|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of person does Besso think Einstein is?
(a) A man torn by innovations.
(b) A socialite and extrovert.
(c) A recluse and introvert.
(d) A man exalted too early in life.
2. What does the narrator want readers to consider in the "3 May 1905" dream?
(a) A world in which life and death balance.
(b) A world in which cause and effect are erratic.
(c) A world in which life and death do not balance.
(d) A world in which cause and effect balance.
3. Where do the Swiss and English couples meet yearly?
(d) St. Moritz.
4. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what happens in the springtime?
(a) The season reverses and goes back towards winter.
(b) The people leave so that the town can realign on its own.
(c) The people gather at a central point and sing praise to Mother Nature.
(d) The people try to make the world disorderly.
5. What is the name of Basso's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Basso and Einstein meet?
2. Who is the woman saying goodbye to in the hospital on Gerberngasse?
3. What happens to time in the "14 May 1905" dream?
4. Where do all of the people gather one minute before the end of the world?
5. Where is the young man's theory of time to be mailed?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the 3 June 1905 dream, describe how a person born in December exists.
2. What happens one month before the world ends?
3. What are the benefits of living in a world in which cause and effect are erratic?
4. Why have some inhabitants of the 29 May 1905 world become frustrated and despondent?
5. Describe how the world is described in the 19 April 1905 dream.
6. Why does the man at the graveside refuse to weep for his deceased friend?
7. In the second Interlude, to what does Besso compare Einstein's present health?
8. Why is there no communication between people of the present and people from the future? (16 April 1905)
9. Describe the way that time is experienced in the 5 June 1905 dream.
10. Describe the life of a "Now."
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)