|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 2 June, 1905 through 10 June, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day before the end of the world, how are the streets described?
(b) Swirling in laughter.
(c) Full of animals who have taken over.
(d) In the process of being cleaned.
2. How do the Laters walk and dress?
(a) The Laters walk absentmindedly and wear long dress like clothing.
(b) The Laters walk with an easy gait and dress in loose fitting clothes.
(c) The Laters walk when they have to only and wear bed-clothes at all times.
(d) The Laters walk hurriedly so as to not be accosted into doing something now and they wear robes.
3. How can Besso tell that Einstein is making progress on his theory?
(a) The fact that Einstein has not changed clothes in three days.
(b) The dark circles under Einstein's eyes.
(c) The erratic way Einstein's hair is jutting out in all directions.
(d) The way that Einstein's eye look glassed over.
4. According to the "22 May 1905" dream, how does time flow in the world described?
(a) Unevenly and fitfully.
(b) Smoothly and consistently.
(c) In alternating phases of fast and slow.
(d) In accelerating spurts.
5. How are events triggered in the world described in the "10 June 1905" dream?
(a) By meeting standards.
(b) By time alone.
(c) By other events.
(d) By measurements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator want readers to imagine in the "3 June 1905" dream?
2. According to the narrator, what do people who have been transported back in time wear?
3. What is time compared to in the "16 April 1905" dream?
4. Where are Einstein and Besso walking in the "Interlude?"
5. According to the narrator, what are people in a world of only one day?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)