|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is time described in the "17 June 1905" dream?
2. How does time move in the world described in the 2 June 1905 dream?
3. How old is the young woman, in the "15 June 190" dream, when she finally stops her travel into the future?
4. According to the narrator, in the world described in the "22 May 1905" dream, what happens to people who have not had "their vision"?
5. How can Besso tell that Einstein is making progress on his theory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Answer the following essay question being sure to use at least two examples while fully explaining why the textual evidence is being used:
- What is your favorite dream from "Einstein's Dreams" and why?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the representation of time and dreams in the novel. Can you find any links that actualize the parallels between dreams and time? Cite three examples from the text that show commonalities between dreams and time. Discuss these parallels in a comparison essay.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Great Clock. What problems are associated with placing all trust in a manmade object? What are the benefits associated with placing all trust in a synthetic object? Would you choose to place you life in the motion of the clock or not? Why? Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses.
This section contains 1,402 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)