|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the third Interlude, what does Besso say that he sees in the clouds?
(a) A man on a horse.
(b) A dog chasing a child.
(c) A dog chasing a rabbit.
(d) A goat chasing a man.
2. In the "2 June 1905" dream, how does the story of the woman end?
(a) The "woman" nursing.
(b) The "woman" at her graduation from gymnasium.
(c) The "woman" in her mother's womb.
(d) The "woman" at her birth.
3. According to the "29 May 1905" dream, why does this world exist as it does?
(a) Time passes more slowly for those in motion.
(b) Time passes in slow motion.
(c) Time passes more slowly for those who keep order.
(d) Time passes more slowly for those in distress.
4. How is the world actually seen by its residents in the "5 June 1905" dream?
(a) Through the senses.
(b) Through sight alone.
(c) Through different lenses by different people.
(d) As though looking through the same camera for all inhabitants.
5. How are events triggered in the world described in the "10 June 1905" dream?
(a) By other events.
(b) By meeting standards.
(c) By measurements.
(d) By time alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator want readers to imagine in the "3 June 1905" dream?
2. Why does the man at the graveside ("2 June 1905" dream) not weep for his friend?
3. According to the narrator, the world described in the "11 June 1905" dream, is a world without what?
4. How does time move in the world described in the 2 June 1905 dream?
5. In the "11 June 1905" dream, imagining the _____________ is no more possible than seeing colors beyond _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the phenomenon of people only living one day in the 3 June 1905 dream?
2. What happens to the "withered woman" from the 2 June 1905 dream?
3. Why have some inhabitants of the 29 May 1905 world become frustrated and despondent?
4. In the 22 May 1905 dream, what happens for those who have not seen a glimpse of their future yet?
5. In the second Interlude, to what does Besso compare Einstein's present health?
6. For the world described in the 29 May 1905 dream, why are the inhabitants constantly in motion?
7. What options do people have when it comes to reading their Book of Life?
8. Why does the man at the graveside refuse to weep for his deceased friend?
9. Why does the young man in the 17 June 1905 dream leave his lover and tell her he cannot see her again?
10. Describe the cafe that stands on the corner of Kramgasse and Theaterplatz.
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)