|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
2. What does the father of the girl Billy impregnates insist?
(a) He feed the baby for 21 years.
(b) He move in with the both of them.
(c) He marry the girl.
(d) He disappear never to return.
3. How many years is Billy at the farm before he is paroled?
4. What comment does Mrs. Boswell make about the narrator?
(a) That he is learning the rhythm of the thing.
(b) That he is the most handsome of the boys.
(c) That his outfit matches Gweneth's.
(d) That he can change his role.
5. Where is William hoping to meet Billy?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) Harper's farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
2. What happens when Billy goes into the general store to buy an orange soda?
3. What is the only thing Billy wants from William when he visits him at the farm?
4. Why does the narrator want to go back to square dancing?
5. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)