|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May Day mean each year?
(a) A rebellion of all that is Northern.
(b) An explanation of the historical event.
(c) A jitterbbugging contest.
(d) A celebration plaiting the maypole and square dancing.
2. Which of the following characters dismisses country music as a valid art form?
(c) Mrs. Boswell.
(d) Gloria's husband.
3. Who is looking for Billy at the end of the tale?
(b) Inner City.
4. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
(a) Bronx connections.
(b) Mrs. Boswell.
(c) His father.
(d) Clarence Buford.
5. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
(a) He will stand there and refuse to move.
(b) He will cause others to be hurt.
(c) He will cry and ruin the show.
(d) He will not show up for the show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the narrator's father?
2. What is the only thing Billy wants from William when he visits him at the farm?
3. Why does the narrator's father refuse to write him another note?
4. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
5. To whom is Chelseia engaged?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)