|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do as the prison guard leads him away?
(a) Begs William to save him.
(b) Stares at William.
(c) Talks to his dead mother.
(d) Sings and laughs.
2. After whom are Billy and William named?
(a) Maternal grandfather.
(b) Mother's favorite singer.
(d) Paternal grandfather.
3. Who is the narrator of this story?
(d) Billy's cousin.
4. What does May Day mean each year?
(a) An explanation of the historical event.
(b) A rebellion of all that is Northern.
(c) A jitterbbugging contest.
(d) A celebration plaiting the maypole and square dancing.
5. What is Billy's job at Dillingham Automotives, Inc.?
(a) Keeping the cars and the car lot safe.
(b) Getting the cars ready to be picked up.
(c) Tracking down blacks who default on their car loans.
(d) Selling cars to blacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years is Billy at the farm before he is paroled?
2. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
3. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
4. Who is the narrator in this story?
5. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)