|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 8, Equilibrium.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person who has gained everything according to the author?
(a) The person who has laughed at the faults of another.
(b) The person who has gained everything in the world.
(c) The person who has lost everything in the world.
(d) The person who has laughed at his faults.
2. What moment does the newly married couple attempt to postpone?
(a) The moment the couple realizes they are bored.
(b) The moment of tenderness.
(c) The moment of consummation.
(d) The moment of risk.
3. What does the author say he hates?
(a) All purple drapes.
(b) All modern architecture.
(c) All women.
(d) All imaginary constructing.
4. What is adversity according to the author?
(a) The beginning of a love affair.
(b) The death of marriage.
(c) The end of one's life.
(d) Part of marriage.
5. What does the author say would be a matter of indifference to Christians?
(a) Whether Christ was literally an incarnation of almighty God.
(b) Whether Christ physically rose from the dead.
(c) Whether Christ was ugly or handsome.
(d) Whether Christ was born in December or July.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, true marriage includes the religious and what other element?
2. If a sailor is enchanted by a mermaid's song, what is the only way to break the spell according to the author?
3. What creature sends the author into "reverie"?
4. Wherein is contained the whole wisdom of life according to the author?
5. What is the one the thing the author says he thanks God for?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)