|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rushes forward to envelope the people in the last seconds before the world ends?
(c) Flood waters.
2. What does the European Union of 1979 depend upon?
(a) The meeting of Fredderik Strauss and Ivan Tauchnik.
(b) Hans Klausen's birth.
(c) The death of Sanze Kinterton.
(d) The marriage of Franz Kipperten and Penelope Marden.
3. How many dimensions does the man in the leather coat live in simultaneously?
4. According to the narrator, what do people who have been transported back in time wear?
(a) Dark, indistinct clothing.
(b) Nothing; their clothing does not transfer to other time periods.
(c) Bright, illuminating clothing.
(d) Tatters of clothes.
5. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what does the passage of time bring?
(a) Increasing order.
(b) Decreasing anxiety.
(c) Increasing anxiety.
(d) Decreasing order.
6. To what does the Zytgloggeturm pay tribute?
(a) The future.
(b) The infinite.
(c) The past.
7. What month does the Swiss and English couple meet to vacation together?
8. How many pages is the young man's theory of time?
9. What did Einstein's theory of time begin as?
(a) An investigation of electricity and magnetism.
(b) An investigation of Socrates' theories.
(c) An investigation of survival of the fittest.
(d) An investigation of Plato's theories.
10. According to the "4 May 1905" dream, "If time and the passage of events are the same" what happens to time?
(a) People move very fast.
(b) Time moves very fast.
(c) People barely move at all.
(d) Time barely moves at all.
11. According to the narrator, what is a world with one month a world of?
12. Where does the man in the leather jacket work at in Berne?
(a) A bank.
(b) A tavern.
(c) A brasserie.
(d) A pharmaceutical.
13. For the town described in the "4 May 1905" dream, times passes, but what happens?
(a) Much happens.
(b) Nothing happens.
(c) Little happens.
(d) Too much happens.
14. According to the narrator, why do people wear watches?
(a) As reminders.
(b) As time keepers.
(c) As ornaments.
(d) As weight for balance.
15. What does the narrator say people transported to the past fear?
(a) Making the same mistakes they made in the "future."
(b) A change they make in the past could affect the future.
(c) They fear not knowing how to act.
(d) Nothing. They are not aware of the time transfer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein want to understand time?
2. According to the narrator, what are people in a world of only one day?
3. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, why do children who have left the city curse their parents?
4. Where do all of the people gather one minute before the end of the world?
5. One day before the end of the world, how are the streets described?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)