|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the "17 June 1905" dream, why is the baker yelling at a woman?
(a) She has not paid her bill.
(b) She is late for work.
(c) She is not making her regular pick-ups on time.
(d) She is his lover and they are arguing.
2. According to the narrator, in the world described in the "22 May 1905" dream, what happens to people who have had "their vision"?
(a) Their world is fragmented.
(b) Their world is one of constant failures.
(c) Their world is one of guaranteed success.
(d) Their world is one of uncompleted plans.
3. What can a person see from the cafe on the corner of Kramagasse and Theaterplatz?
(a) The Bernese Alps.
(b) The whole city of Berne.
(c) The Aare.
(d) The Zahringer Fountain.
4. Why does the young man choose to return to his proper place in time rather than staying a few minutes in the future in the "15 June 1905" dream?
(a) The future is too warm.
(b) The future brings bad news regarding his doctorate.
(c) The future is cold and uncertain.
(d) The future contains a death he is not ready for.
5. What does the narrator want readers to imagine in the "3 June 1905" dream?
(a) That people live for only 2 days.
(b) That people live only one day.
(c) That people live for only 12 hours.
(d) That people live for only 36 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are events triggered in the world described in the "10 June 1905" dream?
2. How do the Laters walk and dress?
3. Why does the man at the graveside ("2 June 1905" dream) not weep for his friend?
4. What happens to the people in the world, described in the "10 June 1905" dream, who attempt to quantify time?
5. What happens to the woman described in the "2 June 1905" dream?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)