|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
(a) That Leon hurt him.
(b) That he cannot dance.
(c) That he wants to be partners with Gweneth.
(d) That he would rather be a plaiter.
2. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
3. After whom are Billy and William named?
(a) Mother's favorite singer.
(c) Maternal grandfather.
(d) Paternal grandfather.
4. How many years is Billy at the farm before he is paroled?
5. Which of the following is true about the narrator's father?
(a) He is abusive and violent.
(b) He spoils the narrator.
(c) He throws tantrums.
(d) He loves dancing and Northern pretentious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
2. What does May Day mean each year?
3. What is Harper's farm?
4. What is it rumored that Billy lost fighting a redneck near Limehouse, SC?
5. What happens when Billy goes into the general store to buy an orange soda?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)