|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11 June 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the young man's theory of time to be mailed?
(a) The German journal of physics.
(b) The European journal of physics.
(c) The American journal of physics.
(d) The Swiss journal of physics.
2. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
(a) A dog looking for food.
(b) A red hat.
(c) A blue coat.
(d) A child playing in the street.
3. According to the narrator, the world described in the "11 June 1905" dream, is a world without what?
(a) A past.
(b) A future.
(c) A present.
(d) A hope.
4. Why do some people, in the world described in the "29 May 1905" dream, refuse to look out their windows?
(a) Because they live in complete solitude and what no interference.
(b) Because they are afraid to look upon the clock tower on Kramgasse.
(c) Because they are mad that others are traveling faster than they are.
(d) Because they are afraid that others are moving slower than they are.
5. Why does the young man choose to return to his proper place in time rather than staying a few minutes in the future in the "15 June 1905" dream?
(a) The future is cold and uncertain.
(b) The future is too warm.
(c) The future contains a death he is not ready for.
(d) The future brings bad news regarding his doctorate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman with the brocade in her hair?
2. What does the narrator want readers to "suppose" in the "9 June 1905" dream?
3. Why does the man at the graveside ("2 June 1905" dream) not weep for his friend?
4. According to the narrator, what is the physical body?
5. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)