Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the paper that Einstein left on Besso's desk?
2. What does the narrator want readers to "suppose" in the "9 June 1905" dream?
(a) That people live forever.
(b) That people die only after they have achieved their dreams.
(c) That life exists in several dimensions at the same time.
(d) That time exists in a vacuum.
3. How are events triggered in the world described in the "10 June 1905" dream?
(a) By meeting standards.
(b) By measurements.
(c) By time alone.
(d) By other events.
4. What do all of the people of the world described in the "9 June 1905" dream have in common?
(a) A long list of misdeeds.
(b) An infinite list of relatives.
(c) A lifetime to complete their goals.
(d) A mastering of time.
5. What time of the day is it at the beginning of the second Interlude?
(b) Late evening.
(d) Early morning.
6. What animal are people who heed time compared to in the 3 June 1905 dream?
7. In the "11 June 1905" dream, imagining the _____________ is no more possible than seeing colors beyond _______________.
(d) Future/ Violet.
8. How is time described in the "17 June 1905" dream?
(a) As flashes.
(b) As explosive.
(c) As discontinuous.
(d) As continuous.
9. What does the woman in the "2 June 1905" dream begin teaching?
10. According to the "29 May 1905" dream, why does this world exist as it does?
(a) Time passes more slowly for those in motion.
(b) Time passes more slowly for those in distress.
(c) Time passes more slowly for those who keep order.
(d) Time passes in slow motion.
11. What month is it, in the "15 June 1905" dream, for the young man in the polytechnic in Zurich?
12. What does the narrator want readers to imagine in the "3 June 1905" dream?
(a) That people live for only 2 days.
(b) That people live only one day.
(c) That people live for only 36 hours.
(d) That people live for only 12 hours.
13. For people in the world described in the "20 May 1905" dream, what does each one carry?
(a) A cross to ward off evil.
(b) Personal cameras to record their visits.
(c) Their own record of sins.
(d) Their own personal Book of Life.
14. How is the population of the cities in the "9 June 1905" dreams split?
(a) In three: The Laters, the Nows, and the Nevers.
(b) In two: The Laters and the Nows.
(c) In three: The Laters, the Nows, the Intentionals.
(d) In four: The Laters, the Nows, the Nevers, and the Always.
15. Where is Einstein looking as the second Interlude comes to a close?
(a) Towards the town clock.
(b) Towards the Bernese Alps.
(c) Into space.
(d) Towards Aare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is time, in the "17 June 1905" dream, described as?
2. Who is responsible for discovering the "speed effect?"
3. In the world described in the "3 June 1905" dream, how do people learn about the seasons?
4. In the "2 June 1905" dream, how does the story of the woman end?
5. In the "11 June 1905" dream, what is the last thought that the young man has?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)