|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many dimensions does the man in the leather coat live in simultaneously?
2. What kind of person does Besso think Einstein is?
(a) A socialite and extrovert.
(b) A man torn by innovations.
(c) A recluse and introvert.
(d) A man exalted too early in life.
3. Finish the following line: "A world in which time is absolute is a world of ____________."
4. To what does the Zytgloggeturm pay tribute?
(a) The future.
(b) The past.
(d) The infinite.
5. What does the narrator want readers to suppose time is?
(a) An arc.
(b) An ellipse.
(c) A sphere.
(d) A circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to time in the "14 May 1905" dream?
2. Why is the woman in the linen shop on Amthausgasse?
3. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what happens in the springtime?
4. What is the woman in the shadows waiting for?
5. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the people who live by "mechanical time."
2. What is the problem living life within the confines of solitary moments? (14 April 1905)
3. What happens one minute before the end of the world?
4. What do the untidy people of the 11 May 1905 world do in life?
5. Why are some people unhappy in the world where time exists as a circle?
6. At the end of the 26 April 1905 dream, what are the negative effects of living in the mountains?
7. According to the first Interlude, why is Besso worried about Einstein?
8. Explain what the following statement means: Each time is true, but the truths are not the same.
9. What happens when there is only one day until the end of the world?
10. Why do schools close one year before the end of the world?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)