|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman with the brocade in her hair?
2. According to the narrator, what do parents treasure given they think they may not witness it again?
(a) Their child's first cry.
(b) Their child's first smile.
(c) Their child's first laugh.
(d) Their child's first words.
3. In the Prologue, how many times does the clock tower chime?
4. What kind of person does Besso think Einstein is?
(a) A man exalted too early in life.
(b) A recluse and introvert.
(c) A man torn by innovations.
(d) A socialite and extrovert.
5. How many dimensions does the man in the leather coat live in simultaneously?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what are people in a world of only one day?
2. To take advantage of what scientists have discovered in the past, what have some people done to their homes?
3. What do travelers from the future envy?
4. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
5. Why will schools close a year before the end of the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the 26 April 1905 dream, what are the negative effects of living in the mountains?
2. What are the benefits of living in a world in which cause and effect are erratic?
3. What are the benefits of a world in which time is absolute?
4. What happens one minute before the end of the world?
5. What happens every day for the townspeople of Berne? (28 April 1905)
6. Why do schools close one year before the end of the world?
7. What is the tragedy of the world described in the 10 May 1905 dream?
8. What do the untidy people of the 11 May 1905 world do in life?
9. Why is there no communication between people of the present and people from the future? (16 April 1905)
10. Why do people in the 26 April 1905 dream choose to live in the mountains?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)