Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is the young man's position in relation to philosophy?
2. What does the author call the young man's intellectual capacities?
3. What kind of person does the author say the young man is like?
4. What does the author claim the aesthetic is?
5. What does the author assert is more important than cultivating one's mind?
In the final chapter of EITHER/OR the author asserts it is upbuilding to realize that in relation to God we are always in the wrong? Elucidate the author's position in detail citing specific examples from the text.
Much of EITHER/OR takes the form of a letter written from an older man to a younger man. How does Kierkegaard use this format to accomplish his goals with the book? How might the message of the book feel different if it took another form? Discuss citing specific examples from the text.
The author writes of a folktale concerning Roland's three squires. Recount the tale and discuss its relationship to the concept of Either/Or citing specific examples from the text.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)