|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 6, Aesthetic Validity of Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the author compare the engagement period?
(a) The time one spends at the hair salon.
(b) Being held underwater, dying for a gasp of fresh air.
(c) The time it takes many people to dive into the water when they go swimming.
(d) Being tortured on the rack.
2. The author asserts that just as nothing is impossible for God, nothing is impossible for whom?
(a) The humble individual.
(b) The powerful individual.
(c) The pure individual.
(d) The religious individual.
3. Where does the author say the young man might be intoxicated by aesthetic pleasure?
(a) A cricket match.
(b) An art gallery.
(c) The theatre.
(d) A baseball game.
4. What does the author say is the most intensive enjoyment?
(a) Drug taking.
(b) Dreaming as if you would live forever.
(c) Clutching the enjoyment in the consciousness that it may vanish in the next moment.
(d) Sexual intercourse.
5. What does the author assert reflective love does?
(a) The author asserts reflective love does not exist.
(b) Renews itself.
(c) Hates itself.
(d) Consumes itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author say he must always be with the young man?
2. What is adversity according to the author?
3. What does an individual become when his heart is open according to the author?
4. What is David unable to appreciate about the parable?
5. What does the author say God's love is?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)