|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens one month before the end of the world?
(a) Cities will be shut down and people will move to the country.
(b) Families will gather to spend the last month together.
(c) Governments will shut down and martial law will take over.
(d) Businesses will close.
2. What is the tragedy of the world described in the "10 May 1905" dream?
(a) No one is happy.
(b) No one can help but sin.
(c) Everyone is sick.
(d) Everyone is dying.
3. To what does the Zytgloggeturm pay tribute?
(a) The future.
(c) The infinite.
(d) The past.
4. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what does the passage of time bring?
(a) Decreasing anxiety.
(b) Increasing order.
(c) Decreasing order.
(d) Increasing anxiety.
5. How many times do the St. Vincent's Cathedral bells chime at the end of the 24 April 1905 dream?
6. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
(a) Beethoven's "Fantasy in G."
(b) Beethoven's "Fur Elise."
(c) Beethoven's "The Creatures of Prometheus."
(d) Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata."
7. How many pages is the young man's theory of time?
8. At what time do the people of Berne convene at Kramgasse?
(a) At two minutes to two.
(b) At seven minutes to five.
(c) At four minutes to three.
(d) At three minutes to four.
9. According to the narrator, what is the room full of?
(a) Too many hopes to account for.
(b) Practical ideas.
(c) Fluttering beliefs of accomplishment.
(d) Dreams and desires.
10. According to the "8 May 1905" dream, what is the date the world will end?
(a) 9 May 1906.
(b) 12 December 2012.
(c) 9 June 1905.
(d) 26 September 1907.
11. According to the dream on "24 April 1905," what happens when the two "times" meet?
12. Who is the woman saying goodbye to in the hospital on Gerberngasse?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her child.
13. According to the narrator, what do parents treasure given they think they may not witness it again?
(a) Their child's first smile.
(b) Their child's first words.
(c) Their child's first laugh.
(d) Their child's first cry.
14. What are the two times explained in the "24 April 1905" dream?
(a) Happy and sad time.
(b) Good and bad time.
(c) Natural and imagined time.
(d) Mechanical and body time.
15. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, why do children who have left the city curse their parents?
(a) For bearing them in the first place.
(b) For extending their life.
(c) For trying to hold them forever.
(d) For loving them too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the world in the "15 May 1905" exist?
2. On the last day of the world, who are the people with the unnatural smiles?
3. What does the European Union of 1979 depend upon?
4. In what month is the Prologue set?
5. What is the name of Einstein's wife?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)