|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While walking with Einstein, during the Interlude, what does Besso wonder about?
(a) What his wife has cooked for dinner.
(b) Why he is not the man Einstein is.
(c) Why he ever started this friendship with Einstein.
(d) Einstein's plans for the future.
2. According to the narrator in the "28 April 1905" dream, what is visible in all places?
(c) The future.
(d) The past.
3. What is the last image readers are left with at the end of the "15 May 1905" dream?
(a) A yellow brush.
(b) A book lying on a table.
(c) A broken watch.
(d) A clock with pendulum stuck mid-swing.
4. Why is the woman, hiding at no. 22 Kamgasse, crouching in the shadows?
(a) She has been assaulted and does not know whom to trust.
(b) She is afraid of kicking up dust.
(c) She is afraid of being attacked.
(d) She is not sure where she is.
5. What is the name of Basso's wife?
6. To what does the Zytgloggeturm pay tribute?
(b) The infinite.
(c) The future.
(d) The past.
7. According to the "4 May 1905" dream, "If time and the passage of events are the same" what happens to time?
(a) Time moves very fast.
(b) People move very fast.
(c) People barely move at all.
(d) Time barely moves at all.
8. To take advantage of what scientists have discovered in the past, what have some people done to their homes?
(a) Placed them on stilts in the mountains.
(b) Built them with no contract on time.
(c) Built them on boats over the Equator.
(d) Built them in caves.
9. According to the dream on "24 April 1905," what happens when the two "times" meet?
10. What does the narrator want readers to suppose time is?
(a) A sphere.
(b) An arc.
(c) An ellipse.
(d) A circle.
11. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, who makes pilgrimages to the center of time?
(a) Everyone at least once in his or her life.
(b) Parents with their children and lovers.
(c) Those close to death.
(d) Only newlyweds.
12. Where do the Swiss and English couples meet yearly?
(c) St. Moritz.
13. What does the narrator want readers to consider in the "3 May 1905" dream?
(a) A world in which life and death do not balance.
(b) A world in which life and death balance.
(c) A world in which cause and effect balance.
(d) A world in which cause and effect are erratic.
14. What is the tragedy of the world described in the "10 May 1905" dream?
(a) No one can help but sin.
(b) Everyone is dying.
(c) No one is happy.
(d) Everyone is sick.
15. How does a traveler from the future talk?
(a) They speak in languages not understood by those around them.
(b) They cannot talk because they are mute.
(c) They scream animalistic sounds.
(d) They whisper tortured sounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
2. Why does Einstein want to understand time?
3. How many pages is the young man's theory of time?
4. What kind of person does Besso think Einstein is?
5. According to the narrator, why do people wear watches?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)