|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harper's farm?
(a) Where black offenders go to be put on road gangs.
(b) Where Billy hids from the law.
(c) The farm that Billy and his wife own.
(d) A church group that rehabilitates criminals.
2. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
(a) He will stand there and refuse to move.
(b) He will cry and ruin the show.
(c) He will not show up for the show.
(d) He will cause others to be hurt.
3. Where is William hoping to meet Billy?
(a) South Carolina.
(c) Harper's farm.
4. What does Leon's costume have that clanks?
(b) Fake guns.
(c) Lots of jewlery.
(d) Huge belt buckle.
5. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
(a) That he wants to be partners with Gweneth.
(b) That he would rather be a plaiter.
(c) That he cannot dance.
(d) That Leon hurt him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
2. How many years is Billy at the farm before he is paroled?
3. What colors does Gweneth wear?
4. Why do many of the boys get off at Gweneth's stop?
5. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)