|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father of the girl Billy impregnates insist?
(a) He move in with the both of them.
(b) He marry the girl.
(c) He feed the baby for 21 years.
(d) He disappear never to return.
2. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
(a) His father.
(b) Clarence Buford.
(c) Bronx connections.
(d) Mrs. Boswell.
3. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
4. Who is the narrator of this story?
(b) Billy's cousin.
5. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
(a) Her teachings and rules.
(b) His father's rigid beliefs.
(c) Leon's leadership.
(d) Stereotypes of men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
2. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
3. What is the only thing Billy wants from William when he visits him at the farm?
4. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
5. Which of the following is true about the narrator's father?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)