|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
(a) He has razors on his shoes.
(b) He doesn't know the steps.
(c) He makes to much noise.
(d) He was too rude and mean to the narrator.
2. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
(a) That Leon hurt him.
(b) That he would rather be a plaiter.
(c) That he cannot dance.
(d) That he wants to be partners with Gweneth.
3. What happens when Billy goes into the general store to buy an orange soda?
(a) The owner refuses to serve him.
(b) He dies in a gunfight.
(c) He is kidnapped and held captive for a month.
(d) He holds up the owner of the store.
4. What does Leon's costume have that clanks?
(b) Fake guns.
(c) Lots of jewlery.
(d) Huge belt buckle.
5. Where is William hoping to meet Billy?
(b) Harper's farm.
(d) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors does Gweneth wear?
2. After whom are Billy and William named?
3. How do Billy's enemies feel?
4. Why does the narrator's father refuse to write him another note?
5. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)