|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to light in the "14 May 1905" dreams?
(a) Light exists as ribbons of multifaceted color.
(b) There is no intensity; light looks like fireflies.
(c) There is only blinding white light.
(d) There is no light at all, only pure darkness.
2. Where did Basso and Einstein meet?
3. Where do all of the people gather one minute before the end of the world?
(a) On the Kunst museum grounds.
(b) In the square.
(c) On the grounds of their churches.
(d) In the water of the Aare.
4. For the town described in the "4 May 1905" dream, times passes, but what happens?
(a) Little happens.
(b) Too much happens.
(c) Nothing happens.
(d) Much happens.
5. One day before the end of the world, how are the streets described?
(a) In the process of being cleaned.
(c) Swirling in laughter.
(d) Full of animals who have taken over.
6. What is the last image readers are left with at the end of the "15 May 1905" dream?
(a) A clock with pendulum stuck mid-swing.
(b) A book lying on a table.
(c) A broken watch.
(d) A yellow brush.
7. How old is Einstein in the novel?
8. What does the narrator say people transported to the past fear?
(a) A change they make in the past could affect the future.
(b) Making the same mistakes they made in the "future."
(c) They fear not knowing how to act.
(d) Nothing. They are not aware of the time transfer.
9. According to the narrator, what is the room full of?
(a) Fluttering beliefs of accomplishment.
(b) Practical ideas.
(c) Dreams and desires.
(d) Too many hopes to account for.
10. Where is Besso's visitor from?
11. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, why do children who have left the city curse their parents?
(a) For trying to hold them forever.
(b) For extending their life.
(c) For loving them too much.
(d) For bearing them in the first place.
12. According to the narrator in the "3 May 1905" dream, a world of sincerity is also a world of what?
13. What does the European Union of 1979 depend upon?
(a) The marriage of Franz Kipperten and Penelope Marden.
(b) Hans Klausen's birth.
(c) The death of Sanze Kinterton.
(d) The meeting of Fredderik Strauss and Ivan Tauchnik.
14. What is the name of Basso's wife?
15. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
(a) A child playing in the street.
(b) A dog looking for food.
(c) A blue coat.
(d) A red hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time do the people of Berne convene at Kramgasse?
2. What is wondrous about the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream?
3. In what month is the Prologue set?
4. According to the "8 May 1905" dream, what is the date the world will end?
5. What is the woman in the shadows waiting for?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)