|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what did "just as things will be repeated in the future, all things now happening" do?
(a) Only happened once before.
(b) Happened a million times before.
(c) Never happened before.
(d) Happened a hundred times before.
2. In the "10 May 1905" dream, why is one man sitting at a table weeping uncontrollably?
(a) He just lost his job.
(b) His wife is dying of cancer.
(c) His son has just passed away.
(d) He was never able to tell his father that he loved him.
3. What are the two times explained in the "24 April 1905" dream?
(a) Natural and imagined time.
(b) Happy and sad time.
(c) Good and bad time.
(d) Mechanical and body time.
4. What is the name of the woman with the brocade in her hair?
5. What is curious about the town in the "10 May 1905" dream?
(a) The town exists two centuries in the past.
(b) The town is split in two and exists as a repetition of each other.
(c) The town exists one century in the past.
(d) The town exists in three different time periods.
6. Why does the terrace of the Bundesterrasse have a striking view?
(a) Because of the view of the cathedral.
(b) Because of the view of the square.
(c) Because of the Aare river and the Bernese Alps.
(d) Because of the view of the Bundes Falls.
7. What do all of the people who have gathered together one minute before the end of the world do?
(a) Kneel and pray.
(b) Lay down in family groups and hold each other.
(c) Look to the sky and sing.
(d) Form a circle and hold hands.
8. In what month is the Prologue set?
9. What happens one month before the end of the world?
(a) Cities will be shut down and people will move to the country.
(b) Families will gather to spend the last month together.
(c) Businesses will close.
(d) Governments will shut down and martial law will take over.
10. On the last day of the world, who are the people with the unnatural smiles?
(a) Those who are attempting to correct misdeeds.
(b) Those who have not yet atoned for their sins.
(c) Those who are stealing.
(d) Those who do not think the world is going to end.
11. According to the narrator, why do people wear watches?
(a) As ornaments.
(b) As reminders.
(c) As weight for balance.
(d) As time keepers.
12. In the "3 May 1905" dream, what have most people learned how to do?
(a) Live in the moment.
(b) Live in fear.
(c) Live in the past.
(d) Live for the future.
13. To what does the Zytgloggeturm pay tribute?
(a) The future.
(b) The past.
(c) The infinite.
14. According to the "8 May 1905" dream, what is the date the world will end?
(a) 9 June 1905.
(b) 12 December 2012.
(c) 9 May 1906.
(d) 26 September 1907.
15. One day before the end of the world, how are the streets described?
(a) In the process of being cleaned.
(c) Full of animals who have taken over.
(d) Swirling in laughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, who makes pilgrimages to the center of time?
2. What is the tragedy of the world described in the "10 May 1905" dream?
3. How many dimensions does the man in the leather coat live in simultaneously?
4. Finish the following line: "A world in which time is absolute is a world of ____________."
5. Who is the woman saying goodbye to in the hospital on Gerberngasse?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)