|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of person does Besso think Einstein is?
(a) A man exalted too early in life.
(b) A recluse and introvert.
(c) A man torn by innovations.
(d) A socialite and extrovert.
2. According to the narrator, what did "just as things will be repeated in the future, all things now happening" do?
(a) Only happened once before.
(b) Never happened before.
(c) Happened a million times before.
(d) Happened a hundred times before.
3. What does the European Union of 1979 depend upon?
(a) The meeting of Fredderik Strauss and Ivan Tauchnik.
(b) Hans Klausen's birth.
(c) The marriage of Franz Kipperten and Penelope Marden.
(d) The death of Sanze Kinterton.
4. What month is it in the "19 April 1905" dream?
5. Why is the woman, hiding at no. 22 Kamgasse, crouching in the shadows?
(a) She is not sure where she is.
(b) She is afraid of being attacked.
(c) She is afraid of kicking up dust.
(d) She has been assaulted and does not know whom to trust.
6. According to the narrator, people in their correct time period do not make contact with those from the future. How are those from the future looked at?
(a) They are immortalized.
(b) They are honored.
(c) They are pitied.
(d) They are feared.
7. What does the narrator say about a world with no time?
(a) There is no life without time.
(b) The world forgets how to function.
(c) Without time the world fails to progress at a natural pace.
(d) People take too much for granted.
8. Where do all of the people gather one minute before the end of the world?
(a) On the Kunst museum grounds.
(b) On the grounds of their churches.
(c) In the square.
(d) In the water of the Aare.
9. One day before the end of the world, how are the streets described?
(b) Swirling in laughter.
(c) Full of animals who have taken over.
(d) In the process of being cleaned.
10. What rushes forward to envelope the people in the last seconds before the world ends?
(a) Flood waters.
11. Why will schools close a year before the end of the world?
(a) Because schools were to be used as relief centers.
(b) Because "end of the world" vacations needed to be taken.
(c) Because families want time to spend together.
(d) Because there will be no need to learn with the end so close.
12. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
(a) A dog looking for food.
(b) A blue coat.
(c) A red hat.
(d) A child playing in the street.
13. What does the narrator say people transported to the past fear?
(a) They fear not knowing how to act.
(b) Nothing. They are not aware of the time transfer.
(c) A change they make in the past could affect the future.
(d) Making the same mistakes they made in the "future."
14. In the Prologue, how many times does the clock tower chime?
15. Why does Einstein want to understand time?
(a) To be able to plan his life more accordingly.
(b) To get close to The Old One.
(c) To slow time down.
(d) To speed time up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last image readers are left with at the end of the "15 May 1905" dream?
2. What is the name of Basso's wife?
3. According to the dream on "24 April 1905," what happens when the two "times" meet?
4. According to the narrator in the "28 April 1905" dream, what is visible in all places?
5. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, who makes pilgrimages to the center of time?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)