|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many dimensions does the man in the leather coat live in simultaneously?
2. Where do all of the people gather one minute before the end of the world?
(a) In the water of the Aare.
(b) On the Kunst museum grounds.
(c) On the grounds of their churches.
(d) In the square.
3. How does time move in the "14 May 1905" dream?
(a) Inward in concentric circles, exploding at the center.
(b) Inward in spirals, exploding at the center.
(c) Outward in concentric circles, at rest at the center.
(d) Outward in spirals, at rest in the center.
4. How many times do the St. Vincent's Cathedral bells chime at the end of the 24 April 1905 dream?
5. How does the world in the "15 May 1905" exist?
(a) As a black hole, digesting everything in its reach.
(b) Without time and with images.
(c) As a blank slate.
(d) In black and white only, with no shadow or brightness.
Short Answer Questions
1. If a person holds no ambitions in the world described in the "4 May 1905" dream, what happens to him?
2. According to the narrator, without commitment there is what?
3. In the "3 May 1905" dream, what have most people learned how to do?
4. Why does Einstein want to understand time?
5. What is the tragedy of the world described in the "10 May 1905" dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the world is described in the 19 April 1905 dream.
2. Why are some people unhappy in the world where time exists as a circle?
3. What is the tragedy of the world described in the 10 May 1905 dream?
4. Explain what the following statement means: Each time is true, but the truths are not the same.
5. What is the problem living life within the confines of solitary moments? (14 April 1905)
6. Describe the people who live by "bodily time."
7. At the end of the 26 April 1905 dream, what are the negative effects of living in the mountains?
8. What are the benefits of a world in which time is absolute?
9. What happens when there is only one day until the end of the world?
10. Why do people in the 26 April 1905 dream choose to live in the mountains?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)