|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the world actually seen by its residents in the "5 June 1905" dream?
(a) As though looking through the same camera for all inhabitants.
(b) Through the senses.
(c) Through sight alone.
(d) Through different lenses by different people.
2. How is time described in the "17 June 1905" dream?
(a) As flashes.
(b) As discontinuous.
(c) As explosive.
(d) As continuous.
3. For people in the world described in the "20 May 1905" dream, what does each one carry?
(a) A cross to ward off evil.
(b) Their own personal Book of Life.
(c) Their own record of sins.
(d) Personal cameras to record their visits.
4. What does the middle-aged man in the "2 June 1905" dream hope to know about that no one else has ever known?
(a) Facts about light.
(b) Laws of Time.
5. What actions of Einstein's surprised Besso when he looked like Einstein does now?
(a) When Einstein took a leave from work to travel with Besso on a personal health vacation.
(b) Einstein took Besso into his home and cared for him for a month.
(c) When Einstein quit his own job to care for Besso.
(d) When Einstein came to Besso's home to care for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago, in the "17 June 1905" dream, did the lovers meet?
2. In the "17 June 1905" dream, why does the young man tell his lover that he cannot see her again?
3. What invention preceded the notice of the "speed effect"?
4. According to the narrator, the world described in the "11 June 1905" dream, is a world without what?
5. In the "15 June 1905" dream, how many years in the future does the young woman go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the notion of the speed effect come to be known?
2. Why do sunset and sunrise babies become frightened when the light changes?
3. For the world described in the 29 May 1905 dream, why are the inhabitants constantly in motion?
4. What has the young woman at no. 27 Viktoriastrasse missed in her life because of the sudden thrust into the future?
5. In the 22 May 1905 dream, what happens for those who have seen a glimpse of their future?
6. Describe what happens between the baker and the woman in the 17 June 1905 dream.
7. What is the biggest problem associated with living in the 20 May 1905 world?
8. Describe the life of a "Now."
9. Describe the way that time is experienced in the 5 June 1905 dream.
10. How does the narrator describe the phenomenon of people only living one day in the 3 June 1905 dream?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)