|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about a world with no time?
(a) The world forgets how to function.
(b) Without time the world fails to progress at a natural pace.
(c) There is no life without time.
(d) People take too much for granted.
2. Where do the Swiss and English couples meet yearly?
(c) St. Moritz.
3. According to the narrator, without commitment there is what?
4. What did Einstein's theory of time begin as?
(a) An investigation of survival of the fittest.
(b) An investigation of Plato's theories.
(c) An investigation of Socrates' theories.
(d) An investigation of electricity and magnetism.
5. Why does Einstein want to understand time?
(a) To get close to The Old One.
(b) To be able to plan his life more accordingly.
(c) To slow time down.
(d) To speed time up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman in the shadows waiting for?
2. On the last day of the world, who are the people with the unnatural smiles?
3. How many dimensions does the man in the leather coat live in simultaneously?
4. What is the tragedy of the world described in the "10 May 1905" dream?
5. Where did Basso and Einstein meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the benefits of living in a world in which cause and effect are erratic?
2. What is the problem living life within the confines of solitary moments? (14 April 1905)
3. Explain what the following statement means: Each time is true, but the truths are not the same.
4. What are the benefits of a world in which time is absolute?
5. Why does Besso think that Einstein is capable of anything?
6. What happens when there is only one day until the end of the world?
7. Why do people in the 26 April 1905 dream choose to live in the mountains?
8. Explain the meeting between the two couples in the 4 May 1905 dream.
9. How can one identify people who have been transported back in time? (16 April 1905)
10. According to the first Interlude, why is Besso worried about Einstein?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)