|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 4, Aesthetic Validity of Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between marriage and first love according to the author?
(a) Marriage is the equivalent of first love.
(b) Marriage is the transfiguration of first love.
(c) Marriage is the annihilation of first love.
(d) There is no relationship between marriage and first love according to the author.
2. What does the author say the actual experience of love is?
(a) An awakening.
(b) Deeply painful.
(c) A falling backward.
(d) A pretty song.
3. What is the author's stated attitude toward these feelings?
(a) The author writes that the feelings are aberrant.
(b) The author writes that the feelings are the best kind of feelings.
(c) The author writes that the feelings are disturbing.
(d) The author writes that the feelings are entirely natural.
4. What is the author of the letter accustomed to writing on?
(a) Full sheets.
(b) Tablets of stone.
5. What does David understand about the parable?
(a) David understands the message of the parable.
(b) David does not understand the parable at all.
(c) David understands how the parable applies to him.
(d) David understands Nathan is merely trying to manipulate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe a couple's connection in a marriage of convenience?
2. What creature sends the author into "reverie"?
3. The author claims what kind of feelings toward his wife?
4. What does the author say is the defect of his era?
5. What does the author say is the most intensive enjoyment?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)