|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 6, Aesthetic Validity of Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the opening phrase of the work?
(a) "Ladies and Gentlemen,".
(b) "Dear Friend,".
(c) "Hey, guy,".
(d) "Red Fox to Chrome Eagle:".
2. What is the only way the author claims he would ever wish to be in relation to his wife?
3. What does Byron declare about love according to the author?
(a) Love is irrelevant and marriage is significant.
(b) Love torment and marriage is peace.
(c) Love is false and marriage is true.
(d) Love is heaven and marriage is hell.
4. What is David unable to appreciate about the parable?
(a) David is unable to appreciate Nathan's literary skill.
(b) David is unable to appreciate how the parable applies to his own life.
(c) David is unable to appreciate the time Nathan takes to convey the parable.
(d) David is unable to appreciate the hidden language of heaven in the parable.
5. What does the author say romantic love is built on?
(a) A rock.
(b) An illusion.
(c) An undeniable reality.
(d) An ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say first love is for him?
2. What is the reader to understand about the content of Kierkegaard's letter?
3. What effect does giving of thanks have on first love?
4. How does the author say the young man lives?
5. What does the author say is the most intensive enjoyment?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)