|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is time, in the "17 June 1905" dream, described as?
(a) A congested interstate.
(b) A length of braided rope.
(c) A stretch of veins in the human body.
(d) A stretch of nerve fibers.
2. Who is responsible for discovering the "speed effect?"
(a) Mr. Alan Mulhouse of Massac.
(b) Sir Archibald Barrett of Munich.
(c) Mr. Randolph Whig of Surrey.
(d) Sir Handel Moritz of Bern.
3. What is the narrator's explanation of such a short life in the "3 June 1905" dream?
(a) That the Earth is farther out in the solar system (like Neptune).
(b) That the earth spins forward only halfway through a full revolution and then moves backward to the starting point.
(c) The earth spins so slowly that it takes a whole life time to complete one revolution.
(d) That a person's heart beats so slowly and powerfully that the heart wears out quickly.
4. In the "15 June 1905" dream, how many years in the future does the young woman go?
5. In the world described in the "3 June 1905" dream, how do people learn about the seasons?
(a) From books.
(b) Through pictures.
(c) Through museums.
(d) Through notes from the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in the "22 May 1905" dream, a world that gives brief scenes from the future, what kinds of risks do people take?
2. Who is the author of the paper that Einstein left on Besso's desk?
3. In the second Interlude, what is the first dialogue between Besso and Einstein that the reader comes across?
4. What is happening in the young woman's house in the "15 June 1905" dream?
5. What is wrong with the people who live in the world described in the "20 May 1905" dream?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)