|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have those who live in the world of the "9 June 1905" dream determined is the only way to live?
(a) To do as much as they can, as soon as they can.
(b) To ask all others of their advice.
(c) To ignore all others advice.
(d) To die.
2. Where are Besso and Einstein sitting in the second Interlude?
(a) A brasserie.
(b) Besso's home.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) A cafe.
3. Why do some people, in the world described in the "29 May 1905" dream, refuse to look out their windows?
(a) Because they are afraid to look upon the clock tower on Kramgasse.
(b) Because they live in complete solitude and what no interference.
(c) Because they are mad that others are traveling faster than they are.
(d) Because they are afraid that others are moving slower than they are.
4. What does Einstein ask Besso for during the third Interlude?
(a) A coat.
(b) A cracker.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A blanket.
5. What is the paper on that Einstein set on Besso's desk (as told in the second Interlude)?
(c) Transformation equations.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the "17 June 1905" dream, why does the young man tell his lover that he cannot see her again?
2. Where does Besso invite Einstein to come to at the close of the second Interlude?
3. How can Besso tell that Einstein is making progress on his theory?
4. How is time described in the "17 June 1905" dream?
5. How do the Laters walk and dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the second Interlude, to what does Besso compare Einstein's present health?
2. Describe the way that time is experienced in the 5 June 1905 dream.
3. How does the narrator describe a world without a future?
4. How did the notion of the speed effect come to be known?
5. How does the narrator describe time in the 17 June 1905 dream?
6. Why do sunset and sunrise babies become frightened when the light changes?
7. What is the young woman at no. 27 Viktoriastrasse doing right before she thrusts herself into the future?
8. According to the 3 June 1905 dream, describe how a person born in December exists.
9. Describe the life of a "Now."
10. What is the biggest problem associated with living in the 20 May 1905 world?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)