|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein sneak away from his wife in the middle of the night?
(a) To meet a mistress.
(b) To work on equations.
(c) To drink with Besso.
(d) To walk in solitude.
2. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
(a) A red hat.
(b) A dog looking for food.
(c) A child playing in the street.
(d) A blue coat.
3. Finish the following line: "A world in which time is absolute is a world of ____________."
4. According to the dream on "24 April 1905," what happens when the two "times" meet?
5. What does the narrator say people transported to the past fear?
(a) Making the same mistakes they made in the "future."
(b) Nothing. They are not aware of the time transfer.
(c) They fear not knowing how to act.
(d) A change they make in the past could affect the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month is the Prologue set?
2. What is the last image readers are left with at the end of the "15 May 1905" dream?
3. How old is Einstein in the novel?
4. Why does Einstein want to understand time?
5. What happens to light in the "14 May 1905" dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can one identify people who have been transported back in time? (16 April 1905)
2. Describe the people who live by "bodily time."
3. What is the tragedy of the world described in the 10 May 1905 dream?
4. Why does Besso think that Einstein is capable of anything?
5. What happens one minute before the end of the world?
6. At the end of the 26 April 1905 dream, what are the negative effects of living in the mountains?
7. Why are some people unhappy in the world where time exists as a circle?
8. What effect does height have in the 26 April 1905 dream?
9. Why do schools close one year before the end of the world?
10. What happens to travelers as they enter the world described in the 14 May 1905 dream?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)