|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 4, Aesthetic Validity of Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what religion does the author say marriage belongs?
2. What does the author say would be a matter of indifference to Christians?
(a) Whether Christ physically rose from the dead.
(b) Whether Christ was born in December or July.
(c) Whether Christ was ugly or handsome.
(d) Whether Christ was literally an incarnation of almighty God.
3. What is the middle course that the "marriage of convenience" takes according to the author?
(a) The middle course is the path between immediate love, and calculating understanding.
(b) The middle course is the path between comfort and tribulation.
(c) The middle course is the path between youth and maturity.
(d) The middle course is the path between love and hate.
4. The author asserts that it might seem proper for marital love to begin with a kind of what?
5. What does the author say that every order of life, including marriage, has?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is the most intensive enjoyment?
2. To what kind of wedding ceremony does the author of the letter refer?
3. What does the author say is the defect of his era?
4. Between what two things does the writer say there may exist a significant difference?
5. How does the author say the young man may best perceive the state that precedes first love?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)