|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Besso, what does Einstein live without?
2. According to the narrator, in the world described in the "22 May 1905" dream, what happens to people who have had "their vision"?
(a) Their world is fragmented.
(b) Their world is one of constant failures.
(c) Their world is one of guaranteed success.
(d) Their world is one of uncompleted plans.
3. What animal are people who heed time compared to in the 3 June 1905 dream?
4. What does the narrator want readers to "suppose" time is in the "10 June 1905" dream?
(a) A sole existence.
(b) A quantity and not a quality.
(c) A quality and not a quantity.
(d) A measurement.
5. According to the narrator, the world described in the "11 June 1905" dream, is a world without what?
(a) A hope.
(b) A past.
(c) A future.
(d) A present.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Besso remember looking like Einstein as he is now (second Interlude)?
2. What is Einstein eating in the second Interlude?
3. How does the narrator describe births, marriages, and deaths in the 15 June 1905 dream?
4. According to the "20 May 1905 dream, what must people do at the end of the day?
5. How do the clouds appear, in the "17 June 1905" dream, after a gap in time?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the second Interlude, to what does Besso compare Einstein's present health?
2. What is the biggest problem associated with living in the 20 May 1905 world?
3. In the 22 May 1905 dream, what happens for those who have not seen a glimpse of their future yet?
4. What happens to the "withered woman" from the 2 June 1905 dream?
5. Why does the man at the graveside refuse to weep for his deceased friend?
6. Describe the two different views people of the 15 June 1905 world can have.
7. Why does the young man in the 17 June 1905 dream leave his lover and tell her he cannot see her again?
8. How does the narrator describe the phenomenon of people only living one day in the 3 June 1905 dream?
9. How did the notion of the speed effect come to be known?
10. Describe what happens between the baker and the woman in the 17 June 1905 dream.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)