|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time do the people of Berne convene at Kramgasse?
(a) At four minutes to three.
(b) At seven minutes to five.
(c) At three minutes to four.
(d) At two minutes to two.
2. What rushes forward to envelope the people in the last seconds before the world ends?
(d) Flood waters.
3. To what does the Zytgloggeturm pay tribute?
(a) The infinite.
(b) The past.
(d) The future.
4. In the Prologue, how many times does the clock tower chime?
5. What month does the Swiss and English couple meet to vacation together?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the following line: "A world in which time is absolute is a world of ____________."
2. What kind of person does Besso think Einstein is?
3. Why is the woman in the linen shop on Amthausgasse?
4. According to the narrator, without commitment there is what?
5. According to the narrator, what is the physical body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the world is described in the 19 April 1905 dream.
2. According to the first Interlude, why is Besso worried about Einstein?
3. Explain the meeting between the two couples in the 4 May 1905 dream.
4. What is the problem living life within the confines of solitary moments? (14 April 1905)
5. Describe the people who live by "mechanical time."
6. What happens to travelers as they enter the world described in the 14 May 1905 dream?
7. What happens when there is only one day until the end of the world?
8. What are the benefits of living in a world in which cause and effect are erratic?
9. Why do people in the 26 April 1905 dream choose to live in the mountains?
10. What happens one minute before the end of the world?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)