|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "5 June 1905" dream, how does this world seem?
2. In the "17 June 1905" dream, why is the baker yelling at a woman?
3. Who is the author of the paper that Einstein left on Besso's desk?
4. How old is the young woman, in the "15 June 190" dream, when she finally stops her travel into the future?
5. What time of the day is it at the beginning of the second Interlude?
Essay Topic 1
Reread the "8 May 1905" dream. Given the similar state of our world today (12-12-12 end of the world), whether you believe that the end of the world coincides with the end of the Mayan calendar, do you believe the movements described in the novel are believable? Why or why not? How do you think the period of time described in the novel should be spent? Why? Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Einstein and Besso. Who do you think the relationship is more important to? Why? Who do you think the relationship is more taxing on? Why? Is the relationship relevant to the understanding of the novel? Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the representation of time and dreams in the novel. Can you find any links that actualize the parallels between dreams and time? Cite three examples from the text that show commonalities between dreams and time. Discuss these parallels in a comparison essay.
This section contains 1,345 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)