|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the middle-aged man in the "2 June 1905" dream hope to know about that no one else has ever known?
2. What is wrong with the people who live in the world described in the "20 May 1905" dream?
3. How is the world described in the "15 June 1905" dream?
4. In the "17 June 1905" dream, why is the baker yelling at a woman?
5. How old is the young woman, in the "15 June 190" dream, when she finally stops her travel into the future?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the two different views people of the 15 June 1905 world can have.
2. Why have some inhabitants of the 29 May 1905 world become frustrated and despondent?
3. What happens to the "withered woman" from the 2 June 1905 dream?
4. Describe the life of a "Now."
5. In the second Interlude, to what does Besso compare Einstein's present health?
6. Why do sunset and sunrise babies become frightened when the light changes?
7. How does the narrator describe the phenomenon of people only living one day in the 3 June 1905 dream?
8. What is the biggest problem associated with living in the 20 May 1905 world?
9. How did the notion of the speed effect come to be known?
10. According to the 3 June 1905 dream, describe how a person born in December exists.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Einstein's health is a major concern for Besso. Why do you believe that Besso is concerned about Einstein's health? Are there any specific examples given in the Interludes that would make one think that there was reason for Besso's concern? Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses.
Essay Topic 2
Take into consideration the many different representations of time described in the novel. Find the most realistic representation of time, described in a dream, and build a case as to why it is the most reasonable representation of what time could be. Be sure to use textual based examples to prove why this representation could exist in reality.
Essay Topic 3
Answer the following essay question being sure to use at least two examples and fully explaining the reasoning behind your answer:
- What is your least favorite dream from "Einstein's Dreams" and why?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)