|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 6, Aesthetic Validity of Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the opening phrase of the work?
(a) "Dear Friend,".
(b) "Red Fox to Chrome Eagle:".
(c) "Ladies and Gentlemen,".
(d) "Hey, guy,".
2. What effect does giving of thanks have on first love?
(a) Giving of thanks changes first love to hatred.
(b) Giving of thanks augments first love.
(c) Giving of thanks has no effect on first love.
(d) Giving of thanks decreases first love.
3. What aspect of love does the author say is momentary?
(a) The hateful aspect.
(b) The tender aspect.
(c) The sensuous aspect.
(d) The romantic aspect.
4. Who does Kirkegaard explain the letter was intended for?
(c) A young man.
5. What does the author say first love is for him?
(a) A password.
(b) A catch phrase.
(c) A bad word.
(d) A good word.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the quality of marital love's movements?
2. What does the author say one must transform to preserve the aesthetic in human beings?
3. What does the author say romantic love is built on?
4. What is the author's answer to the claim that poverty may be a serious difficulty for marriage?
5. Who is the only one who has a true conception of who he is according to the author?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)