|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is curious about the town in the "10 May 1905" dream?
(a) The town exists in three different time periods.
(b) The town exists one century in the past.
(c) The town exists two centuries in the past.
(d) The town is split in two and exists as a repetition of each other.
2. According to the narrator, what did scientists discover in the past?
(a) That time moves slower the farther one is from the center of the earth.
(b) That time moves faster the farther one is from the center of the earth.
(c) That time never forgets its past.
(d) That time has "blips" that stop all things living.
3. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what happens in the springtime?
(a) The people gather at a central point and sing praise to Mother Nature.
(b) The season reverses and goes back towards winter.
(c) The people leave so that the town can realign on its own.
(d) The people try to make the world disorderly.
4. Finish the following line: "A world in which time is absolute is a world of ____________."
5. If a person holds no ambitions in the world described in the "4 May 1905" dream, what happens to him?
(a) He suffers knowingly.
(b) He suffers unknowingly.
(c) He lives life in wealth.
(d) He lives life in poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Prologue, how many times does the clock tower chime?
2. What month does the Swiss and English couple meet to vacation together?
3. According to the dream on "24 April 1905," what happens when the two "times" meet?
4. What is the woman in the shadows waiting for?
5. Where does the man in the leather jacket work at in Berne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Einstein's appearance at the patent office.
2. Why does Besso think that Einstein is capable of anything?
3. What happens when there is only one day until the end of the world?
4. Why is there no communication between people of the present and people from the future? (16 April 1905)
5. What happens every day for the townspeople of Berne? (28 April 1905)
6. What are the benefits of a world in which time is absolute?
7. Why do schools close one year before the end of the world?
8. What happens one minute before the end of the world?
9. At the end of the 26 April 1905 dream, what are the negative effects of living in the mountains?
10. Why do people in the 26 April 1905 dream choose to live in the mountains?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)