|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Mrs. Boswell make about the narrator?
(a) That his outfit matches Gweneth's.
(b) That he is learning the rhythm of the thing.
(c) That he can change his role.
(d) That he is the most handsome of the boys.
2. What was the occupation of Billy and William's namesake?
(a) Baptist preacher.
(c) He has no occupation.
(d) Bar owner.
3. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
(a) He will cause others to be hurt.
(b) He will stand there and refuse to move.
(c) He will not show up for the show.
(d) He will cry and ruin the show.
4. Why does the narrator's father refuse to write him another note?
(a) He is tired of the boy changing his mind.
(b) He thinks it will help him get over Gweneth.
(c) He spent a lot of money on his outfit.
(d) He does not want him singing.
5. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
2. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
3. Who is the narrator of this story?
4. How many years is Billy at the farm before he is paroled?
5. What colors does Gweneth wear?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)