|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father of the girl Billy impregnates insist?
(a) He disappear never to return.
(b) He marry the girl.
(c) He feed the baby for 21 years.
(d) He move in with the both of them.
2. Why do many of the boys get off at Gweneth's stop?
(a) To watch her walk away.
(b) To fight over who gets to walk her home.
(c) To be sure not to miss anything.
(d) To hear her say "bye y'all."
3. What does May Day mean each year?
(a) A celebration plaiting the maypole and square dancing.
(b) An explanation of the historical event.
(c) A rebellion of all that is Northern.
(d) A jitterbbugging contest.
4. What is Harper's farm?
(a) Where Billy hids from the law.
(b) A church group that rehabilitates criminals.
(c) Where black offenders go to be put on road gangs.
(d) The farm that Billy and his wife own.
5. Which of the following characters dismisses country music as a valid art form?
(b) Mrs. Boswell.
(c) Gloria's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Mrs. Boswell at recess that makes her laugh?
2. How many years is Billy at the farm before he is paroled?
3. Who is looking for Billy at the end of the tale?
4. What happens when Billy goes into the general store to buy an orange soda?
5. What does the narrator believe Mrs. Boswell is encouraging him to challenge?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)