|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man at the graveside ("2 June 1905" dream) not weep for his friend?
(a) The man believes in a second life better than the first.
(b) His friend lived a very good life and he refuses to mourn him.
(c) His friend will be with him again given that time moves backward in this world.
(d) The man has no tears left given his friend has had a very long sickness leading up to his death.
2. What are gaps described as in this world's time, the "17 June 1905" dream?
(a) So overly noticeable that some people go insane.
(b) Somewhat noticeable that people make small readjustments and continue.
(d) So noticeable that people are confused.
3. According to the "5 June 1905" dream, how does this world seem?
4. According to the "20 May 1905 dream, what must people do at the end of the day?
(b) Call their loved ones to come get them.
(c) Consult an address book to learn where they live.
(d) Follow a path created by string to find their way home.
5. How is the world actually seen by its residents in the "5 June 1905" dream?
(a) Through sight alone.
(b) Through the senses.
(c) Through different lenses by different people.
(d) As though looking through the same camera for all inhabitants.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the third Interlude, what does Besso say that he sees in the clouds?
2. What invention preceded the notice of the "speed effect"?
3. How is the population of the cities in the "9 June 1905" dreams split?
4. According to Besso, what does Einstein live without?
5. How do the Laters walk and dress?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)