|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the room full of?
(a) Practical ideas.
(b) Too many hopes to account for.
(c) Dreams and desires.
(d) Fluttering beliefs of accomplishment.
2. What month does the Swiss and English couple meet to vacation together?
3. To what does the Zytgloggeturm pay tribute?
(a) The infinite.
(c) The future.
(d) The past.
4. According to the narrator, people in their correct time period do not make contact with those from the future. How are those from the future looked at?
(a) They are honored.
(b) They are pitied.
(c) They are immortalized.
(d) They are feared.
5. Where do the Swiss and English couples meet yearly?
(a) St. Moritz.
6. How many pages is the young man's theory of time?
7. One day before the end of the world, how are the streets described?
(b) In the process of being cleaned.
(c) Full of animals who have taken over.
(d) Swirling in laughter.
8. In what month is the Prologue set?
9. Finish the following line: "A world in which time is absolute is a world of ____________."
10. How does the world in the "15 May 1905" exist?
(a) As a blank slate.
(b) In black and white only, with no shadow or brightness.
(c) Without time and with images.
(d) As a black hole, digesting everything in its reach.
11. What does the narrator want readers to suppose time is?
(a) An arc.
(b) A sphere.
(c) An ellipse.
(d) A circle.
12. What happens to light in the "14 May 1905" dreams?
(a) There is only blinding white light.
(b) There is no intensity; light looks like fireflies.
(c) Light exists as ribbons of multifaceted color.
(d) There is no light at all, only pure darkness.
13. How old is Einstein in the novel?
14. What is the name of the woman with the brocade in her hair?
15. What is the name of Basso's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein want to understand time?
2. On the last day of the world, who are the people with the unnatural smiles?
3. What does the narrator say about a world with no time?
4. For the town described in the "4 May 1905" dream, times passes, but what happens?
5. What is curious about the town in the "10 May 1905" dream?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)