|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time do the people of Berne convene at Kramgasse?
(a) At four minutes to three.
(b) At seven minutes to five.
(c) At two minutes to two.
(d) At three minutes to four.
2. How many dimensions does the man in the leather coat live in simultaneously?
3. While walking with Einstein, during the Interlude, what does Besso wonder about?
(a) Why he is not the man Einstein is.
(b) Einstein's plans for the future.
(c) Why he ever started this friendship with Einstein.
(d) What his wife has cooked for dinner.
4. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
(a) Because their lives are in shambles.
(b) Because they feel torn by time.
(c) Because they have sinned.
(d) Because their mistakes will be repeated.
5. What is the name of Basso's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in the "28 April 1905" dream, what is visible in all places?
2. According to the narrator, what is a world with one month a world of?
3. According to the narrator in the "3 May 1905" dream, a world of sincerity is also a world of what?
4. Why will schools close a year before the end of the world?
5. To what does the Zytgloggeturm pay tribute?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there no communication between people of the present and people from the future? (16 April 1905)
2. How can one identify people who have been transported back in time? (16 April 1905)
3. Why do people in the 26 April 1905 dream choose to live in the mountains?
4. What happens to travelers as they enter the world described in the 14 May 1905 dream?
5. What do the untidy people of the 11 May 1905 world do in life?
6. What effect does height have in the 26 April 1905 dream?
7. Describe the people who live by "bodily time."
8. How does Einstein's desk differ from the others in the patent office?
9. At the end of the 26 April 1905 dream, what are the negative effects of living in the mountains?
10. According to the first Interlude, why is Besso worried about Einstein?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)