|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the people in the world, described in the "10 June 1905" dream, who attempt to quantify time?
(a) They leave to find a place where they can quantify time.
(b) They are banished into other "worlds."
(c) They turn to stone.
(d) They turn to ice.
2. What can a person see from the cafe on the corner of Kramagasse and Theaterplatz?
(a) The Zahringer Fountain.
(b) The Aare.
(c) The Bernese Alps.
(d) The whole city of Berne.
3. According to the "22 May 1905" dream, how does time flow in the world described?
(a) Unevenly and fitfully.
(b) In alternating phases of fast and slow.
(c) Smoothly and consistently.
(d) In accelerating spurts.
4. What actions of Einstein's surprised Besso when he looked like Einstein does now?
(a) When Einstein took a leave from work to travel with Besso on a personal health vacation.
(b) When Einstein came to Besso's home to care for him.
(c) Einstein took Besso into his home and cared for him for a month.
(d) When Einstein quit his own job to care for Besso.
5. According to the narrator, in the world described in the "22 May 1905" dream, what happens to people who have not had "their vision"?
(a) Their world is one of constant reminders of deeds gone wrong.
(b) Their world is one of inevitable failures.
(c) Their world is one of constant success.
(d) Their world is one of inactive suspense.
6. Who is the author of the paper that Einstein left on Besso's desk?
7. In the "15 June 1905" dream, how many years in the future does the young woman go?
8. What does the middle-aged man in the "2 June 1905" dream hope to know about that no one else has ever known?
(c) Facts about light.
(d) Laws of Time.
9. Where are Besso and Einstein sitting in the second Interlude?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A brasserie.
(d) Besso's home.
10. What is time, in the "17 June 1905" dream, described as?
(a) A stretch of veins in the human body.
(b) A congested interstate.
(c) A length of braided rope.
(d) A stretch of nerve fibers.
11. According to the "3 June 1905" dream, what is a life planned by?
12. Who is carried into the woman's home (in the "2 June 1905" dream)?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her grandmother.
13. How do the Laters walk and dress?
(a) The Laters walk when they have to only and wear bed-clothes at all times.
(b) The Laters walk with an easy gait and dress in loose fitting clothes.
(c) The Laters walk hurriedly so as to not be accosted into doing something now and they wear robes.
(d) The Laters walk absentmindedly and wear long dress like clothing.
14. What does the woman in the "2 June 1905" dream begin teaching?
15. According to the "5 June 1905" dream, how does this world seem?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago, in the "17 June 1905" dream, did the lovers meet?
2. What have those who live in the world of the "9 June 1905" dream determined is the only way to live?
3. In the "15 June 1905" dream, what is the young woman staring at?
4. How are events triggered in the world described in the "10 June 1905" dream?
5. How is the population of the cities in the "9 June 1905" dreams split?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)