"Why I like Country Music"
• The narrator of the story is married to Gloria.
• Gloria is from New York and does not like country music or anything she relates to the south.
• The narrator, on the other hand, has fond memories of square dancing when he was growing up in South Carolina and reflects on his fourth grade year.
• He fell in "love" with Gweneth Lawson who had a brown neck, braids and ribbons. He remembers her smelling of lemons.
• His teacher was strict and tried to raise the boys in the class to be ready to get married someday.
• Many of the boys in the class loved Gweneth, but the narrator's main rival was Leon who always seemed to outshine him.
• On May Day the class was to square dance and have a celebration of plaiting the maypole.
• The narrator saw that Gweneth was in the plaiters...
This section contains 2,549 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)