|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 4, Aesthetic Validity of Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing for which the author thanks God with his whole soul?
(a) That his wife has many hobbies which keep her occupied.
(b) That his wife is the last person he will ever love.
(c) That his wife loves him with all her heart.
(d) That his wife is the only woman he has ever loved.
2. What does the author assert reflective love does?
(a) The author asserts reflective love does not exist.
(b) Consumes itself.
(c) Hates itself.
(d) Renews itself.
3. What quality does the author say love shares with everything eternal?
(a) A quality of lameness.
(b) A quality of sexiness.
(c) A quality of ephemerality.
(d) A quality of duplexity.
4. What does the author say his era has discerned about romantic love very well?
(a) The weakness of it.
(b) The fleeting quality of it.
(c) The non-existence of it.
(d) The strength of it.
5. What does the author say that every order of life, including marriage, has?
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of love does the author say is momentary?
2. According to the author, true marriage includes the religious and what other element?
3. What does the author say belongs in every marriage but is missing from a marriage of convenience?
4. To what religion does the author say marriage belongs?
5. What does the author believe accounts for the young man's excessive anxiety?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)