|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 5, Aesthetic Validity of Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what moment is love annihilated according to the author?
(a) The moment it doubts.
(b) The moment it becomes hate.
(c) The moment it becomes conscious of itself.
(d) The moment it sins.
2. What occasion caused the young man to fume according to the author?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A church wedding.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A Mayday party.
3. What is the first subject Kierkegaard discusses?
4. In addition to having a priority in itself, what other quality does marital love possess according to the author?
5. Why is the author accustomed to writing on this particular object?
(a) Because he is a public official.
(b) Because he lives in ancient Egypt.
(c) Because he is blind.
(d) Because he lives in modern India.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what kind of wedding ceremony does the author of the letter refer?
2. How does the author say the young man lives?
3. What does first love not need according to the author?
4. What is the opening phrase of the work?
5. What does first love not fear according to the author?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)