|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator's father refuse to write him another note?
(a) He does not want him singing.
(b) He spent a lot of money on his outfit.
(c) He thinks it will help him get over Gweneth.
(d) He is tired of the boy changing his mind.
2. What two things resurrect the narrator's memory of Gweneth?
(a) May poles and laughter.
(b) Square dancing and spurs.
(c) Jangles and Brooklyn.
(d) Lemon and country music.
3. Who is the narrator in this story?
(a) Gloria's husband.
(c) Mrs. Boswell.
4. What is Billy Renfro accomplished at doing?
5. What is Harper's farm?
(a) The farm that Billy and his wife own.
(b) Where black offenders go to be put on road gangs.
(c) A church group that rehabilitates criminals.
(d) Where Billy hids from the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
2. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
3. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
4. What happens when Billy goes into the general store to buy an orange soda?
5. How do Billy's enemies feel?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)