|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wondrous about the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream?
(a) Nothing is out of place.
(b) All inhabitants live in dream-like states.
(c) Money is not needed.
(d) No one needs sleep to re-energize.
2. In the "10 May 1905" dream, why is one man sitting at a table weeping uncontrollably?
(a) He was never able to tell his father that he loved him.
(b) His wife is dying of cancer.
(c) His son has just passed away.
(d) He just lost his job.
3. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, who makes pilgrimages to the center of time?
(a) Those close to death.
(b) Everyone at least once in his or her life.
(c) Only newlyweds.
(d) Parents with their children and lovers.
4. According to the narrator, people in their correct time period do not make contact with those from the future. How are those from the future looked at?
(a) They are feared.
(b) They are pitied.
(c) They are immortalized.
(d) They are honored.
5. How does time move in the "14 May 1905" dream?
(a) Inward in concentric circles, exploding at the center.
(b) Outward in concentric circles, at rest at the center.
(c) Outward in spirals, at rest in the center.
(d) Inward in spirals, exploding at the center.
6. Where is Besso's visitor from?
7. Why will schools close a year before the end of the world?
(a) Because families want time to spend together.
(b) Because "end of the world" vacations needed to be taken.
(c) Because there will be no need to learn with the end so close.
(d) Because schools were to be used as relief centers.
8. According to the narrator, what is the room full of?
(a) Fluttering beliefs of accomplishment.
(b) Too many hopes to account for.
(c) Practical ideas.
(d) Dreams and desires.
9. How many times do the St. Vincent's Cathedral bells chime at the end of the 24 April 1905 dream?
10. Why does Einstein want to understand time?
(a) To slow time down.
(b) To speed time up.
(c) To get close to The Old One.
(d) To be able to plan his life more accordingly.
11. Finish the following line: "A world in which time is absolute is a world of ____________."
12. Where are Einstein and Besso walking in the "Interlude?"
(a) On Speichergasse.
(b) On the square.
(c) Near the Aase.
(d) On the Kierstach.
13. While walking with Einstein, during the Interlude, what does Besso wonder about?
(a) What his wife has cooked for dinner.
(b) Einstein's plans for the future.
(c) Why he is not the man Einstein is.
(d) Why he ever started this friendship with Einstein.
14. According to the narrator, what is a world with one month a world of?
15. According to the narrator in the "28 April 1905" dream, what is visible in all places?
(a) The future.
(d) The past.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the dream on "24 April 1905," what happens when the two "times" meet?
2. What do travelers from the future envy?
3. If a person holds no ambitions in the world described in the "4 May 1905" dream, what happens to him?
4. What is the name of Basso's wife?
5. What month is it in the "19 April 1905" dream?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)