Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Widows and Orphans".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dewey say will happen if Willis cooperates with R.V.?
(a) He is not welcome in the gang.
(b) He will have to pay more money to the gang.
(c) Slick will kill him.
(d) The gang will find him.
2. Why does Mrs. Farragot ask Winfield to speak good English?
(a) To show that black men can be educated.
(b) To show her lawyer that he can.
(c) To ensure there is no miscommunication.
(d) Because white people otherwise do not understand.
3. Who does Mrs. Boswell use as her foil when telling the boys how to find wives?
(a) The narrator.
4. When does Willis say that it is crazy to confront someone?
(a) When others are watching.
(b) When their hands are hidden under a counter.
(c) When they have nothing to lose or give.
(d) When they work for Slick.
5. What does Billy do as the prison guard leads him away?
(a) Sings and laughs.
(b) Begs William to save him.
(c) Talks to his dead mother.
(d) Stares at William.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have people left Butler's church and gone to Rev. Tarwell's church?
2. What makes Billy appear to strut?
3. What does "everyone" know that Slick is in to?
4. What profession does Corliss Milford practice?
5. What has Louis learned that Clair might do?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)