|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 2 June, 1905 through 10 June, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will schools close a year before the end of the world?
(a) Because schools were to be used as relief centers.
(b) Because there will be no need to learn with the end so close.
(c) Because "end of the world" vacations needed to be taken.
(d) Because families want time to spend together.
2. What are the two times explained in the "24 April 1905" dream?
(a) Happy and sad time.
(b) Natural and imagined time.
(c) Mechanical and body time.
(d) Good and bad time.
3. To take advantage of what scientists have discovered in the past, what have some people done to their homes?
(a) Placed them on stilts in the mountains.
(b) Built them in caves.
(c) Built them on boats over the Equator.
(d) Built them with no contract on time.
4. Where does Besso invite Einstein to come to at the close of the second Interlude?
(a) To dinner at the Basin Park Hotel.
(b) To the Ristorante Cooperativo for dinner.
(c) To dinner at Besso's home.
(d) To the Colombia Restaurant for dinner.
5. According to the narrator in the "22 May 1905" dream, a world that gives brief scenes from the future, what kinds of risks do people take?
(b) None at all.
(c) Only the risks that concern their children.
(d) Everything a person does is a risk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What actions of Einstein's surprised Besso when he looked like Einstein does now?
2. What time of the day is it at the beginning of the second Interlude?
3. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what does the passage of time bring?
4. If a person holds no ambitions in the world described in the "4 May 1905" dream, what happens to him?
5. What animal are people who heed time compared to in the 3 June 1905 dream?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)