Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is the young man's position in relation to philosophy?
2. What does the author call the young man's intellectual capacities?
3. What kind of person does the author say the young man is like?
4. What does the author claim the aesthetic is?
5. What does the author assert is more important than cultivating one's mind?
The author discusses the forms of love extensively in EITHER/OR. How many different forms of love does the author identify? How are they distinct from one another and how do they relate to one another? What is the place of each form of love in a man's life? How does each form of love relate to marriage? Discuss citing specific examples from the text.
In the second chapter of EITHER/OR the author discusses mysticism at length. How does the author define mysticism? What is the author's attitude toward mysticism? What is the mystic's error? And finally, how does the mystic choose himself "abstractly"? Discuss citing specific examples to support your argument.
What is the attitude of the author of the letter towards marriage? What does the author see as the principle purpose of marriage? What mental attitudes does the author indicate work against marriage? How may these be overcome? Discuss citing specific examples from the text.
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)