|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, in the world described in the "22 May 1905" dream, what happens to people who have had "their vision"?
(a) Their world is one of constant failures.
(b) Their world is fragmented.
(c) Their world is one of guaranteed success.
(d) Their world is one of uncompleted plans.
2. What animal are people who heed time compared to in the 3 June 1905 dream?
3. According to the narrator in the "22 May 1905" dream, a world that gives brief scenes from the future, what kinds of risks do people take?
(a) None at all.
(c) Only the risks that concern their children.
(d) Everything a person does is a risk.
4. How can Besso tell that Einstein is making progress on his theory?
(a) The way that Einstein's eye look glassed over.
(b) The erratic way Einstein's hair is jutting out in all directions.
(c) The fact that Einstein has not changed clothes in three days.
(d) The dark circles under Einstein's eyes.
5. According to Besso, what does Einstein live without?
Short Answer Questions
1. What actions of Einstein's surprised Besso when he looked like Einstein does now?
2. How are events triggered in the world described in the "10 June 1905" dream?
3. What is happening in the young woman's house in the "15 June 1905" dream?
4. What does the narrator want readers to "suppose" in the "9 June 1905" dream?
5. In the world described in the "3 June 1905" dream, how do people learn about the seasons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the way that time is experienced in the 5 June 1905 dream.
2. Why does the young man in the 17 June 1905 dream leave his lover and tell her he cannot see her again?
3. For the world described in the 29 May 1905 dream, why are the inhabitants constantly in motion?
4. Describe the life of a "Now."
5. What is the biggest problem associated with living in the 20 May 1905 world?
6. According to the 3 June 1905 dream, describe how a person born in December exists.
7. How does the narrator describe time in the 17 June 1905 dream?
8. Describe the cafe that stands on the corner of Kramgasse and Theaterplatz.
9. What is the young woman at no. 27 Viktoriastrasse doing right before she thrusts herself into the future?
10. What has the young woman at no. 27 Viktoriastrasse missed in her life because of the sudden thrust into the future?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)