|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What consequence does Mrs. Sinklemann say she will be providing in response to Cece's cheating behavior?
(a) She says Cece will have to stay after school for detention.
(b) She says that Cece will be suspended for one day.
(c) She says that Cece will have to repeat a grade.
(d) She says Cece will receive a zero on the test.
2. For how many seconds does Ginny hold her flexed-arm hang?
3. Who invites Cece to come across the street to help her make "dirt soup" (121)?
4. What adjective does the destroyer of Cece's present from her father use to describe the present?
5. What other group does Cece say the physical education teacher thinks exists within the school, in addition to the athletic kids?
(a) The klutzes.
(b) The smart kids.
(c) The clumsy kids.
(d) Everyone else.
6. Who is Cece's fifth grade teacher?
(a) Mrs. Newton.
(b) Mrs. Lufton.
(c) Miss Garcia.
(d) Mrs. Sinklemann.
7. El Deafo tells Cece that Cece does not need superpowers in order to take what action?
(a) To laugh.
(b) To sing.
(c) To cry.
(d) To speak.
8. What is Cece's response when the girl across the street invites her to help make "dirt soup" (121)?
(a) Cece says the girl is immature.
(b) Cece adamantly refuses, but does not provide a reason.
(c) Cece agrees.
(d) Cece says she does not want to get dirty.
9. What question does Mike ask Cece when she is paying attention to El Deafo instead of him?
(a) If she likes him.
(b) If she wants to come over to his house.
(c) If she wants some ice cream.
(d) If she is okay.
10. What type of pencil does Cece's father bring her as a present from his trip?
11. What happens just before Mrs. Potts drops the microphone to the Phonic Ear on the ground?
(a) He gets the microphone tangled in his violin strings.
(b) He gets the microphone tangled in his beard.
(c) He gets the microphone tangled.
(d) He gets the microphone tangled in his spiral notebook.
12. Which teacher conducts the Presidential Physical Fitness Award tests?
(a) Mr. Potts.
(b) Mrs. Sinklemann.
(c) Miss Garcia.
(d) Mrs. Lufton.
13. Once Mr. Potts breaks Cece's microphone, what grades does she imagine earning on her next report card?
(a) F grades and NS grades.
(b) F grades and D grades.
(c) C grades and D grades.
(d) NS grades and NC grades.
14. How does Cece respond when Mike tells her that her curly pencil was cool and that he does not know why its destroyer had taken that action?
(a) She says nothing.
(b) She asks him to jump on the trampoline with her.
(c) She turns away while he is still speaking.
(d) She thanks him.
15. How long does the Phonic Ear company say it will take to fix Cece's microphone?
(a) Two to four weeks.
(b) One to two weeks.
(c) Four to six weeks.
(d) Three to five weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Cece imagine El Deafo using to lure her crush into her "loving arms" (138)?
2. What happens to Cece's present from her father when she shows it to the kids at the bus stop?
3. What adjective does Cece use to describe Mrs. Sinklemann's status as a teacher?
4. What new quality does Cece notice about Ginny when they finally spend time together again?
5. Though Cece says that during the summer she sometimes jumps on the trampoline by herself, she says that she usually jumps with which character?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)