|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do many of the boys get off at Gweneth's stop?
(a) To be sure not to miss anything.
(b) To hear her say "bye y'all."
(c) To fight over who gets to walk her home.
(d) To watch her walk away.
2. What was the occupation of Billy and William's namesake?
(b) Bar owner.
(c) He has no occupation.
(d) Baptist preacher.
3. After whom are Billy and William named?
(a) Mother's favorite singer.
(b) Maternal grandfather.
(c) Paternal grandfather.
4. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
(a) Leon's leadership.
(b) Her teachings and rules.
(c) His father's rigid beliefs.
(d) Stereotypes of men.
5. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 13 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's job at Dillingham Automotives, Inc.?
2. What happens when Billy goes into the general store to buy an orange soda?
3. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
4. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
5. Which of the following characters dismisses country music as a valid art form?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)