|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
(a) A red hat.
(b) A blue coat.
(c) A child playing in the street.
(d) A dog looking for food.
2. According to the narrator, what did "just as things will be repeated in the future, all things now happening" do?
(a) Happened a hundred times before.
(b) Never happened before.
(c) Only happened once before.
(d) Happened a million times before.
3. According to the narrator, without commitment there is what?
4. What is the tragedy of the world described in the "10 May 1905" dream?
(a) No one is happy.
(b) Everyone is dying.
(c) No one can help but sin.
(d) Everyone is sick.
5. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what does the passage of time bring?
(a) Increasing order.
(b) Decreasing order.
(c) Decreasing anxiety.
(d) Increasing anxiety.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Einstein and Besso walking in the "Interlude?"
2. What is the name of the woman with the brocade in her hair?
3. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, why do children who have left the city curse their parents?
4. Where did Basso and Einstein meet?
5. For the town described in the "4 May 1905" dream, times passes, but what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Einstein's desk differ from the others in the patent office?
2. Describe the people who live by "mechanical time."
3. What do the untidy people of the 11 May 1905 world do in life?
4. Describe the people who live by "bodily time."
5. What happens to travelers as they enter the world described in the 14 May 1905 dream?
6. Explain the meeting between the two couples in the 4 May 1905 dream.
7. Explain what the following statement means: Each time is true, but the truths are not the same.
8. For the world described in the 11 May 1905 dream, describe the differences between the past and the future.
9. Describe how the world is described in the 19 April 1905 dream.
10. What happens when there is only one day until the end of the world?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)