|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Laters walk and dress?
(a) The Laters walk absentmindedly and wear long dress like clothing.
(b) The Laters walk hurriedly so as to not be accosted into doing something now and they wear robes.
(c) The Laters walk when they have to only and wear bed-clothes at all times.
(d) The Laters walk with an easy gait and dress in loose fitting clothes.
2. What does the middle-aged man in the "2 June 1905" dream hope to know about that no one else has ever known?
(b) Laws of Time.
(d) Facts about light.
3. What does the middle-aged man receive during the "2 June 1905" dream?
(a) The Georg Büchner Prize.
(b) A Nobel Prize for literature.
(c) A Humanitarian Award.
(d) A Nobel Prize for physics.
4. In the "11 June 1905" dream, imagining the _____________ is no more possible than seeing colors beyond _______________.
(b) Future/ Violet.
5. What invention preceded the notice of the "speed effect"?
(a) The Wright Brothers' invention of the first engine plane.
(b) Newton's invention of the laws of universal gravitation and motion.
(c) Da Vinci's invention of the parachute.
(d) The invention of the internal combustion engine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the "15 June 1905" dream, what is the young woman staring at?
2. In the "17 June 1905" dream, why does the young man tell his lover that he cannot see her again?
3. Who is carried into the woman's home (in the "2 June 1905" dream)?
4. Why does the man at the graveside ("2 June 1905" dream) not weep for his friend?
5. What are gaps described as in this world's time, the "17 June 1905" dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. For the world described in the 29 May 1905 dream, why are the inhabitants constantly in motion?
2. How did the notion of the speed effect come to be known?
3. What options do people have when it comes to reading their Book of Life?
4. What has the young woman at no. 27 Viktoriastrasse missed in her life because of the sudden thrust into the future?
5. How does the narrator describe a world without a future?
6. In the 22 May 1905 dream, what happens for those who have seen a glimpse of their future?
7. Why have some inhabitants of the 29 May 1905 world become frustrated and despondent?
8. What is the young woman at no. 27 Viktoriastrasse doing right before she thrusts herself into the future?
9. Describe the life of a "Now."
10. Why do sunset and sunrise babies become frightened when the light changes?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)