|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 2 June, 1905 through 10 June, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, how many times does the clock tower chime?
2. According to the narrator, what did scientists discover in the past?
(a) That time never forgets its past.
(b) That time moves slower the farther one is from the center of the earth.
(c) That time moves faster the farther one is from the center of the earth.
(d) That time has "blips" that stop all things living.
3. How does time move in the world described in the 2 June 1905 dream?
(a) Backwards with no consciousness by those growing younger.
(b) Backwards with spurts of forward movement.
(c) Backwards with exceptions.
4. What is the last image readers are left with at the end of the "15 May 1905" dream?
(a) A clock with pendulum stuck mid-swing.
(b) A book lying on a table.
(c) A yellow brush.
(d) A broken watch.
5. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
(a) Because their lives are in shambles.
(b) Because they feel torn by time.
(c) Because their mistakes will be repeated.
(d) Because they have sinned.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "22 May 1905" dream, how does time flow in the world described?
2. According to the "8 May 1905" dream, what is the date the world will end?
3. In what month is the Prologue set?
4. Where does Besso invite Einstein to come to at the close of the second Interlude?
5. What does the narrator want readers to imagine in the "3 June 1905" dream?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)