|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Besso tell that Einstein is making progress on his theory?
(a) The erratic way Einstein's hair is jutting out in all directions.
(b) The dark circles under Einstein's eyes.
(c) The way that Einstein's eye look glassed over.
(d) The fact that Einstein has not changed clothes in three days.
2. How do the clouds appear, in the "17 June 1905" dream, after a gap in time?
(a) Exactly the same.
(b) Gone completely.
(c) Moved and, therefore, confusing for inhabitants.
(d) Moved, but not really enough to notice.
3. How is the world actually seen by its residents in the "5 June 1905" dream?
(a) Through different lenses by different people.
(b) As though looking through the same camera for all inhabitants.
(c) Through the senses.
(d) Through sight alone.
4. According to the narrator, in the world described in the "22 May 1905" dream, what happens to people who have not had "their vision"?
(a) Their world is one of constant reminders of deeds gone wrong.
(b) Their world is one of constant success.
(c) Their world is one of inactive suspense.
(d) Their world is one of inevitable failures.
5. For people in the world described in the "20 May 1905" dream, what does each one carry?
(a) Their own record of sins.
(b) Their own personal Book of Life.
(c) A cross to ward off evil.
(d) Personal cameras to record their visits.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "5 June 1905" dream, how does this world seem?
2. According to the "20 May 1905 dream, what must people do at the end of the day?
3. Who is the author of the paper that Einstein left on Besso's desk?
4. In the second Interlude, what is the first dialogue between Besso and Einstein that the reader comes across?
5. What are gaps described as in this world's time, the "17 June 1905" dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What options do people have when it comes to reading their Book of Life?
2. Why have some inhabitants of the 29 May 1905 world become frustrated and despondent?
3. Why do sunset and sunrise babies become frightened when the light changes?
4. In the 22 May 1905 dream, what happens for those who have seen a glimpse of their future?
5. What has the young woman at no. 27 Viktoriastrasse missed in her life because of the sudden thrust into the future?
6. According to the 3 June 1905 dream, describe how a person born in December exists.
7. Why does the young man in the 17 June 1905 dream leave his lover and tell her he cannot see her again?
8. How does the narrator describe the phenomenon of people only living one day in the 3 June 1905 dream?
9. How does the narrator describe time in the 17 June 1905 dream?
10. Why does the man at the graveside refuse to weep for his deceased friend?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)