|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it in the "19 April 1905" dream?
2. Why does the terrace of the Bundesterrasse have a striking view?
(a) Because of the view of the cathedral.
(b) Because of the Aare river and the Bernese Alps.
(c) Because of the view of the Bundes Falls.
(d) Because of the view of the square.
3. What is the name of Einstein's wife?
4. If a person holds no ambitions in the world described in the "4 May 1905" dream, what happens to him?
(a) He suffers knowingly.
(b) He lives life in poverty.
(c) He lives life in wealth.
(d) He suffers unknowingly.
5. What does the European Union of 1979 depend upon?
(a) The meeting of Fredderik Strauss and Ivan Tauchnik.
(b) Hans Klausen's birth.
(c) The marriage of Franz Kipperten and Penelope Marden.
(d) The death of Sanze Kinterton.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what happens in the springtime?
2. According to the narrator, people in their correct time period do not make contact with those from the future. How are those from the future looked at?
3. Why will schools close a year before the end of the world?
4. What is the last image readers are left with at the end of the "15 May 1905" dream?
5. For the town described in the "4 May 1905" dream, times passes, but what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can one identify people who have been transported back in time? (16 April 1905)
2. What happens when there is only one day until the end of the world?
3. What happens every day for the townspeople of Berne? (28 April 1905)
4. What is the problem living life within the confines of solitary moments? (14 April 1905)
5. Why does Besso believe that there are problems with Einstein's reasoning behind his creation of a theory of time?
6. At the end of the 26 April 1905 dream, what are the negative effects of living in the mountains?
7. Why is there no communication between people of the present and people from the future? (16 April 1905)
8. Describe the people who live by "bodily time."
9. How does Einstein's desk differ from the others in the patent office?
10. What are the benefits of living in a world in which cause and effect are erratic?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)