|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to time in the "14 May 1905" dream?
(a) Time stands still.
(b) Time is sped up.
(c) Time is set in a constant loop.
(d) Time moves slowly.
2. According to the narrator, what did "just as things will be repeated in the future, all things now happening" do?
(a) Only happened once before.
(b) Happened a hundred times before.
(c) Happened a million times before.
(d) Never happened before.
3. Where do all of the people gather one minute before the end of the world?
(a) On the grounds of their churches.
(b) In the square.
(c) On the Kunst museum grounds.
(d) In the water of the Aare.
4. What are the two times explained in the "24 April 1905" dream?
(a) Mechanical and body time.
(b) Good and bad time.
(c) Happy and sad time.
(d) Natural and imagined time.
5. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, who makes pilgrimages to the center of time?
(a) Those close to death.
(b) Parents with their children and lovers.
(c) Everyone at least once in his or her life.
(d) Only newlyweds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein want to understand time?
2. What is the name of the woman with the brocade in her hair?
3. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, why do children who have left the city curse their parents?
4. Why will schools close a year before the end of the world?
5. How many dimensions does the man in the leather coat live in simultaneously?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tragedy of the world described in the 10 May 1905 dream?
2. How can one identify people who have been transported back in time? (16 April 1905)
3. What is the problem living life within the confines of solitary moments? (14 April 1905)
4. At the end of the 26 April 1905 dream, what are the negative effects of living in the mountains?
5. Describe the people who live by "mechanical time."
6. For the world described in the 11 May 1905 dream, describe the differences between the past and the future.
7. What happens every day for the townspeople of Berne? (28 April 1905)
8. Describe how the world is described in the 19 April 1905 dream.
9. Explain what the following statement means: Each time is true, but the truths are not the same.
10. What do the untidy people of the 11 May 1905 world do in life?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)