|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about a world with no time?
(a) Without time the world fails to progress at a natural pace.
(b) People take too much for granted.
(c) There is no life without time.
(d) The world forgets how to function.
2. According to the narrator, what is a world with one month a world of?
3. What do all of the people who have gathered together one minute before the end of the world do?
(a) Lay down in family groups and hold each other.
(b) Kneel and pray.
(c) Look to the sky and sing.
(d) Form a circle and hold hands.
4. According to the narrator in the "3 May 1905" dream, a world of sincerity is also a world of what?
5. Where is the young man's theory of time to be mailed?
(a) The European journal of physics.
(b) The American journal of physics.
(c) The German journal of physics.
(d) The Swiss journal of physics.
6. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
(a) A child playing in the street.
(b) A red hat.
(c) A blue coat.
(d) A dog looking for food.
7. In the "3 May 1905" dream, what have most people learned how to do?
(a) Live in fear.
(b) Live in the moment.
(c) Live for the future.
(d) Live in the past.
8. Who is the woman saying goodbye to in the hospital on Gerberngasse?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her child.
9. According to the narrator, what did scientists discover in the past?
(a) That time never forgets its past.
(b) That time moves slower the farther one is from the center of the earth.
(c) That time has "blips" that stop all things living.
(d) That time moves faster the farther one is from the center of the earth.
10. How does time move in the "14 May 1905" dream?
(a) Inward in spirals, exploding at the center.
(b) Outward in spirals, at rest in the center.
(c) Inward in concentric circles, exploding at the center.
(d) Outward in concentric circles, at rest at the center.
11. To take advantage of what scientists have discovered in the past, what have some people done to their homes?
(a) Built them with no contract on time.
(b) Built them in caves.
(c) Built them on boats over the Equator.
(d) Placed them on stilts in the mountains.
12. What is the tragedy of the world described in the "10 May 1905" dream?
(a) No one can help but sin.
(b) No one is happy.
(c) Everyone is dying.
(d) Everyone is sick.
13. In what month is the Prologue set?
14. What is the name of the woman with the brocade in her hair?
15. According to the "8 May 1905" dream, what is the date the world will end?
(a) 26 September 1907.
(b) 9 June 1905.
(c) 12 December 2012.
(d) 9 May 1906.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what do people who have been transported back in time wear?
2. Where did Basso and Einstein meet?
3. What month does the Swiss and English couple meet to vacation together?
4. What is wondrous about the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream?
5. According to the narrator, what is the room full of?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)