|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11 June 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it, in the "15 June 1905" dream, for the young man in the polytechnic in Zurich?
2. In the "17 June 1905" dream, why is the baker yelling at a woman?
(a) She is late for work.
(b) She is not making her regular pick-ups on time.
(c) She is his lover and they are arguing.
(d) She has not paid her bill.
3. What do all of the people of the world described in the "9 June 1905" dream have in common?
(a) A lifetime to complete their goals.
(b) An infinite list of relatives.
(c) A mastering of time.
(d) A long list of misdeeds.
4. Why does the man at the graveside ("2 June 1905" dream) not weep for his friend?
(a) His friend lived a very good life and he refuses to mourn him.
(b) The man has no tears left given his friend has had a very long sickness leading up to his death.
(c) The man believes in a second life better than the first.
(d) His friend will be with him again given that time moves backward in this world.
5. One day before the end of the world, how are the streets described?
(b) Swirling in laughter.
(c) In the process of being cleaned.
(d) Full of animals who have taken over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about a world with no time?
2. In the third Interlude, what does Besso say that he sees in the clouds?
3. What invention preceded the notice of the "speed effect"?
4. According to the narrator, in the world described in the "22 May 1905" dream, what happens to people who have not had "their vision"?
5. Where do the Swiss and English couples meet yearly?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)