|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have those who live in the world of the "9 June 1905" dream determined is the only way to live?
(a) To die.
(b) To ask all others of their advice.
(c) To ignore all others advice.
(d) To do as much as they can, as soon as they can.
2. What does the woman in the "2 June 1905" dream begin teaching?
3. In the third Interlude, what does Besso say that he sees in the clouds?
(a) A man on a horse.
(b) A goat chasing a man.
(c) A dog chasing a child.
(d) A dog chasing a rabbit.
4. According to the narrator, in the world described in the "22 May 1905" dream, what happens to people who have had "their vision"?
(a) Their world is one of constant failures.
(b) Their world is one of guaranteed success.
(c) Their world is fragmented.
(d) Their world is one of uncompleted plans.
5. In the "2 June 1905" dream, how does the story of the woman end?
(a) The "woman" at her graduation from gymnasium.
(b) The "woman" in her mother's womb.
(c) The "woman" at her birth.
(d) The "woman" nursing.
6. According to the "22 May 1905" dream, how does time flow in the world described?
(a) Smoothly and consistently.
(b) In accelerating spurts.
(c) Unevenly and fitfully.
(d) In alternating phases of fast and slow.
7. In the second Interlude, what is the first dialogue between Besso and Einstein that the reader comes across?
(a) Besso asking Einstein if he is ill.
(b) Besso asking Einstein how his theory is going.
(c) Besso telling Einstein he does not look well.
(d) Besso telling Einstein that he needs to see a doctor.
8. What can a person see from the cafe on the corner of Kramagasse and Theaterplatz?
(a) The Zahringer Fountain.
(b) The Bernese Alps.
(c) The Aare.
(d) The whole city of Berne.
9. According to the dream on 3 June 1905, what is life a brief movement of?
(a) Arms and legs.
(c) A snowflake.
(d) A clock hand.
10. What does the narrator want readers to imagine in the "3 June 1905" dream?
(a) That people live only one day.
(b) That people live for only 36 hours.
(c) That people live for only 12 hours.
(d) That people live for only 2 days.
11. What actions of Einstein's surprised Besso when he looked like Einstein does now?
(a) Einstein took Besso into his home and cared for him for a month.
(b) When Einstein came to Besso's home to care for him.
(c) When Einstein quit his own job to care for Besso.
(d) When Einstein took a leave from work to travel with Besso on a personal health vacation.
12. According to the narrator in the "22 May 1905" dream, a world that gives brief scenes from the future, what kinds of risks do people take?
(a) Only the risks that concern their children.
(b) Everything a person does is a risk.
(c) None at all.
13. How old is the young woman, in the "15 June 190" dream, when she finally stops her travel into the future?
14. According to the "5 June 1905" dream, how does this world seem?
15. What does the middle-aged man in the "2 June 1905" dream hope to know about that no one else has ever known?
(a) Facts about light.
(c) Laws of Time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the clouds appear, in the "17 June 1905" dream, after a gap in time?
2. What happens to the woman described in the "2 June 1905" dream?
3. What month is it, in the "15 June 1905" dream, for the young man in the polytechnic in Zurich?
4. According to Besso, what does Einstein live without?
5. What is Einstein eating in the second Interlude?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)