|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the paper that Einstein left on Besso's desk?
2. What does the narrator want readers to "suppose" in the "9 June 1905" dream?
3. How are events triggered in the world described in the "10 June 1905" dream?
4. What do all of the people of the world described in the "9 June 1905" dream have in common?
5. What time of the day is it at the beginning of the second Interlude?
Essay Topic 1
Choose a representation of time from the novel and examine why it is not a realistic representation of time. Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses as to why this "world" is the most unrealistic from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, do you believe the past is just as important as the present and future? Why? What evidence from the novel leads you to believe this? Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses.
Essay Topic 3
Einstein's health is a major concern for Besso. Why do you believe that Besso is concerned about Einstein's health? Are there any specific examples given in the Interludes that would make one think that there was reason for Besso's concern? Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses.
This section contains 1,374 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)