|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day before the end of the world, how are the streets described?
(a) Swirling in laughter.
(b) Full of animals who have taken over.
(d) In the process of being cleaned.
2. What are the two times explained in the "24 April 1905" dream?
(a) Good and bad time.
(b) Happy and sad time.
(c) Mechanical and body time.
(d) Natural and imagined time.
3. What is curious about the town in the "10 May 1905" dream?
(a) The town exists two centuries in the past.
(b) The town exists in three different time periods.
(c) The town is split in two and exists as a repetition of each other.
(d) The town exists one century in the past.
4. Why does Einstein sneak away from his wife in the middle of the night?
(a) To meet a mistress.
(b) To drink with Besso.
(c) To work on equations.
(d) To walk in solitude.
5. What is the name of the woman with the brocade in her hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the young man's theory of time to be mailed?
2. What happens one month before the end of the world?
3. What month does the Swiss and English couple meet to vacation together?
4. Why will schools close a year before the end of the world?
5. According to the narrator, what do parents treasure given they think they may not witness it again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem living life within the confines of solitary moments? (14 April 1905)
2. Why are some people unhappy in the world where time exists as a circle?
3. Why does Besso think that Einstein is capable of anything?
4. What is the tragedy of the world described in the 10 May 1905 dream?
5. What are the benefits of living in a world in which cause and effect are erratic?
6. Why does Besso believe that there are problems with Einstein's reasoning behind his creation of a theory of time?
7. What happens to travelers as they enter the world described in the 14 May 1905 dream?
8. What happens every day for the townspeople of Berne? (28 April 1905)
9. What do the untidy people of the 11 May 1905 world do in life?
10. For the world described in the 11 May 1905 dream, describe the differences between the past and the future.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)