|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11 June 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
(a) Beethoven's "The Creatures of Prometheus."
(b) Beethoven's "Fantasy in G."
(c) Beethoven's "Fur Elise."
(d) Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata."
2. At what time do the people of Berne convene at Kramgasse?
(a) At four minutes to three.
(b) At seven minutes to five.
(c) At two minutes to two.
(d) At three minutes to four.
3. According to the dream on "24 April 1905," what happens when the two "times" meet?
4. What is the narrator's explanation of such a short life in the "3 June 1905" dream?
(a) That the earth spins forward only halfway through a full revolution and then moves backward to the starting point.
(b) That a person's heart beats so slowly and powerfully that the heart wears out quickly.
(c) That the Earth is farther out in the solar system (like Neptune).
(d) The earth spins so slowly that it takes a whole life time to complete one revolution.
5. Where are Besso and Einstein sitting in the second Interlude?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A brasserie.
(d) Besso's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the third Interlude, what does Besso say that he sees in the clouds?
2. According to the narrator, in the world described in the "22 May 1905" dream, what happens to people who have not had "their vision"?
3. What is wrong with the people who live in the world described in the "20 May 1905" dream?
4. What is the name of the woman with the brocade in her hair?
5. How old is Einstein in the novel?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)