|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator want readers to suppose time is?
(a) A sphere.
(b) An ellipse.
(c) An arc.
(d) A circle.
2. What do travelers from the future envy?
(c) People who live in their own time.
3. According to the narrator, what is a world with one month a world of?
4. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
(a) A red hat.
(b) A child playing in the street.
(c) A blue coat.
(d) A dog looking for food.
5. What rushes forward to envelope the people in the last seconds before the world ends?
(a) Flood waters.
6. According to the narrator, what do parents treasure given they think they may not witness it again?
(a) Their child's first words.
(b) Their child's first cry.
(c) Their child's first laugh.
(d) Their child's first smile.
7. What did Einstein's theory of time begin as?
(a) An investigation of Socrates' theories.
(b) An investigation of electricity and magnetism.
(c) An investigation of Plato's theories.
(d) An investigation of survival of the fittest.
8. How many dimensions does the man in the leather coat live in simultaneously?
9. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what does the passage of time bring?
(a) Decreasing anxiety.
(b) Increasing anxiety.
(c) Increasing order.
(d) Decreasing order.
10. How many times do the St. Vincent's Cathedral bells chime at the end of the 24 April 1905 dream?
11. What does the European Union of 1979 depend upon?
(a) The marriage of Franz Kipperten and Penelope Marden.
(b) Hans Klausen's birth.
(c) The death of Sanze Kinterton.
(d) The meeting of Fredderik Strauss and Ivan Tauchnik.
12. Where did Basso and Einstein meet?
13. Why is the woman in the linen shop on Amthausgasse?
(a) To purchase linens for her daughter's wedding.
(b) To talk to her friend about a project that is coming due.
(c) To purchase linens for a funeral.
(d) To talk to her friend about losing her job.
14. Finish the following line: "A world in which time is absolute is a world of ____________."
15. What is the woman in the shadows waiting for?
(a) To be arrested so she can keep her timeline of life intact.
(b) To be carried back to her own time.
(c) To hear the church bells chime three times.
(d) To hear a cardinal sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tragedy of the world described in the "10 May 1905" dream?
2. Why is the woman, hiding at no. 22 Kamgasse, crouching in the shadows?
3. To what does the Zytgloggeturm pay tribute?
4. According to the narrator, what is the room full of?
5. According to the narrator in the "28 April 1905" dream, what is visible in all places?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)