Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the paper that Einstein left on Besso's desk?
2. What does the narrator want readers to "suppose" in the "9 June 1905" dream?
3. How are events triggered in the world described in the "10 June 1905" dream?
4. What do all of the people of the world described in the "9 June 1905" dream have in common?
5. What time of the day is it at the beginning of the second Interlude?
Discuss the Great Clock. What problems are associated with placing all trust in a manmade object? What are the benefits associated with placing all trust in a synthetic object? Would you choose to place you life in the motion of the clock or not? Why? Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses.
In the novel, do you believe the past is just as important as the present and future? Why? What evidence from the novel leads you to believe this? Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses.
Einstein's health is a major concern for Besso. Why do you believe that Besso is concerned about Einstein's health? Are there any specific examples given in the Interludes that would make one think that there was reason for Besso's concern? Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)