|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the "3 June 1905" dream, what is a life planned by?
2. According to the narrator, in the world described in the "22 May 1905" dream, what happens to people who have not had "their vision"?
(a) Their world is one of constant reminders of deeds gone wrong.
(b) Their world is one of inevitable failures.
(c) Their world is one of inactive suspense.
(d) Their world is one of constant success.
3. How is the population of the cities in the "9 June 1905" dreams split?
(a) In three: The Laters, the Nows, the Intentionals.
(b) In three: The Laters, the Nows, and the Nevers.
(c) In two: The Laters and the Nows.
(d) In four: The Laters, the Nows, the Nevers, and the Always.
4. According to the dream on 3 June 1905, what is life a brief movement of?
(a) A snowflake.
(b) Arms and legs.
(d) A clock hand.
5. How old is the young woman, in the "15 June 190" dream, when she finally stops her travel into the future?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, in the world described in the "22 May 1905" dream, what happens to people who have had "their vision"?
2. In the "2 June 1905" dream, how does the story of the woman end?
3. According to the narrator in the "22 May 1905" dream, a world that gives brief scenes from the future, what kinds of risks do people take?
4. How does time move in the world described in the 2 June 1905 dream?
5. In the "17 June 1905" dream, why does the young man tell his lover that he cannot see her again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe a world without a future?
2. Describe the cafe that stands on the corner of Kramgasse and Theaterplatz.
3. Describe the life of a "Now."
4. How does the narrator describe time in the 17 June 1905 dream?
5. How did the notion of the speed effect come to be known?
6. What happens to the "withered woman" from the 2 June 1905 dream?
7. Why do sunset and sunrise babies become frightened when the light changes?
8. What options do people have when it comes to reading their Book of Life?
9. What has the young woman at no. 27 Viktoriastrasse missed in her life because of the sudden thrust into the future?
10. Why does the man at the graveside refuse to weep for his deceased friend?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)