|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What actions of Einstein's surprised Besso when he looked like Einstein does now?
(a) When Einstein came to Besso's home to care for him.
(b) When Einstein took a leave from work to travel with Besso on a personal health vacation.
(c) When Einstein quit his own job to care for Besso.
(d) Einstein took Besso into his home and cared for him for a month.
2. What does the middle-aged man receive during the "2 June 1905" dream?
(a) The Georg Büchner Prize.
(b) A Humanitarian Award.
(c) A Nobel Prize for physics.
(d) A Nobel Prize for literature.
3. Why does the young man choose to return to his proper place in time rather than staying a few minutes in the future in the "15 June 1905" dream?
(a) The future is cold and uncertain.
(b) The future is too warm.
(c) The future contains a death he is not ready for.
(d) The future brings bad news regarding his doctorate.
4. What is time, in the "17 June 1905" dream, described as?
(a) A stretch of veins in the human body.
(b) A stretch of nerve fibers.
(c) A length of braided rope.
(d) A congested interstate.
5. In the third Interlude, where are Einstein and Besso?
(a) In a fishing boat.
(b) At Einstein's home.
(c) At Besso's home.
(d) In the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is carried into the woman's home (in the "2 June 1905" dream)?
2. What time of the day is it at the beginning of the second Interlude?
3. How is the world actually seen by its residents in the "5 June 1905" dream?
4. According to Besso, what does Einstein live without?
5. What do all of the people of the world described in the "9 June 1905" dream have in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. What options do people have when it comes to reading their Book of Life?
2. How does the narrator describe time in the 17 June 1905 dream?
3. Why do sunset and sunrise babies become frightened when the light changes?
4. In the 22 May 1905 dream, what happens for those who have not seen a glimpse of their future yet?
5. How does the narrator describe a world without a future?
6. Describe the cafe that stands on the corner of Kramgasse and Theaterplatz.
7. How did the notion of the speed effect come to be known?
8. What is the young woman at no. 27 Viktoriastrasse doing right before she thrusts herself into the future?
9. Why have some inhabitants of the 29 May 1905 world become frustrated and despondent?
10. Describe the way that time is experienced in the 5 June 1905 dream.
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)