|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month is the Prologue set?
2. According to the narrator, what do people who have been transported back in time wear?
(a) Dark, indistinct clothing.
(b) Bright, illuminating clothing.
(c) Nothing; their clothing does not transfer to other time periods.
(d) Tatters of clothes.
3. How does time move in the "14 May 1905" dream?
(a) Inward in spirals, exploding at the center.
(b) Outward in spirals, at rest in the center.
(c) Outward in concentric circles, at rest at the center.
(d) Inward in concentric circles, exploding at the center.
4. In the "3 May 1905" dream, what have most people learned how to do?
(a) Live in the past.
(b) Live in the moment.
(c) Live in fear.
(d) Live for the future.
5. According to the "4 May 1905" dream, "If time and the passage of events are the same" what happens to time?
(a) People move very fast.
(b) Time barely moves at all.
(c) Time moves very fast.
(d) People barely move at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Einstein's wife?
2. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
3. What does the European Union of 1979 depend upon?
4. What is wondrous about the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream?
5. In the "10 May 1905" dream, why is one man sitting at a table weeping uncontrollably?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens one minute before the end of the world?
2. Why do people in the 26 April 1905 dream choose to live in the mountains?
3. Describe the people who live by "bodily time."
4. Why does Besso believe that there are problems with Einstein's reasoning behind his creation of a theory of time?
5. Why is there no communication between people of the present and people from the future? (16 April 1905)
6. What is the tragedy of the world described in the 10 May 1905 dream?
7. What is the problem living life within the confines of solitary moments? (14 April 1905)
8. How does Einstein's desk differ from the others in the patent office?
9. Why does Besso think that Einstein is capable of anything?
10. Explain the meeting between the two couples in the 4 May 1905 dream.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)