|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Billy's enemies feel?
2. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
(a) Mrs. Boswell.
(b) Clarence Buford.
(c) Bronx connections.
(d) His father.
3. What is the only thing Billy wants from William when he visits him at the farm?
(a) To talk about his mother.
(b) To stop talking and give him some gum.
(c) To help him get away from the farm.
(d) To go across the road and buy him lunch.
4. What comment does Mrs. Boswell make about the narrator?
(a) That his outfit matches Gweneth's.
(b) That he can change his role.
(c) That he is the most handsome of the boys.
(d) That he is learning the rhythm of the thing.
5. What was the occupation of Billy and William's namesake?
(b) Baptist preacher.
(c) He has no occupation.
(d) Bar owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
2. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
3. What colors does Gweneth wear?
4. How many years is Billy at the farm before he is paroled?
5. Who is the narrator of this story?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)