|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman saying goodbye to in the hospital on Gerberngasse?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her child.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
2. Why is the woman in the linen shop on Amthausgasse?
(a) To purchase linens for a funeral.
(b) To talk to her friend about a project that is coming due.
(c) To purchase linens for her daughter's wedding.
(d) To talk to her friend about losing her job.
3. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what does the passage of time bring?
(a) Increasing anxiety.
(b) Decreasing anxiety.
(c) Increasing order.
(d) Decreasing order.
4. Where are Einstein and Besso walking in the "Interlude?"
(a) On Speichergasse.
(b) Near the Aase.
(c) On the square.
(d) On the Kierstach.
5. While walking with Einstein, during the Interlude, what does Besso wonder about?
(a) Why he ever started this friendship with Einstein.
(b) What his wife has cooked for dinner.
(c) Why he is not the man Einstein is.
(d) Einstein's plans for the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
2. What happens to time in the "14 May 1905" dream?
3. Where is Besso's visitor from?
4. According to the narrator, what is a world with one month a world of?
5. What does the European Union of 1979 depend upon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tragedy of the world described in the 10 May 1905 dream?
2. According to the first Interlude, why is Besso worried about Einstein?
3. Why does Besso believe that there are problems with Einstein's reasoning behind his creation of a theory of time?
4. What is the problem living life within the confines of solitary moments? (14 April 1905)
5. What do the untidy people of the 11 May 1905 world do in life?
6. Describe Einstein's appearance at the patent office.
7. Describe the people who live by "mechanical time."
8. What happens to travelers as they enter the world described in the 14 May 1905 dream?
9. What effect does height have in the 26 April 1905 dream?
10. Why are some people unhappy in the world where time exists as a circle?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)