|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 2 June, 1905 through 10 June, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the woman in the linen shop on Amthausgasse?
(a) To purchase linens for a funeral.
(b) To talk to her friend about losing her job.
(c) To purchase linens for her daughter's wedding.
(d) To talk to her friend about a project that is coming due.
2. How is the population of the cities in the "9 June 1905" dreams split?
(a) In four: The Laters, the Nows, the Nevers, and the Always.
(b) In three: The Laters, the Nows, the Intentionals.
(c) In two: The Laters and the Nows.
(d) In three: The Laters, the Nows, and the Nevers.
3. How are events triggered in the world described in the "10 June 1905" dream?
(a) By time alone.
(b) By measurements.
(c) By meeting standards.
(d) By other events.
4. What is the narrator's explanation of such a short life in the "3 June 1905" dream?
(a) That the earth spins forward only halfway through a full revolution and then moves backward to the starting point.
(b) That the Earth is farther out in the solar system (like Neptune).
(c) The earth spins so slowly that it takes a whole life time to complete one revolution.
(d) That a person's heart beats so slowly and powerfully that the heart wears out quickly.
5. According to the "29 May 1905" dream, how does the world exist?
(a) In a state of distress.
(b) In slow motion.
(c) In constant motion.
(d) In a state of constant order.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will schools close a year before the end of the world?
2. According to Besso, what does Einstein live without?
3. Why does Einstein want to understand time?
4. What happens to light in the "14 May 1905" dreams?
5. Why does the man at the graveside ("2 June 1905" dream) not weep for his friend?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)