|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Besso received a letter from announcing a visit?
(a) His sister.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
2. What does the narrator say about a world with no time?
(a) There is no life without time.
(b) Without time the world fails to progress at a natural pace.
(c) People take too much for granted.
(d) The world forgets how to function.
3. Why is the woman, hiding at no. 22 Kamgasse, crouching in the shadows?
(a) She has been assaulted and does not know whom to trust.
(b) She is afraid of being attacked.
(c) She is not sure where she is.
(d) She is afraid of kicking up dust.
4. In the "3 May 1905" dream, what have most people learned how to do?
(a) Live for the future.
(b) Live in the moment.
(c) Live in fear.
(d) Live in the past.
5. According to the narrator, what are people in a world of only one day?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the following line: "A world in which time is absolute is a world of ____________."
2. According to the narrator in the "3 May 1905" dream, a world of sincerity is also a world of what?
3. What rushes forward to envelope the people in the last seconds before the world ends?
4. According to the narrator, what is a world with one month a world of?
5. According to the "8 May 1905" dream, what is the date the world will end?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Einstein's desk differ from the others in the patent office?
2. Why is there no communication between people of the present and people from the future? (16 April 1905)
3. Explain what the following statement means: Each time is true, but the truths are not the same.
4. What is the tragedy of the world described in the 10 May 1905 dream?
5. Describe the way that time is experienced in the 5 June 1905 dream.
6. What differences can arise because of the "locality of time?" (20 June 1905)
7. What happens to the "withered woman" from the 2 June 1905 dream?
8. Describe the cafe that stands on the corner of Kramgasse and Theaterplatz.
9. In the 22 May 1905 dream, what happens for those who have not seen a glimpse of their future yet?
10. What do the untidy people of the 11 May 1905 world do in life?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)