|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the young woman, in the "15 June 190" dream, when she finally stops her travel into the future?
2. In the "17 June 1905" dream, why is the baker yelling at a woman?
(a) She has not paid her bill.
(b) She is not making her regular pick-ups on time.
(c) She is late for work.
(d) She is his lover and they are arguing.
3. Where does Besso invite Einstein to come to at the close of the second Interlude?
(a) To the Colombia Restaurant for dinner.
(b) To dinner at the Basin Park Hotel.
(c) To the Ristorante Cooperativo for dinner.
(d) To dinner at Besso's home.
4. What does the narrator want readers to imagine in the "3 June 1905" dream?
(a) That people live for only 2 days.
(b) That people live for only 12 hours.
(c) That people live for only 36 hours.
(d) That people live only one day.
5. When does Besso remember looking like Einstein as he is now (second Interlude)?
(a) When Besso's son died.
(b) When Besso's wife was diagnosed with a fatal illness.
(c) When Besso found out he was losing his job.
(d) When Besso's father died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can a person see from the cafe on the corner of Kramagasse and Theaterplatz?
2. What invention preceded the notice of the "speed effect"?
3. According to the "29 May 1905" dream, why does this world exist as it does?
4. What is wrong with the people who live in the world described in the "20 May 1905" dream?
5. According to the narrator, in the world described in the "22 May 1905" dream, what happens to people who have not had "their vision"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the cafe that stands on the corner of Kramgasse and Theaterplatz.
2. How did the notion of the speed effect come to be known?
3. What is the biggest problem associated with living in the 20 May 1905 world?
4. What is the young woman at no. 27 Viktoriastrasse doing right before she thrusts herself into the future?
5. How does the narrator describe the phenomenon of people only living one day in the 3 June 1905 dream?
6. Why does the young man in the 17 June 1905 dream leave his lover and tell her he cannot see her again?
7. Describe what happens between the baker and the woman in the 17 June 1905 dream.
8. In the 22 May 1905 dream, what happens for those who have not seen a glimpse of their future yet?
9. According to the 3 June 1905 dream, describe how a person born in December exists.
10. Describe the life of a "Now."
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)