|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator want readers to suppose time is?
(a) A sphere.
(b) An ellipse.
(c) An arc.
(d) A circle.
2. According to the narrator, what is the room full of?
(a) Dreams and desires.
(b) Too many hopes to account for.
(c) Fluttering beliefs of accomplishment.
(d) Practical ideas.
3. Why does the terrace of the Bundesterrasse have a striking view?
(a) Because of the view of the Bundes Falls.
(b) Because of the view of the cathedral.
(c) Because of the Aare river and the Bernese Alps.
(d) Because of the view of the square.
4. What is wondrous about the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream?
(a) No one needs sleep to re-energize.
(b) Money is not needed.
(c) Nothing is out of place.
(d) All inhabitants live in dream-like states.
5. Why does Einstein sneak away from his wife in the middle of the night?
(a) To walk in solitude.
(b) To drink with Besso.
(c) To work on equations.
(d) To meet a mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dimensions does the man in the leather coat live in simultaneously?
2. According to the narrator, what are people in a world of only one day?
3. According to the narrator, people in their correct time period do not make contact with those from the future. How are those from the future looked at?
4. What is curious about the town in the "10 May 1905" dream?
5. According to the narrator, what did "just as things will be repeated in the future, all things now happening" do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the benefits of living in a world in which cause and effect are erratic?
2. What is the tragedy of the world described in the 10 May 1905 dream?
3. What effect does height have in the 26 April 1905 dream?
4. For the world described in the 11 May 1905 dream, describe the differences between the past and the future.
5. What is the problem living life within the confines of solitary moments? (14 April 1905)
6. Why does Besso think that Einstein is capable of anything?
7. What happens one minute before the end of the world?
8. What do the untidy people of the 11 May 1905 world do in life?
9. Explain the meeting between the two couples in the 4 May 1905 dream.
10. Describe Einstein's appearance at the patent office.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)