|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father of the girl Billy impregnates insist?
(a) He move in with the both of them.
(b) He marry the girl.
(c) He disappear never to return.
(d) He feed the baby for 21 years.
2. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
(a) He has razors on his shoes.
(b) He was too rude and mean to the narrator.
(c) He makes to much noise.
(d) He doesn't know the steps.
3. Who is the narrator in this story?
(c) Gloria's husband.
(d) Mrs. Boswell.
4. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
5. How do Billy's enemies feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
2. Why does the narrator's father refuse to write him another note?
3. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
4. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
5. Who is the narrator of this story?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)