the farm before he is paroled?
5. How do Billy's enemies feel?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)