|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While walking with Einstein, during the Interlude, what does Besso wonder about?
(a) What his wife has cooked for dinner.
(b) Einstein's plans for the future.
(c) Why he is not the man Einstein is.
(d) Why he ever started this friendship with Einstein.
2. In the Prologue, how many times does the clock tower chime?
3. Why is the woman, hiding at no. 22 Kamgasse, crouching in the shadows?
(a) She is not sure where she is.
(b) She is afraid of kicking up dust.
(c) She has been assaulted and does not know whom to trust.
(d) She is afraid of being attacked.
4. In what month is the Prologue set?
5. What do all of the people who have gathered together one minute before the end of the world do?
(a) Kneel and pray.
(b) Form a circle and hold hands.
(c) Look to the sky and sing.
(d) Lay down in family groups and hold each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Einstein's theory of time begin as?
2. Why does Einstein sneak away from his wife in the middle of the night?
3. How many times do the St. Vincent's Cathedral bells chime at the end of the 24 April 1905 dream?
4. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
5. What is the name of Basso's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there no communication between people of the present and people from the future? (16 April 1905)
2. For the world described in the 11 May 1905 dream, describe the differences between the past and the future.
3. What effect does height have in the 26 April 1905 dream?
4. Explain the meeting between the two couples in the 4 May 1905 dream.
5. According to the first Interlude, why is Besso worried about Einstein?
6. What are the benefits of a world in which time is absolute?
7. Why does Besso think that Einstein is capable of anything?
8. What happens one month before the world ends?
9. Describe how the world is described in the 19 April 1905 dream.
10. What happens every day for the townspeople of Berne? (28 April 1905)
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)