|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Basso and Einstein meet?
2. What month does the Swiss and English couple meet to vacation together?
3. What does the narrator want readers to suppose time is?
(a) A circle.
(b) A sphere.
(c) An arc.
(d) An ellipse.
4. What is the name of the woman with the brocade in her hair?
5. According to the narrator, what are people in a world of only one day?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dimensions does the man in the leather coat live in simultaneously?
2. According to the dream on "24 April 1905," what happens when the two "times" meet?
3. On the last day of the world, who are the people with the unnatural smiles?
4. According to the narrator, what is the physical body?
5. What do all of the people who have gathered together one minute before the end of the world do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tragedy of the world described in the 10 May 1905 dream?
2. Why does Besso believe that there are problems with Einstein's reasoning behind his creation of a theory of time?
3. What is the problem living life within the confines of solitary moments? (14 April 1905)
4. What are the benefits of living in a world in which cause and effect are erratic?
5. Why is there no communication between people of the present and people from the future? (16 April 1905)
6. What happens one minute before the end of the world?
7. Describe the people who live by "bodily time."
8. Describe how the world is described in the 19 April 1905 dream.
9. What happens one month before the world ends?
10. How does Einstein's desk differ from the others in the patent office?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)