|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 June 1905 through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein sneak away from his wife in the middle of the night?
(a) To work on equations.
(b) To drink with Besso.
(c) To meet a mistress.
(d) To walk in solitude.
2. What is the narrator's explanation of such a short life in the "3 June 1905" dream?
(a) That the earth spins forward only halfway through a full revolution and then moves backward to the starting point.
(b) That a person's heart beats so slowly and powerfully that the heart wears out quickly.
(c) The earth spins so slowly that it takes a whole life time to complete one revolution.
(d) That the Earth is farther out in the solar system (like Neptune).
3. What is time, in the "17 June 1905" dream, described as?
(a) A stretch of nerve fibers.
(b) A length of braided rope.
(c) A congested interstate.
(d) A stretch of veins in the human body.
4. In the "World of Shifting Past" described in the "27 June 1905" dream, what happened to the man when he was a child?
(a) He fell off a swing and broke his leg.
(b) He urinated in his pants at school.
(c) He set fire to the school.
(d) He kissed a girl on the playground and everyone saw.
5. In the "11 June 1905" dream, what is the last thought that the young man has?
(a) That the world ends in cloudy skies.
(b) That the world ends in sunlight.
(c) That the world ends in darkness.
(d) That the world ends in rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman with the brocade in her hair?
2. How do the clouds appear, in the "17 June 1905" dream, after a gap in time?
3. What is curious about the town in the "10 May 1905" dream?
4. What day is it in the "22 June 1905" dream?
5. What are the lines of people compared to in the "18 June 1905" dream?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)