|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it in the "19 April 1905" dream?
2. What does the narrator want readers to suppose time is?
(a) An ellipse.
(b) A sphere.
(c) An arc.
(d) A circle.
3. How does time move in the "14 May 1905" dream?
(a) Outward in concentric circles, at rest at the center.
(b) Inward in concentric circles, exploding at the center.
(c) Inward in spirals, exploding at the center.
(d) Outward in spirals, at rest in the center.
4. What did Einstein's theory of time begin as?
(a) An investigation of Plato's theories.
(b) An investigation of Socrates' theories.
(c) An investigation of electricity and magnetism.
(d) An investigation of survival of the fittest.
5. According to the narrator, what do people who have been transported back in time wear?
(a) Dark, indistinct clothing.
(b) Tatters of clothes.
(c) Bright, illuminating clothing.
(d) Nothing; their clothing does not transfer to other time periods.
6. According to the narrator, what is the physical body?
(a) A thing to be ordered, not obeyed.
(b) A thing to be obeyed, not ordered.
(c) A mass of organisms that pull in different directions at all times.
(d) A mass of organisms that pull in only one direction.
7. What kind of person does Besso think Einstein is?
(a) A man exalted too early in life.
(b) A man torn by innovations.
(c) A recluse and introvert.
(d) A socialite and extrovert.
8. Why is the woman, hiding at no. 22 Kamgasse, crouching in the shadows?
(a) She is afraid of being attacked.
(b) She has been assaulted and does not know whom to trust.
(c) She is not sure where she is.
(d) She is afraid of kicking up dust.
9. According to the narrator, without commitment there is what?
10. What month does the Swiss and English couple meet to vacation together?
11. Why does Einstein sneak away from his wife in the middle of the night?
(a) To walk in solitude.
(b) To meet a mistress.
(c) To work on equations.
(d) To drink with Besso.
12. At what time do the people of Berne convene at Kramgasse?
(a) At three minutes to four.
(b) At four minutes to three.
(c) At two minutes to two.
(d) At seven minutes to five.
13. If a person holds no ambitions in the world described in the "4 May 1905" dream, what happens to him?
(a) He suffers unknowingly.
(b) He lives life in wealth.
(c) He lives life in poverty.
(d) He suffers knowingly.
14. What happens one month before the end of the world?
(a) Businesses will close.
(b) Governments will shut down and martial law will take over.
(c) Cities will be shut down and people will move to the country.
(d) Families will gather to spend the last month together.
15. According to the "4 May 1905" dream, "If time and the passage of events are the same" what happens to time?
(a) Time moves very fast.
(b) Time barely moves at all.
(c) People move very fast.
(d) People barely move at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the European Union of 1979 depend upon?
2. What is curious about the town in the "10 May 1905" dream?
3. According to the narrator in the "3 May 1905" dream, a world of sincerity is also a world of what?
4. Why does Einstein want to understand time?
5. In what month is the Prologue set?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)