|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters dismisses country music as a valid art form?
(a) Gloria's husband.
(c) Mrs. Boswell.
2. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
(a) He will cause others to be hurt.
(b) He will stand there and refuse to move.
(c) He will not show up for the show.
(d) He will cry and ruin the show.
3. What comment does Mrs. Boswell make about the narrator?
(a) That he can change his role.
(b) That his outfit matches Gweneth's.
(c) That he is the most handsome of the boys.
(d) That he is learning the rhythm of the thing.
4. How many years is Billy at the farm before he is paroled?
5. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
(a) He makes to much noise.
(b) He has razors on his shoes.
(c) He doesn't know the steps.
(d) He was too rude and mean to the narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
2. How do Billy's enemies feel?
3. Why does the narrator's father refuse to write him another note?
4. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
5. After whom are Billy and William named?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)