|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last image readers are left with at the end of the "15 May 1905" dream?
(a) A broken watch.
(b) A clock with pendulum stuck mid-swing.
(c) A yellow brush.
(d) A book lying on a table.
2. Where does the man in the leather jacket work at in Berne?
(a) A brasserie.
(b) A pharmaceutical.
(c) A tavern.
(d) A bank.
3. What do those of religious faith see time as evidence of?
(b) The Second Coming.
(d) The Apocalypse.
4. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
(a) Because they feel torn by time.
(b) Because their mistakes will be repeated.
(c) Because their lives are in shambles.
(d) Because they have sinned.
5. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what does the passage of time bring?
(a) Decreasing order.
(b) Decreasing anxiety.
(c) Increasing anxiety.
(d) Increasing order.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times do the St. Vincent's Cathedral bells chime at the end of the 24 April 1905 dream?
2. According to the dream on "24 April 1905," what happens when the two "times" meet?
3. Why is the woman, hiding at no. 22 Kamgasse, crouching in the shadows?
4. According to the narrator, what is a world with one month a world of?
5. What is time compared to in the "16 April 1905" dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Besso think that Einstein is capable of anything?
2. Describe the people who live by "mechanical time."
3. Why is there no communication between people of the present and people from the future? (16 April 1905)
4. What happens one minute before the end of the world?
5. Describe Einstein's appearance at the patent office.
6. Explain what the following statement means: Each time is true, but the truths are not the same.
7. Describe the people who live by "bodily time."
8. What is the tragedy of the world described in the 10 May 1905 dream?
9. What happens to travelers as they enter the world described in the 14 May 1905 dream?
10. What happens when there is only one day until the end of the world?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)