|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator in this story?
(a) Mrs. Boswell.
(c) Gloria's husband.
2. What does Billy do as the prison guard leads him away?
(a) Talks to his dead mother.
(b) Stares at William.
(c) Sings and laughs.
(d) Begs William to save him.
3. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
(a) He has razors on his shoes.
(b) He was too rude and mean to the narrator.
(c) He doesn't know the steps.
(d) He makes to much noise.
4. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
(a) Starts a farm.
(b) Goes to school.
(c) Drives garbage truck.
(d) Becomes a preacher.
5. What is it rumored that Billy lost fighting a redneck near Limehouse, SC?
(a) His left ear.
(b) His left eye.
(c) His big toe.
(d) His right pinky finger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Billy goes into the general store to buy an orange soda?
2. What does May Day mean each year?
3. What does Leon's costume have that clanks?
4. Where does Leon get the impression that Gweneth likes to hear boys blow their own horns?
5. What does the father of the girl Billy impregnates insist?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)