|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, who makes pilgrimages to the center of time?
(a) Those close to death.
(b) Only newlyweds.
(c) Parents with their children and lovers.
(d) Everyone at least once in his or her life.
2. Why is the woman, hiding at no. 22 Kamgasse, crouching in the shadows?
(a) She is afraid of being attacked.
(b) She is not sure where she is.
(c) She is afraid of kicking up dust.
(d) She has been assaulted and does not know whom to trust.
3. To what does the Zytgloggeturm pay tribute?
(a) The future.
(b) The infinite.
(d) The past.
4. In the "3 May 1905" dream, what have most people learned how to do?
(a) Live in the moment.
(b) Live in the past.
(c) Live for the future.
(d) Live in fear.
5. How old is Einstein in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to light in the "14 May 1905" dreams?
2. According to the narrator, what are people in a world of only one day?
3. What is the name of Einstein's wife?
4. Where is the young man's theory of time to be mailed?
5. What happens one month before the end of the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the untidy people of the 11 May 1905 world do in life?
2. How can one identify people who have been transported back in time? (16 April 1905)
3. What is the tragedy of the world described in the 10 May 1905 dream?
4. What are the benefits of living in a world in which cause and effect are erratic?
5. Why is there no communication between people of the present and people from the future? (16 April 1905)
6. How does Einstein's desk differ from the others in the patent office?
7. Why do schools close one year before the end of the world?
8. At the end of the 26 April 1905 dream, what are the negative effects of living in the mountains?
9. What happens to travelers as they enter the world described in the 14 May 1905 dream?
10. What happens one minute before the end of the world?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)