|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the world in the "15 May 1905" exist?
(a) As a blank slate.
(b) As a black hole, digesting everything in its reach.
(c) Without time and with images.
(d) In black and white only, with no shadow or brightness.
2. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
(a) A child playing in the street.
(b) A blue coat.
(c) A red hat.
(d) A dog looking for food.
3. What is the name of the woman with the brocade in her hair?
4. What do travelers from the future envy?
(b) People who live in their own time.
5. According to the narrator, what are people in a world of only one day?
6. Who is the woman saying goodbye to in the hospital on Gerberngasse?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her child.
7. How many pages is the young man's theory of time?
8. Where is the young man's theory of time to be mailed?
(a) The Swiss journal of physics.
(b) The American journal of physics.
(c) The German journal of physics.
(d) The European journal of physics.
9. According to the narrator, what did scientists discover in the past?
(a) That time moves faster the farther one is from the center of the earth.
(b) That time moves slower the farther one is from the center of the earth.
(c) That time never forgets its past.
(d) That time has "blips" that stop all things living.
10. In the "10 May 1905" dream, why is one man sitting at a table weeping uncontrollably?
(a) His son has just passed away.
(b) He was never able to tell his father that he loved him.
(c) He just lost his job.
(d) His wife is dying of cancer.
11. What happens to time in the "14 May 1905" dream?
(a) Time is set in a constant loop.
(b) Time moves slowly.
(c) Time is sped up.
(d) Time stands still.
12. What month does the Swiss and English couple meet to vacation together?
13. According to the narrator, what is the physical body?
(a) A mass of organisms that pull in only one direction.
(b) A mass of organisms that pull in different directions at all times.
(c) A thing to be obeyed, not ordered.
(d) A thing to be ordered, not obeyed.
14. What is the name of Einstein's wife?
15. According to the dream on "24 April 1905," what happens when the two "times" meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Prologue, how many times does the clock tower chime?
2. Why will schools close a year before the end of the world?
3. In what month is the Prologue set?
4. While walking with Einstein, during the Interlude, what does Besso wonder about?
5. What happens one month before the end of the world?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)