Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is the young man's position in relation to philosophy?
2. What does the author call the young man's intellectual capacities?
3. What kind of person does the author say the young man is like?
4. What does the author claim the aesthetic is?
5. What does the author assert is more important than cultivating one's mind?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author define "the ethical"? How does the author define "the esthetic"? How does the author propose the esthetic and the ethical should be balanced in human life? Defend or refute these assertions citing specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
What are the characteristics of the author of the letter? What kind of man is he? What is his life like? Create and defend a detailed portrait of the author of the letter citing specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What does the author mean by the term "Either/Or"? Why is the concept central to human existence? Discuss citing three specific examples from the text.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)