|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 2 June, 1905 through 10 June, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
(a) Because their mistakes will be repeated.
(b) Because their lives are in shambles.
(c) Because they feel torn by time.
(d) Because they have sinned.
2. What is the last image readers are left with at the end of the "15 May 1905" dream?
(a) A broken watch.
(b) A book lying on a table.
(c) A yellow brush.
(d) A clock with pendulum stuck mid-swing.
3. What is the name of the woman with the brocade in her hair?
4. According to the narrator, what is the physical body?
(a) A mass of organisms that pull in only one direction.
(b) A mass of organisms that pull in different directions at all times.
(c) A thing to be obeyed, not ordered.
(d) A thing to be ordered, not obeyed.
5. On the last day of the world, who are the people with the unnatural smiles?
(a) Those who are stealing.
(b) Those who do not think the world is going to end.
(c) Those who have not yet atoned for their sins.
(d) Those who are attempting to correct misdeeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "4 May 1905" dream, "If time and the passage of events are the same" what happens to time?
2. According to Besso, what does Einstein live without?
3. When does Besso remember looking like Einstein as he is now (second Interlude)?
4. What does the narrator want readers to consider in the "3 May 1905" dream?
5. In the world described in the "3 June 1905" dream, how do people learn about the seasons?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)