|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father of the girl Billy impregnates insist?
(a) He feed the baby for 21 years.
(b) He marry the girl.
(c) He move in with the both of them.
(d) He disappear never to return.
2. Why does Mrs. Boswell tell Leon he cannot go out to dance?
(a) He makes to much noise.
(b) He has razors on his shoes.
(c) He doesn't know the steps.
(d) He was too rude and mean to the narrator.
3. What does Billy do while William finishes school?
(a) Goes to school.
(b) Starts a farm.
(c) Becomes a preacher.
(d) Drives garbage truck.
4. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 13 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 3 years.
5. After whom are Billy and William named?
(b) Paternal grandfather.
(c) Maternal grandfather.
(d) Mother's favorite singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
2. What does Billy do as the prison guard leads him away?
3. What does Leon's costume have that clanks?
4. Why does the narrator want to go back to square dancing?
5. How do Billy's enemies feel?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)