|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Besso, what does Einstein live without?
2. According to the "22 May 1905" dream, how does time flow in the world described?
(a) In accelerating spurts.
(b) Unevenly and fitfully.
(c) In alternating phases of fast and slow.
(d) Smoothly and consistently.
3. In the "2 June 1905" dream, how does the story of the woman end?
(a) The "woman" at her birth.
(b) The "woman" at her graduation from gymnasium.
(c) The "woman" in her mother's womb.
(d) The "woman" nursing.
4. Who is responsible for discovering the "speed effect?"
(a) Mr. Randolph Whig of Surrey.
(b) Mr. Alan Mulhouse of Massac.
(c) Sir Archibald Barrett of Munich.
(d) Sir Handel Moritz of Bern.
5. What month is it, in the "15 June 1905" dream, for the young man in the polytechnic in Zurich?
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Besso tell that Einstein is making progress on his theory?
2. How is the world actually seen by its residents in the "5 June 1905" dream?
3. In the "15 June 1905" dream, how many years in the future does the young woman go?
4. Why does the man at the graveside ("2 June 1905" dream) not weep for his friend?
5. Where does Besso invite Einstein to come to at the close of the second Interlude?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the "withered woman" from the 2 June 1905 dream?
2. What has the young woman at no. 27 Viktoriastrasse missed in her life because of the sudden thrust into the future?
3. Why does the man at the graveside refuse to weep for his deceased friend?
4. Describe what happens between the baker and the woman in the 17 June 1905 dream.
5. What is the young woman at no. 27 Viktoriastrasse doing right before she thrusts herself into the future?
6. Describe the two different views people of the 15 June 1905 world can have.
7. In the 22 May 1905 dream, what happens for those who have seen a glimpse of their future?
8. What options do people have when it comes to reading their Book of Life?
9. Describe the way that time is experienced in the 5 June 1905 dream.
10. Why have some inhabitants of the 29 May 1905 world become frustrated and despondent?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)