|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day before the end of the world, how are the streets described?
(a) Swirling in laughter.
(b) Full of animals who have taken over.
(d) In the process of being cleaned.
2. According to the narrator, why do people wear watches?
(a) As ornaments.
(b) As time keepers.
(c) As reminders.
(d) As weight for balance.
3. What is the name of the woman with the brocade in her hair?
4. While walking with Einstein, during the Interlude, what does Besso wonder about?
(a) What his wife has cooked for dinner.
(b) Einstein's plans for the future.
(c) Why he ever started this friendship with Einstein.
(d) Why he is not the man Einstein is.
5. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, why do children who have left the city curse their parents?
(a) For extending their life.
(b) For loving them too much.
(c) For bearing them in the first place.
(d) For trying to hold them forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what are people in a world of only one day?
2. How many dimensions does the man in the leather coat live in simultaneously?
3. What does the narrator say people transported to the past fear?
4. For the town described in the "4 May 1905" dream, times passes, but what happens?
5. How does time move in the "14 May 1905" dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Besso think that Einstein is capable of anything?
2. Why is there no communication between people of the present and people from the future? (16 April 1905)
3. According to the first Interlude, why is Besso worried about Einstein?
4. Describe how the world is described in the 19 April 1905 dream.
5. Describe the people who live by "mechanical time."
6. Why are some people unhappy in the world where time exists as a circle?
7. What are the benefits of a world in which time is absolute?
8. Why does Besso believe that there are problems with Einstein's reasoning behind his creation of a theory of time?
9. Explain the meeting between the two couples in the 4 May 1905 dream.
10. How does Einstein's desk differ from the others in the patent office?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)