|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is curious about the town in the "10 May 1905" dream?
(a) The town exists one century in the past.
(b) The town exists in three different time periods.
(c) The town is split in two and exists as a repetition of each other.
(d) The town exists two centuries in the past.
2. How does a traveler from the future talk?
(a) They whisper tortured sounds.
(b) They speak in languages not understood by those around them.
(c) They cannot talk because they are mute.
(d) They scream animalistic sounds.
3. According to the "4 May 1905" dream, "If time and the passage of events are the same" what happens to time?
(a) People barely move at all.
(b) Time moves very fast.
(c) People move very fast.
(d) Time barely moves at all.
4. What do travelers from the future envy?
(c) People who live in their own time.
5. Why is the woman in the linen shop on Amthausgasse?
(a) To purchase linens for a funeral.
(b) To purchase linens for her daughter's wedding.
(c) To talk to her friend about losing her job.
(d) To talk to her friend about a project that is coming due.
6. On the last day of the world, who are the people with the unnatural smiles?
(a) Those who have not yet atoned for their sins.
(b) Those who do not think the world is going to end.
(c) Those who are attempting to correct misdeeds.
(d) Those who are stealing.
7. According to the narrator, what are people in a world of only one day?
8. Where do the Swiss and English couples meet yearly?
(b) St. Moritz.
9. What happens to time in the "14 May 1905" dream?
(a) Time is sped up.
(b) Time moves slowly.
(c) Time is set in a constant loop.
(d) Time stands still.
10. What do all of the people who have gathered together one minute before the end of the world do?
(a) Form a circle and hold hands.
(b) Kneel and pray.
(c) Lay down in family groups and hold each other.
(d) Look to the sky and sing.
11. According to the narrator, why do people wear watches?
(a) As weight for balance.
(b) As reminders.
(c) As time keepers.
(d) As ornaments.
12. In the Prologue, how many times does the clock tower chime?
13. According to the narrator, people in their correct time period do not make contact with those from the future. How are those from the future looked at?
(a) They are feared.
(b) They are immortalized.
(c) They are pitied.
(d) They are honored.
14. What is the name of the woman with the brocade in her hair?
15. If a person holds no ambitions in the world described in the "4 May 1905" dream, what happens to him?
(a) He lives life in wealth.
(b) He suffers knowingly.
(c) He lives life in poverty.
(d) He suffers unknowingly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman saying goodbye to in the hospital on Gerberngasse?
2. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
3. Why does Einstein want to understand time?
4. In the "3 May 1905" dream, what have most people learned how to do?
5. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, who makes pilgrimages to the center of time?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)