|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the young man's theory of time to be mailed?
(a) The Swiss journal of physics.
(b) The European journal of physics.
(c) The American journal of physics.
(d) The German journal of physics.
2. What kind of person does Besso think Einstein is?
(a) A recluse and introvert.
(b) A man exalted too early in life.
(c) A socialite and extrovert.
(d) A man torn by innovations.
3. Finish the following line: "A world in which time is absolute is a world of ____________."
4. Where do all of the people gather one minute before the end of the world?
(a) In the water of the Aare.
(b) On the grounds of their churches.
(c) On the Kunst museum grounds.
(d) In the square.
5. According to the narrator, what did scientists discover in the past?
(a) That time never forgets its past.
(b) That time moves slower the farther one is from the center of the earth.
(c) That time moves faster the farther one is from the center of the earth.
(d) That time has "blips" that stop all things living.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rushes forward to envelope the people in the last seconds before the world ends?
2. One day before the end of the world, how are the streets described?
3. According to the narrator, what is the room full of?
4. What does the European Union of 1979 depend upon?
5. What is time compared to in the "16 April 1905" dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the benefits of living in a world in which cause and effect are erratic?
2. What happens when there is only one day until the end of the world?
3. Explain the meeting between the two couples in the 4 May 1905 dream.
4. How can one identify people who have been transported back in time? (16 April 1905)
5. Why are some people unhappy in the world where time exists as a circle?
6. At the end of the 26 April 1905 dream, what are the negative effects of living in the mountains?
7. What is the problem living life within the confines of solitary moments? (14 April 1905)
8. Why does Besso think that Einstein is capable of anything?
9. Describe the people who live by "mechanical time."
10. Describe the people who live by "bodily time."
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)