Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the paper that Einstein left on Besso's desk?
2. What does the narrator want readers to "suppose" in the "9 June 1905" dream?
3. How are events triggered in the world described in the "10 June 1905" dream?
4. What do all of the people of the world described in the "9 June 1905" dream have in common?
5. What time of the day is it at the beginning of the second Interlude?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the formatting of the novel. Choose one of the following prompts discussing the formatting of the novel:
- Were you confused by the dates of the chapters and the meaning behind them?
- When did you realize the chapters were describing dreams and not realities for the novel?
- Why do you believe that readers are not given more information on Einstein himself about the movement of the novel?
- Do you think that this adds to the flow of the novel or hinders the flow of it?
- What relevance does Besso play in the novel?
- Why does the reader see more of his thoughts than Einstein's?
Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses.
Essay Topic 2
Reread the 3 June 1905 dream. What "problems" do you find exist in this dream? What realities could actually exist in this world and what "realities" could not? What are the forces that work against each other in this dream? Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Einstein and Besso. Who do you think the relationship is more important to? Why? Who do you think the relationship is more taxing on? Why? Is the relationship relevant to the understanding of the novel? Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses.
This section contains 1,374 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)