|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
(a) Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata."
(b) Beethoven's "Fur Elise."
(c) Beethoven's "Fantasy in G."
(d) Beethoven's "The Creatures of Prometheus."
2. According to the narrator, what did "just as things will be repeated in the future, all things now happening" do?
(a) Only happened once before.
(b) Never happened before.
(c) Happened a hundred times before.
(d) Happened a million times before.
3. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what happens in the springtime?
(a) The people leave so that the town can realign on its own.
(b) The people try to make the world disorderly.
(c) The season reverses and goes back towards winter.
(d) The people gather at a central point and sing praise to Mother Nature.
4. What do those of religious faith see time as evidence of?
(a) The Second Coming.
(b) The Apocalypse.
5. According to the narrator, what is the room full of?
(a) Dreams and desires.
(b) Too many hopes to account for.
(c) Fluttering beliefs of accomplishment.
(d) Practical ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages is the young man's theory of time?
2. Finish the following line: "A world in which time is absolute is a world of ____________."
3. What does the European Union of 1979 depend upon?
4. How does a traveler from the future talk?
5. What happens to light in the "14 May 1905" dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. For the world described in the 11 May 1905 dream, describe the differences between the past and the future.
2. What happens when there is only one day until the end of the world?
3. Why does Besso think that Einstein is capable of anything?
4. Why is there no communication between people of the present and people from the future? (16 April 1905)
5. Describe the people who live by "mechanical time."
6. Explain what the following statement means: Each time is true, but the truths are not the same.
7. What effect does height have in the 26 April 1905 dream?
8. What is the problem living life within the confines of solitary moments? (14 April 1905)
9. How does Einstein's desk differ from the others in the patent office?
10. What is the tragedy of the world described in the 10 May 1905 dream?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)