|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the population of the cities in the "9 June 1905" dreams split?
2. Who is responsible for discovering the "speed effect?"
3. For people in the world described in the "20 May 1905" dream, what does each one carry?
4. Who is the author of the paper that Einstein left on Besso's desk?
5. According to the narrator, in the world described in the "22 May 1905" dream, what happens to people who have not had "their vision"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Answer the following essay question being sure to use at least two examples and fully explaining the reasoning behind your answer:
- What is your least favorite dream from "Einstein's Dreams" and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Einstein and Besso. Who do you think the relationship is more important to? Why? Who do you think the relationship is more taxing on? Why? Is the relationship relevant to the understanding of the novel? Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Great Clock. What problems are associated with placing all trust in a manmade object? What are the benefits associated with placing all trust in a synthetic object? Would you choose to place you life in the motion of the clock or not? Why? Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses.
This section contains 1,419 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)