|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 2 June, 1905 through 10 June, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, why do children who have left the city curse their parents?
(a) For loving them too much.
(b) For trying to hold them forever.
(c) For bearing them in the first place.
(d) For extending their life.
2. While walking with Einstein, during the Interlude, what does Besso wonder about?
(a) Einstein's plans for the future.
(b) Why he is not the man Einstein is.
(c) What his wife has cooked for dinner.
(d) Why he ever started this friendship with Einstein.
3. How old is Einstein in the novel?
4. How can Besso tell that Einstein is making progress on his theory?
(a) The way that Einstein's eye look glassed over.
(b) The fact that Einstein has not changed clothes in three days.
(c) The dark circles under Einstein's eyes.
(d) The erratic way Einstein's hair is jutting out in all directions.
5. Why does the terrace of the Bundesterrasse have a striking view?
(a) Because of the Aare river and the Bernese Alps.
(b) Because of the view of the square.
(c) Because of the view of the cathedral.
(d) Because of the view of the Bundes Falls.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "29 May 1905" dream, how does the world exist?
2. What happens to time in the "14 May 1905" dream?
3. According to the narrator, what are people in a world of only one day?
4. Where did Basso and Einstein meet?
5. Why is the woman in the linen shop on Amthausgasse?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)