|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Besso invite Einstein to come to at the close of the second Interlude?
(a) To dinner at the Basin Park Hotel.
(b) To dinner at Besso's home.
(c) To the Colombia Restaurant for dinner.
(d) To the Ristorante Cooperativo for dinner.
2. Who is carried into the woman's home (in the "2 June 1905" dream)?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. What does the middle-aged man in the "2 June 1905" dream hope to know about that no one else has ever known?
(a) Laws of Time.
(d) Facts about light.
4. According to the "22 May 1905" dream, how does time flow in the world described?
(a) In alternating phases of fast and slow.
(b) Unevenly and fitfully.
(c) In accelerating spurts.
(d) Smoothly and consistently.
5. How are events triggered in the world described in the "10 June 1905" dream?
(a) By meeting standards.
(b) By measurements.
(c) By other events.
(d) By time alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "20 May 1905 dream, what must people do at the end of the day?
2. According to the "5 June 1905" dream, how does this world seem?
3. How do the Laters walk and dress?
4. What happens to the woman described in the "2 June 1905" dream?
5. What happens to the people in the world, described in the "10 June 1905" dream, who attempt to quantify time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the young woman at no. 27 Viktoriastrasse doing right before she thrusts herself into the future?
2. In the 22 May 1905 dream, what happens for those who have not seen a glimpse of their future yet?
3. How does the narrator describe the phenomenon of people only living one day in the 3 June 1905 dream?
4. Why does the man at the graveside refuse to weep for his deceased friend?
5. What options do people have when it comes to reading their Book of Life?
6. In the second Interlude, to what does Besso compare Einstein's present health?
7. Describe the life of a "Now."
8. How does the narrator describe a world without a future?
9. Why does the young man in the 17 June 1905 dream leave his lover and tell her he cannot see her again?
10. In the 22 May 1905 dream, what happens for those who have seen a glimpse of their future?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)