|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 5, Aesthetic Validity of Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the quality of marital love's movements?
(a) Marital love's movements are slow.
(b) Marital love's movements are inward.
(c) Marital love's movements are outward.
(d) Marital love's movements are quick.
2. How does marital love manifest itself as historical?
(a) By being a process of destroying.
(b) By being a process of assimilation.
(c) By being a process of dominating.
(d) By being a process of history.
3. What does first love not fear according to the author?
4. What is adversity according to the author?
(a) The death of marriage.
(b) Part of marriage.
(c) The end of one's life.
(d) The beginning of a love affair.
5. How ought we deal with the frail according to the author?
(a) We ought to be polite to the frail in their presence and save our snickering for when they are gone.
(b) We ought to speak very slowly to the frail.
(c) We ought to deal with the frail lovingly.
(d) We ought to kick the frail down the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does giving of thanks have on first love?
2. What does the author say that every order of life, including marriage, has?
3. What is the only thing for which the author prays to God with his whole heart?
4. What is David unable to appreciate about the parable?
5. What does the author say would be a matter of indifference to Christians?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)