|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 4, Aesthetic Validity of Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to having a priority in itself, what other quality does marital love possess according to the author?
2. What does first love not need according to the author?
3. What is the only thing for which the author thanks God with his whole soul?
(a) That his wife is the last person he will ever love.
(b) That his wife loves him with all her heart.
(c) That his wife has many hobbies which keep her occupied.
(d) That his wife is the only woman he has ever loved.
4. What one word does the author say can describe love?
(a) It is excruciating.
(b) It is futile.
(c) It is light.
(d) It is immediate.
5. What is the only way the author claims he would ever wish to be in relation to his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second subject Kierkegaard examines?
2. What is ostensibly one of the most respectable reasons for getting married according to the author?
3. Why is "sympathetic" depression noble according to the author of the letter?
4. How does marital love manifest itself as historical?
5. Who does Kirkegaard explain the letter was intended for?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)