|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Einstein's theory of time begin as?
(a) An investigation of Socrates' theories.
(b) An investigation of survival of the fittest.
(c) An investigation of Plato's theories.
(d) An investigation of electricity and magnetism.
2. What happens to light in the "14 May 1905" dreams?
(a) Light exists as ribbons of multifaceted color.
(b) There is only blinding white light.
(c) There is no intensity; light looks like fireflies.
(d) There is no light at all, only pure darkness.
3. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what happens in the springtime?
(a) The people try to make the world disorderly.
(b) The season reverses and goes back towards winter.
(c) The people leave so that the town can realign on its own.
(d) The people gather at a central point and sing praise to Mother Nature.
4. According to the narrator, what is the physical body?
(a) A mass of organisms that pull in only one direction.
(b) A thing to be ordered, not obeyed.
(c) A thing to be obeyed, not ordered.
(d) A mass of organisms that pull in different directions at all times.
5. What is the last image readers are left with at the end of the "15 May 1905" dream?
(a) A clock with pendulum stuck mid-swing.
(b) A book lying on a table.
(c) A broken watch.
(d) A yellow brush.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, without commitment there is what?
2. What do all of the people who have gathered together one minute before the end of the world do?
3. To what does the Zytgloggeturm pay tribute?
4. What happens one month before the end of the world?
5. According to the "8 May 1905" dream, what is the date the world will end?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe a world without a future?
2. Why do people in the 26 April 1905 dream choose to live in the mountains?
3. What happens every day for the townspeople of Berne? (28 April 1905)
4. Why have some inhabitants of the 29 May 1905 world become frustrated and despondent?
5. According to the 3 June 1905 dream, describe how a person born in December exists.
6. What has the young woman at no. 27 Viktoriastrasse missed in her life because of the sudden thrust into the future?
7. How does the narrator describe time in the 17 June 1905 dream?
8. What is the problem living life within the confines of solitary moments? (14 April 1905)
9. What differences can arise because of the "locality of time?" (20 June 1905)
10. What effect does height have in the 26 April 1905 dream?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)