|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Einstein's wife?
2. What are the two times explained in the "24 April 1905" dream?
(a) Happy and sad time.
(b) Natural and imagined time.
(c) Mechanical and body time.
(d) Good and bad time.
3. What does the narrator want readers to consider in the "3 May 1905" dream?
(a) A world in which life and death do not balance.
(b) A world in which cause and effect are erratic.
(c) A world in which life and death balance.
(d) A world in which cause and effect balance.
4. Why does Einstein want to understand time?
(a) To be able to plan his life more accordingly.
(b) To get close to The Old One.
(c) To speed time up.
(d) To slow time down.
5. Where are Einstein and Besso walking in the "Interlude?"
(a) On Speichergasse.
(b) On the square.
(c) On the Kierstach.
(d) Near the Aase.
6. What does the narrator say about a world with no time?
(a) People take too much for granted.
(b) The world forgets how to function.
(c) There is no life without time.
(d) Without time the world fails to progress at a natural pace.
7. On the last day of the world, who are the people with the unnatural smiles?
(a) Those who are stealing.
(b) Those who have not yet atoned for their sins.
(c) Those who are attempting to correct misdeeds.
(d) Those who do not think the world is going to end.
8. Who is the woman saying goodbye to in the hospital on Gerberngasse?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her child.
(d) Her father.
9. At what time do the people of Berne convene at Kramgasse?
(a) At seven minutes to five.
(b) At two minutes to two.
(c) At four minutes to three.
(d) At three minutes to four.
10. According to the narrator, without commitment there is what?
11. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what does the passage of time bring?
(a) Decreasing order.
(b) Increasing order.
(c) Increasing anxiety.
(d) Decreasing anxiety.
12. How does a traveler from the future talk?
(a) They scream animalistic sounds.
(b) They speak in languages not understood by those around them.
(c) They cannot talk because they are mute.
(d) They whisper tortured sounds.
13. According to the narrator in the "28 April 1905" dream, what is visible in all places?
(a) The past.
(d) The future.
14. According to the narrator, what are people in a world of only one day?
15. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
(a) Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata."
(b) Beethoven's "The Creatures of Prometheus."
(c) Beethoven's "Fantasy in G."
(d) Beethoven's "Fur Elise."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Basso's wife?
2. What is the last image readers are left with at the end of the "15 May 1905" dream?
3. Where did Basso and Einstein meet?
4. Why does Einstein sneak away from his wife in the middle of the night?
5. What happens to light in the "14 May 1905" dreams?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)