|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are gaps described as in this world's time, the "17 June 1905" dream?
(a) Somewhat noticeable that people make small readjustments and continue.
(b) So overly noticeable that some people go insane.
(d) So noticeable that people are confused.
2. In the "2 June 1905" dream, how does the story of the woman end?
(a) The "woman" in her mother's womb.
(b) The "woman" at her birth.
(c) The "woman" nursing.
(d) The "woman" at her graduation from gymnasium.
3. What actions of Einstein's surprised Besso when he looked like Einstein does now?
(a) Einstein took Besso into his home and cared for him for a month.
(b) When Einstein quit his own job to care for Besso.
(c) When Einstein came to Besso's home to care for him.
(d) When Einstein took a leave from work to travel with Besso on a personal health vacation.
4. What does the narrator want readers to imagine in the "3 June 1905" dream?
(a) That people live for only 2 days.
(b) That people live for only 12 hours.
(c) That people live only one day.
(d) That people live for only 36 hours.
5. In the "15 June 1905" dream, what is the young woman staring at?
(a) A photograph of her as a child.
(b) A photograph of her boyfriend.
(c) A photograph of a swing in her yard.
(d) A photograph of her dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some people, in the world described in the "29 May 1905" dream, refuse to look out their windows?
2. In the third Interlude, where are Einstein and Besso?
3. According to the "29 May 1905" dream, why does this world exist as it does?
4. What is Einstein eating in the second Interlude?
5. What happens to the people in the world, described in the "10 June 1905" dream, who attempt to quantify time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the young woman at no. 27 Viktoriastrasse doing right before she thrusts herself into the future?
2. For the world described in the 29 May 1905 dream, why are the inhabitants constantly in motion?
3. Why do sunset and sunrise babies become frightened when the light changes?
4. What has the young woman at no. 27 Viktoriastrasse missed in her life because of the sudden thrust into the future?
5. In the 22 May 1905 dream, what happens for those who have seen a glimpse of their future?
6. Describe the way that time is experienced in the 5 June 1905 dream.
7. What options do people have when it comes to reading their Book of Life?
8. Describe what happens between the baker and the woman in the 17 June 1905 dream.
9. How did the notion of the speed effect come to be known?
10. Why does the man at the graveside refuse to weep for his deceased friend?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)