|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the physical body?
(a) A thing to be ordered, not obeyed.
(b) A mass of organisms that pull in only one direction.
(c) A thing to be obeyed, not ordered.
(d) A mass of organisms that pull in different directions at all times.
2. What did Einstein's theory of time begin as?
(a) An investigation of Plato's theories.
(b) An investigation of electricity and magnetism.
(c) An investigation of survival of the fittest.
(d) An investigation of Socrates' theories.
3. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
(a) Because they have sinned.
(b) Because their lives are in shambles.
(c) Because they feel torn by time.
(d) Because their mistakes will be repeated.
4. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what does the passage of time bring?
(a) Decreasing anxiety.
(b) Decreasing order.
(c) Increasing order.
(d) Increasing anxiety.
5. In the "3 May 1905" dream, what have most people learned how to do?
(a) Live in fear.
(b) Live in the moment.
(c) Live in the past.
(d) Live for the future.
6. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, why do children who have left the city curse their parents?
(a) For loving them too much.
(b) For extending their life.
(c) For trying to hold them forever.
(d) For bearing them in the first place.
7. What does the narrator want readers to suppose time is?
(a) A circle.
(b) An ellipse.
(c) An arc.
(d) A sphere.
8. Why does Einstein want to understand time?
(a) To get close to The Old One.
(b) To slow time down.
(c) To speed time up.
(d) To be able to plan his life more accordingly.
9. How many times do the St. Vincent's Cathedral bells chime at the end of the 24 April 1905 dream?
10. Why is the woman, hiding at no. 22 Kamgasse, crouching in the shadows?
(a) She is afraid of kicking up dust.
(b) She has been assaulted and does not know whom to trust.
(c) She is afraid of being attacked.
(d) She is not sure where she is.
11. What is wondrous about the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream?
(a) Money is not needed.
(b) No one needs sleep to re-energize.
(c) Nothing is out of place.
(d) All inhabitants live in dream-like states.
12. What is the name of Basso's wife?
13. Why is the woman in the linen shop on Amthausgasse?
(a) To talk to her friend about a project that is coming due.
(b) To purchase linens for her daughter's wedding.
(c) To talk to her friend about losing her job.
(d) To purchase linens for a funeral.
14. Where do the Swiss and English couples meet yearly?
(b) St. Moritz.
15. If a person holds no ambitions in the world described in the "4 May 1905" dream, what happens to him?
(a) He suffers knowingly.
(b) He suffers unknowingly.
(c) He lives life in poverty.
(d) He lives life in wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to light in the "14 May 1905" dreams?
2. What does the narrator say people transported to the past fear?
3. Where is the young man's theory of time to be mailed?
4. What do travelers from the future envy?
5. Where is Besso's visitor from?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)