|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 13 years.
2. Why does the narrator want to go back to square dancing?
(a) To show everyone that he can do what his father says he can't.
(b) To get one swing with Gweneth.
(c) To avoid having to be with Queen Rose.
(d) To trip Leon and teach him a lesson.
3. What does the note from the narrator's father say will happen if he has to dance?
(a) He will stand there and refuse to move.
(b) He will cry and ruin the show.
(c) He will cause others to be hurt.
(d) He will not show up for the show.
4. Who is the narrator of this story?
(c) Billy's cousin.
5. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
(a) May poles and laughter.
(b) Square dancing and spurs.
(c) Jangles and Brooklyn.
(d) Lemon and country music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do as the prison guard leads him away?
2. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
3. What colors does Gweneth wear?
4. Where is William hoping to meet Billy?
5. What happens when Billy goes into the general store to buy an orange soda?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)