|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to time in the "14 May 1905" dream?
2. According to the narrator in the "28 April 1905" dream, what is visible in all places?
3. Where do the Swiss and English couples meet yearly?
4. Where is Besso's visitor from?
5. For the town described in the "4 May 1905" dream, times passes, but what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tragedy of the world described in the 10 May 1905 dream?
2. Why does Besso think that Einstein is capable of anything?
3. What happens one month before the world ends?
4. Why does Besso believe that there are problems with Einstein's reasoning behind his creation of a theory of time?
5. For the world described in the 11 May 1905 dream, describe the differences between the past and the future.
6. What happens to travelers as they enter the world described in the 14 May 1905 dream?
7. Why is there no communication between people of the present and people from the future? (16 April 1905)
8. Why do people in the 26 April 1905 dream choose to live in the mountains?
9. Describe Einstein's appearance at the patent office.
10. Explain the meeting between the two couples in the 4 May 1905 dream.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Take into consideration the many different representations of time described in the novel. Find the most realistic representation of time, described in a dream, and build a case as to why it is the most reasonable representation of what time could be. Be sure to use textual based examples to prove why this representation could exist in reality.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Einstein and Besso. Who do you think the relationship is more important to? Why? Who do you think the relationship is more taxing on? Why? Is the relationship relevant to the understanding of the novel? Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses.
Essay Topic 3
Answer the following essay question being sure to use at least two examples while fully explaining why the textual evidence is being used:
- What is your favorite dream from "Einstein's Dreams" and why?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)