|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author claim he has never passed himself off as?
2. What does the author call the young man's intellectual capacities?
3. What does the author claim he is not?
4. To what does he assert he sacrifices his life?
5. What does the author call the young man's condition of despair?
Essay Topic 1
The final chapter of EITHER/OR opens with a prayer. Discuss the content and significance of this prayer in relation to the final chapter and EITHER/OR as a whole. Cite specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What do we come to understand about the young man to whom the letter is written? Create and defend a detailed portrait of the young man using specific clues from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What does the author mean by the term "Either/Or"? Why is the concept central to human existence? Discuss citing three specific examples from the text.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)