Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the man in the leather jacket work at in Berne?
(a) A bank.
(b) A tavern.
(c) A pharmaceutical.
(d) A brasserie.
2. If a person holds no ambitions in the world described in the "4 May 1905" dream, what happens to him?
(a) He suffers unknowingly.
(b) He lives life in wealth.
(c) He suffers knowingly.
(d) He lives life in poverty.
3. What is the name of Basso's wife?
4. What did Einstein's theory of time begin as?
(a) An investigation of survival of the fittest.
(b) An investigation of Plato's theories.
(c) An investigation of Socrates' theories.
(d) An investigation of electricity and magnetism.
5. What is the woman in the shadows waiting for?
(a) To hear the church bells chime three times.
(b) To be arrested so she can keep her timeline of life intact.
(c) To hear a cardinal sing.
(d) To be carried back to her own time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Swiss and English couples meet yearly?
2. While walking with Einstein, during the Interlude, what does Besso wonder about?
3. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what happens in the springtime?
4. According to the narrator in the "28 April 1905" dream, what is visible in all places?
5. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the following statement means: Each time is true, but the truths are not the same.
2. What options do people have when it comes to reading their Book of Life?
3. Describe the way that time is experienced in the 5 June 1905 dream.
4. In the 22 May 1905 dream, what happens for those who have seen a glimpse of their future?
5. For the world described in the 29 May 1905 dream, why are the inhabitants constantly in motion?
6. How did the notion of the speed effect come to be known?
7. What happens to travelers as they enter the world described in the 14 May 1905 dream?
8. How does the narrator describe the phenomenon of people only living one day in the 3 June 1905 dream?
9. According to the first Interlude, why is Besso worried about Einstein?
10. Why was the creation of the Great Clock horrifying for humankind?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)