|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 8, Equilibrium.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is it said that married folk should live according to the author?
(a) In good understanding of one another.
(b) In confusion.
(c) In utter silence.
(d) In never-ending bliss.
2. The author claims there is the deepest relationship between what two things?
(a) A man and woman who have gotten divorced.
(b) A choice and the people surrounding the person choosing.
(c) Denmark and Norway.
(d) A choice and the one who is choosing.
3. Why must a captain of a ship make swift decisions about direction changes?
(a) Because while the captain is deciding, the ship continues forward at a constant velocity.
(b) Because the captain's crew is rather inept.
(c) Because the captain constantly changes his mind.
(d) Because the captain's ship is old and takes along time to adjust its course.
4. Who does the author say has triumphed?
(a) The man who earns enough money to provide for his family.
(b) The man who puts the state of his relationship with his wife at the top of his list of concerns.
(c) The man who defeats all of his adversaries in business.
(d) The man who dominates his wife.
5. What does the author say would be a matter of indifference to Christians?
(a) Whether Christ was literally an incarnation of almighty God.
(b) Whether Christ was born in December or July.
(c) Whether Christ was ugly or handsome.
(d) Whether Christ physically rose from the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between marriage and first love according to the author?
2. What does Byron declare about love according to the author?
3. When discussing adversity with the young man, against what does the author warn?
4. How does the concept the author mentions act on him?
5. What is the quality of marital love's movements?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)