|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11 June 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all of the people of the world described in the "9 June 1905" dream have in common?
(a) A long list of misdeeds.
(b) A mastering of time.
(c) A lifetime to complete their goals.
(d) An infinite list of relatives.
2. What does the middle-aged man receive during the "2 June 1905" dream?
(a) The Georg Büchner Prize.
(b) A Nobel Prize for physics.
(c) A Humanitarian Award.
(d) A Nobel Prize for literature.
3. While walking with Einstein, during the Interlude, what does Besso wonder about?
(a) Why he is not the man Einstein is.
(b) What his wife has cooked for dinner.
(c) Einstein's plans for the future.
(d) Why he ever started this friendship with Einstein.
4. According to the narrator, what did "just as things will be repeated in the future, all things now happening" do?
(a) Happened a million times before.
(b) Only happened once before.
(c) Never happened before.
(d) Happened a hundred times before.
5. In the "17 June 1905" dream, why does the young man tell his lover that he cannot see her again?
(a) Due to a gap in time, she grimaces.
(b) Due to a gap in time, she lets on tear fall.
(c) Due to a gap in time, she frowns.
(d) Due to a gap in time, she hesitates.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the second Interlude, what is the first dialogue between Besso and Einstein that the reader comes across?
2. In the "11 June 1905" dream, imagining the _____________ is no more possible than seeing colors beyond _______________.
3. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
4. For people in the world described in the "20 May 1905" dream, what does each one carry?
5. What happens to time in the "14 May 1905" dream?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)