|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what did scientists discover in the past?
(a) That time moves faster the farther one is from the center of the earth.
(b) That time has "blips" that stop all things living.
(c) That time moves slower the farther one is from the center of the earth.
(d) That time never forgets its past.
2. Who is the woman saying goodbye to in the hospital on Gerberngasse?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her child.
(d) Her father.
3. Why does Einstein sneak away from his wife in the middle of the night?
(a) To drink with Besso.
(b) To work on equations.
(c) To walk in solitude.
(d) To meet a mistress.
4. Where are Einstein and Besso walking in the "Interlude?"
(a) On the Kierstach.
(b) On Speichergasse.
(c) On the square.
(d) Near the Aase.
5. What is curious about the town in the "10 May 1905" dream?
(a) The town is split in two and exists as a repetition of each other.
(b) The town exists in three different time periods.
(c) The town exists two centuries in the past.
(d) The town exists one century in the past.
6. What is the name of Einstein's wife?
7. What does the European Union of 1979 depend upon?
(a) The meeting of Fredderik Strauss and Ivan Tauchnik.
(b) The death of Sanze Kinterton.
(c) The marriage of Franz Kipperten and Penelope Marden.
(d) Hans Klausen's birth.
8. What happens to time in the "14 May 1905" dream?
(a) Time stands still.
(b) Time is set in a constant loop.
(c) Time moves slowly.
(d) Time is sped up.
9. In the "3 May 1905" dream, what have most people learned how to do?
(a) Live in the past.
(b) Live for the future.
(c) Live in the moment.
(d) Live in fear.
10. According to the narrator, what do parents treasure given they think they may not witness it again?
(a) Their child's first laugh.
(b) Their child's first smile.
(c) Their child's first cry.
(d) Their child's first words.
11. What happens to light in the "14 May 1905" dreams?
(a) Light exists as ribbons of multifaceted color.
(b) There is no light at all, only pure darkness.
(c) There is only blinding white light.
(d) There is no intensity; light looks like fireflies.
12. What do all of the people who have gathered together one minute before the end of the world do?
(a) Lay down in family groups and hold each other.
(b) Form a circle and hold hands.
(c) Look to the sky and sing.
(d) Kneel and pray.
13. What is the last image readers are left with at the end of the "15 May 1905" dream?
(a) A broken watch.
(b) A book lying on a table.
(c) A clock with pendulum stuck mid-swing.
(d) A yellow brush.
14. According to the narrator, what is the room full of?
(a) Too many hopes to account for.
(b) Dreams and desires.
(c) Practical ideas.
(d) Fluttering beliefs of accomplishment.
15. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
(a) Because their lives are in shambles.
(b) Because their mistakes will be repeated.
(c) Because they have sinned.
(d) Because they feel torn by time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages is the young man's theory of time?
2. What happens one month before the end of the world?
3. What is the name of Basso's wife?
4. What are the two times explained in the "24 April 1905" dream?
5. According to the narrator, what are people in a world of only one day?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)