|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 June 1905 through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are events triggered in the world described in the "10 June 1905" dream?
(a) By time alone.
(b) By measurements.
(c) By meeting standards.
(d) By other events.
2. Why does the young man choose to return to his proper place in time rather than staying a few minutes in the future in the "15 June 1905" dream?
(a) The future is cold and uncertain.
(b) The future brings bad news regarding his doctorate.
(c) The future is too warm.
(d) The future contains a death he is not ready for.
3. According to the "4 May 1905" dream, "If time and the passage of events are the same" what happens to time?
(a) People barely move at all.
(b) Time barely moves at all.
(c) People move very fast.
(d) Time moves very fast.
4. How does time move in the "14 May 1905" dream?
(a) Outward in concentric circles, at rest at the center.
(b) Inward in spirals, exploding at the center.
(c) Outward in spirals, at rest in the center.
(d) Inward in concentric circles, exploding at the center.
5. What is the paper on that Einstein set on Besso's desk (as told in the second Interlude)?
(d) Transformation equations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the terrace of the Bundesterrasse have a striking view?
2. What do all of the people of the world described in the "9 June 1905" dream have in common?
3. How old is Einstein in the novel?
4. For the town described in the "4 May 1905" dream, times passes, but what happens?
5. What do all of the people who have gathered together one minute before the end of the world do?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)