|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Story of a Dead Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do many of the boys get off at Gweneth's stop?
(a) To hear her say "bye y'all."
(b) To watch her walk away.
(c) To fight over who gets to walk her home.
(d) To be sure not to miss anything.
2. What does Gweneth do to the narrator that he laughs at as he remembers it much later?
3. What is Harper's farm?
(a) A church group that rehabilitates criminals.
(b) The farm that Billy and his wife own.
(c) Where black offenders go to be put on road gangs.
(d) Where Billy hids from the law.
4. How long after Billy goes to work for Dillingham does the meeting in Chicago occur?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 13 years.
5. After whom are Billy and William named?
(a) Mother's favorite singer.
(c) Maternal grandfather.
(d) Paternal grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator's father refuse to write him another note?
2. Where is William hoping to meet Billy?
3. What is Billy Renfro accomplished at doing?
4. Which of the following characters dismisses country music as a valid art form?
5. What happens when Billy goes into the general store to buy an orange soda?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)