|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Einstein's theory of time begin as?
(a) An investigation of electricity and magnetism.
(b) An investigation of Plato's theories.
(c) An investigation of Socrates' theories.
(d) An investigation of survival of the fittest.
2. Where is the young man's theory of time to be mailed?
(a) The European journal of physics.
(b) The Swiss journal of physics.
(c) The American journal of physics.
(d) The German journal of physics.
3. How old is Einstein in the novel?
4. To take advantage of what scientists have discovered in the past, what have some people done to their homes?
(a) Built them with no contract on time.
(b) Built them on boats over the Equator.
(c) Placed them on stilts in the mountains.
(d) Built them in caves.
5. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
(a) Beethoven's "The Creatures of Prometheus."
(b) Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata."
(c) Beethoven's "Fantasy in G."
(d) Beethoven's "Fur Elise."
6. Where do all of the people gather one minute before the end of the world?
(a) On the grounds of their churches.
(b) On the Kunst museum grounds.
(c) In the water of the Aare.
(d) In the square.
7. According to the narrator in the "28 April 1905" dream, what is visible in all places?
(c) The future.
(d) The past.
8. In the Prologue, how many times does the clock tower chime?
9. To what does the Zytgloggeturm pay tribute?
(a) The future.
(b) The infinite.
(c) The past.
10. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, why do children who have left the city curse their parents?
(a) For extending their life.
(b) For trying to hold them forever.
(c) For loving them too much.
(d) For bearing them in the first place.
11. What is the tragedy of the world described in the "10 May 1905" dream?
(a) Everyone is sick.
(b) Everyone is dying.
(c) No one is happy.
(d) No one can help but sin.
12. Where are Einstein and Besso walking in the "Interlude?"
(a) On the Kierstach.
(b) On Speichergasse.
(c) On the square.
(d) Near the Aase.
13. According to the narrator, without commitment there is what?
14. What does the narrator want readers to suppose time is?
(a) An arc.
(b) An ellipse.
(c) A sphere.
(d) A circle.
15. In the "10 May 1905" dream, why is one man sitting at a table weeping uncontrollably?
(a) He was never able to tell his father that he loved him.
(b) His wife is dying of cancer.
(c) He just lost his job.
(d) His son has just passed away.
Short Answer Questions
1. While walking with Einstein, during the Interlude, what does Besso wonder about?
2. What happens to light in the "14 May 1905" dreams?
3. Where is Besso's visitor from?
4. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what happens in the springtime?
5. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, who makes pilgrimages to the center of time?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)