|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman in the "2 June 1905" dream begin teaching?
2. What have those who live in the world of the "9 June 1905" dream determined is the only way to live?
(a) To do as much as they can, as soon as they can.
(b) To die.
(c) To ignore all others advice.
(d) To ask all others of their advice.
3. How old is the young woman, in the "15 June 190" dream, when she finally stops her travel into the future?
4. How do the Laters walk and dress?
(a) The Laters walk absentmindedly and wear long dress like clothing.
(b) The Laters walk hurriedly so as to not be accosted into doing something now and they wear robes.
(c) The Laters walk when they have to only and wear bed-clothes at all times.
(d) The Laters walk with an easy gait and dress in loose fitting clothes.
5. In the "11 June 1905" dream, what is the last thought that the young man has?
(a) That the world ends in rain.
(b) That the world ends in sunlight.
(c) That the world ends in cloudy skies.
(d) That the world ends in darkness.
6. How does the narrator describe births, marriages, and deaths in the 15 June 1905 dream?
(a) Insignificant happenings.
(b) Overly significant happenings.
(c) Doors to choose to enter.
(d) Signposts in time.
7. According to Besso, what does Einstein live without?
8. Where does Besso invite Einstein to come to at the close of the second Interlude?
(a) To the Ristorante Cooperativo for dinner.
(b) To dinner at the Basin Park Hotel.
(c) To dinner at Besso's home.
(d) To the Colombia Restaurant for dinner.
9. How are events triggered in the world described in the "10 June 1905" dream?
(a) By other events.
(b) By time alone.
(c) By meeting standards.
(d) By measurements.
10. What is the paper on that Einstein set on Besso's desk (as told in the second Interlude)?
(a) Transformation equations.
11. What actions of Einstein's surprised Besso when he looked like Einstein does now?
(a) When Einstein came to Besso's home to care for him.
(b) When Einstein quit his own job to care for Besso.
(c) When Einstein took a leave from work to travel with Besso on a personal health vacation.
(d) Einstein took Besso into his home and cared for him for a month.
12. In the "17 June 1905" dream, why is the baker yelling at a woman?
(a) She is his lover and they are arguing.
(b) She is not making her regular pick-ups on time.
(c) She has not paid her bill.
(d) She is late for work.
13. According to the "22 May 1905" dream, how does time flow in the world described?
(a) Smoothly and consistently.
(b) Unevenly and fitfully.
(c) In accelerating spurts.
(d) In alternating phases of fast and slow.
14. Why do some people, in the world described in the "29 May 1905" dream, refuse to look out their windows?
(a) Because they live in complete solitude and what no interference.
(b) Because they are afraid that others are moving slower than they are.
(c) Because they are afraid to look upon the clock tower on Kramgasse.
(d) Because they are mad that others are traveling faster than they are.
15. In the third Interlude, what does Besso say that he sees in the clouds?
(a) A goat chasing a man.
(b) A dog chasing a child.
(c) A man on a horse.
(d) A dog chasing a rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Besso and Einstein sitting in the second Interlude?
2. How is the world actually seen by its residents in the "5 June 1905" dream?
3. How can Besso tell that Einstein is making progress on his theory?
4. What animal are people who heed time compared to in the 3 June 1905 dream?
5. In the "17 June 1905" dream, why does the young man tell his lover that he cannot see her again?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)