|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 6, Aesthetic Validity of Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From who does the author say the secrecy system generally comes?
(a) The parents.
(b) The priests.
(c) The men.
(d) The women.
2. What effect does giving of thanks have on first love?
(a) Giving of thanks decreases first love.
(b) Giving of thanks has no effect on first love.
(c) Giving of thanks augments first love.
(d) Giving of thanks changes first love to hatred.
3. What does the author say he hates?
(a) All women.
(b) All purple drapes.
(c) All modern architecture.
(d) All imaginary constructing.
4. What is the quality of marital love's movements?
(a) Marital love's movements are inward.
(b) Marital love's movements are quick.
(c) Marital love's movements are outward.
(d) Marital love's movements are slow.
5. According to the author of the letter, to what does a religious person refer everything?
(b) The Virgin Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does first love not need according to the author?
2. What is the only way the author claims he would ever wish to be in relation to his wife?
3. What does the author say is the defect of his era?
4. What creature sends the author into "reverie"?
5. First love is equivalent to what type of faith according to the author?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)