|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say people transported to the past fear?
(a) Making the same mistakes they made in the "future."
(b) They fear not knowing how to act.
(c) Nothing. They are not aware of the time transfer.
(d) A change they make in the past could affect the future.
2. In the Prologue, how many times does the clock tower chime?
3. What does the narrator say about a world with no time?
(a) The world forgets how to function.
(b) There is no life without time.
(c) People take too much for granted.
(d) Without time the world fails to progress at a natural pace.
4. According to the narrator, what do parents treasure given they think they may not witness it again?
(a) Their child's first cry.
(b) Their child's first smile.
(c) Their child's first laugh.
(d) Their child's first words.
5. According to the narrator in the "3 May 1905" dream, a world of sincerity is also a world of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to light in the "14 May 1905" dreams?
2. How many dimensions does the man in the leather coat live in simultaneously?
3. What is the name of the woman with the brocade in her hair?
4. According to the narrator, what is the room full of?
5. Where is the young man's theory of time to be mailed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are some people unhappy in the world where time exists as a circle?
2. What happens one month before the world ends?
3. What are the benefits of a world in which time is absolute?
4. What happens every day for the townspeople of Berne? (28 April 1905)
5. What effect does height have in the 26 April 1905 dream?
6. Why do people in the 26 April 1905 dream choose to live in the mountains?
7. Why do schools close one year before the end of the world?
8. According to the first Interlude, why is Besso worried about Einstein?
9. How does Einstein's desk differ from the others in the patent office?
10. What are the benefits of living in a world in which cause and effect are erratic?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)