|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 8, Equilibrium.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's answer to the claim that poverty may be a serious difficulty for marriage?
2. What are the excesses of the mystics according to the author of the letter?
(a) Attempting to help every person they come across.
(b) Drinking and drug taking.
(c) Self-tormenting and annihilation of the physical.
(d) Praying all day and all night.
3. What does the author say happens to people who deceive others for an extended period?
(a) Such people get elected to public office.
(b) Such people live ever more happily.
(c) Such people become dim-witted.
(d) Such people become unable to show their true natures.
4. What does the author claim Martin Luther said a Christian has never died of?
5. What does first love not fear according to the author?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wherein is contained the whole wisdom of life according to the author?
2. What does the author say would be a matter of indifference to Christians?
3. When discussing adversity with the young man, against what does the author warn?
4. According to the author, what happens to the value of an original, or first, thing if it may be repeated?
5. Who does the author say cannot love?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)