|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 5, Aesthetic Validity of Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one word does the author say can describe love?
(a) It is excruciating.
(b) It is light.
(c) It is futile.
(d) It is immediate.
2. The author asserts that it might seem proper for marital love to begin with a kind of what?
3. The author claims what kind of feelings toward his wife?
(a) Feelings of sadness.
(b) Feelings of anger.
(c) Feelings of anxiety.
(d) Feelings of devotion.
4. What does the author say God's love is?
5. What effect does giving of thanks have on first love?
(a) Giving of thanks changes first love to hatred.
(b) Giving of thanks has no effect on first love.
(c) Giving of thanks decreases first love.
(d) Giving of thanks augments first love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say that every order of life, including marriage, has?
2. What does the author say that the first love always is?
3. What does the author say the actual experience of love is?
4. What does first love not fear according to the author?
5. At what moment is love annihilated according to the author?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)