|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 2 June, 1905 through 10 June, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's explanation of such a short life in the "3 June 1905" dream?
(a) That the Earth is farther out in the solar system (like Neptune).
(b) That a person's heart beats so slowly and powerfully that the heart wears out quickly.
(c) The earth spins so slowly that it takes a whole life time to complete one revolution.
(d) That the earth spins forward only halfway through a full revolution and then moves backward to the starting point.
2. What does the narrator want readers to "suppose" in the "9 June 1905" dream?
(a) That people live forever.
(b) That life exists in several dimensions at the same time.
(c) That people die only after they have achieved their dreams.
(d) That time exists in a vacuum.
3. According to Besso, what does Einstein live without?
4. In the second Interlude, what is the first dialogue between Besso and Einstein that the reader comes across?
(a) Besso telling Einstein he does not look well.
(b) Besso asking Einstein how his theory is going.
(c) Besso telling Einstein that he needs to see a doctor.
(d) Besso asking Einstein if he is ill.
5. According to the dream on "24 April 1905," what happens when the two "times" meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Einstein looking as the second Interlude comes to a close?
2. According to the narrator, in the world described in the "22 May 1905" dream, what happens to people who have not had "their vision"?
3. For the town described in the "4 May 1905" dream, times passes, but what happens?
4. According to the "29 May 1905" dream, how does the world exist?
5. How many times do the St. Vincent's Cathedral bells chime at the end of the 24 April 1905 dream?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)