|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 8, Equilibrium.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say he hates?
(a) All women.
(b) All purple drapes.
(c) All modern architecture.
(d) All imaginary constructing.
2. To what religion does the author say marriage belongs?
3. How does the concept the author mentions act on him?
(a) It makes him quite angry.
(b) It spurs his will to action.
(c) It makes him exceedingly earnest.
(d) It fills his soul with peace.
4. What does Either/Or represent?
(a) Marital fidelity.
(b) An album of music.
(c) Choice in human life.
(d) The capital of Denmark.
5. What concept does the author of the letter introduce at the beginning of this section?
(a) The concept of bilocation.
(b) The concept of Either/Or.
(c) The concept of moral accountability.
(d) The concept of relativity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say happens to people who deceive others for an extended period?
2. What quality does the author say love shares with everything eternal?
3. The author asserts that it might seem proper for marital love to begin with a kind of what?
4. What does first love not fear according to the author?
5. If a sailor is enchanted by a mermaid's song, what is the only way to break the spell according to the author?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)