|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 10, Equilibrium.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author write is on the other side of the aesthetic?
(a) The joyous.
(b) The hateful.
(c) The indifferent.
(d) The romantic.
2. What natural need does every human being have according to the author?
(a) The need to marry.
(b) The need to exonerate himself.
(c) The need to formulate a life view.
(d) The need to find God.
3. What does the author believe accounts for the young man's excessive anxiety?
(a) The author believes the young man is afraid of missing all the frivolity of the engagement period.
(b) The author believes the young man is afraid of death.
(c) The author believes the young man is afraid of missing the erotic moment.
(d) The author believes the young man is afraid of his father.
4. The author claims what kind of feelings toward his wife?
(a) Feelings of devotion.
(b) Feelings of sadness.
(c) Feelings of anxiety.
(d) Feelings of anger.
5. What occasion caused the young man to fume according to the author?
(a) A Mayday party.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A church wedding.
(d) A birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say an aesthetic representation requires?
2. Why does the author say it seems superfluous to tell the young man what is aesthetic?
3. How does the author describe the way of history?
4. What does the author claim the aesthetic is?
5. Why does the author say he fights for Either/Or in his letter to the young man?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)