|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are gaps described as in this world's time, the "17 June 1905" dream?
(a) Somewhat noticeable that people make small readjustments and continue.
(b) So overly noticeable that some people go insane.
(d) So noticeable that people are confused.
2. Why does the man at the graveside ("2 June 1905" dream) not weep for his friend?
(a) His friend lived a very good life and he refuses to mourn him.
(b) The man has no tears left given his friend has had a very long sickness leading up to his death.
(c) His friend will be with him again given that time moves backward in this world.
(d) The man believes in a second life better than the first.
3. What is time, in the "17 June 1905" dream, described as?
(a) A stretch of veins in the human body.
(b) A stretch of nerve fibers.
(c) A congested interstate.
(d) A length of braided rope.
4. In the world described in the "3 June 1905" dream, how do people learn about the seasons?
(a) From books.
(b) Through museums.
(c) Through notes from the dead.
(d) Through pictures.
5. For people in the world described in the "20 May 1905" dream, what does each one carry?
(a) Their own personal Book of Life.
(b) Personal cameras to record their visits.
(c) Their own record of sins.
(d) A cross to ward off evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the young man choose to return to his proper place in time rather than staying a few minutes in the future in the "15 June 1905" dream?
2. What does the middle-aged man in the "2 June 1905" dream hope to know about that no one else has ever known?
3. What does the narrator want readers to imagine in the "3 June 1905" dream?
4. How is time described in the "17 June 1905" dream?
5. Who is carried into the woman's home (in the "2 June 1905" dream)?
Short Essay Questions
1. What options do people have when it comes to reading their Book of Life?
2. Describe the two different views people of the 15 June 1905 world can have.
3. Why does the man at the graveside refuse to weep for his deceased friend?
4. Describe the cafe that stands on the corner of Kramgasse and Theaterplatz.
5. Describe the life of a peach in the world where time travels in reverse.
6. Why have some inhabitants of the 29 May 1905 world become frustrated and despondent?
7. How did the notion of the speed effect come to be known?
8. Why does the young man in the 17 June 1905 dream leave his lover and tell her he cannot see her again?
9. Why do sunset and sunrise babies become frightened when the light changes?
10. Describe the life of a "Now."
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)