|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
(a) Leon's leadership.
(b) Her teachings and rules.
(c) His father's rigid beliefs.
(d) Stereotypes of men.
2. What happens when Billy goes into the general store to buy an orange soda?
(a) The owner refuses to serve him.
(b) He is kidnapped and held captive for a month.
(c) He holds up the owner of the store.
(d) He dies in a gunfight.
3. What is the only thing Billy wants from William when he visits him at the farm?
(a) To help him get away from the farm.
(b) To talk about his mother.
(c) To stop talking and give him some gum.
(d) To go across the road and buy him lunch.
4. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
(a) He will not show up for the show.
(b) He will cry and ruin the show.
(c) He will stand there and refuse to move.
(d) He will cause others to be hurt.
5. Who is the narrator in this story?
(b) Mrs. Boswell.
(d) Gloria's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the narrator's father?
2. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
3. Why do many of the boys get off at Gweneth's stop?
4. How do Billy's enemies feel?
5. Where is William hoping to meet Billy?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)