|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the people in the world, described in the "10 June 1905" dream, who attempt to quantify time?
(a) They leave to find a place where they can quantify time.
(b) They turn to ice.
(c) They are banished into other "worlds."
(d) They turn to stone.
2. What animal are people who heed time compared to in the 3 June 1905 dream?
3. Who is carried into the woman's home (in the "2 June 1905" dream)?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her grandmother.
4. Why does the man at the graveside ("2 June 1905" dream) not weep for his friend?
(a) The man has no tears left given his friend has had a very long sickness leading up to his death.
(b) His friend will be with him again given that time moves backward in this world.
(c) The man believes in a second life better than the first.
(d) His friend lived a very good life and he refuses to mourn him.
5. In the third Interlude, where are Einstein and Besso?
(a) At Besso's home.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In a fishing boat.
(d) At Einstein's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the "2 June 1905" dream, how does the story of the woman end?
2. What do all of the people of the world described in the "9 June 1905" dream have in common?
3. According to the "20 May 1905 dream, what must people do at the end of the day?
4. In the second Interlude, what is the first dialogue between Besso and Einstein that the reader comes across?
5. In the "17 June 1905" dream, why is the baker yelling at a woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the 22 May 1905 dream, what happens for those who have seen a glimpse of their future?
2. In the second Interlude, to what does Besso compare Einstein's present health?
3. Describe the life of a peach in the world where time travels in reverse.
4. Why does the young man in the 17 June 1905 dream leave his lover and tell her he cannot see her again?
5. According to the 3 June 1905 dream, describe how a person born in December exists.
6. What has the young woman at no. 27 Viktoriastrasse missed in her life because of the sudden thrust into the future?
7. What happens to the "withered woman" from the 2 June 1905 dream?
8. Why does the man at the graveside refuse to weep for his deceased friend?
9. For the world described in the 29 May 1905 dream, why are the inhabitants constantly in motion?
10. How does the narrator describe the phenomenon of people only living one day in the 3 June 1905 dream?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)