|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 2 June, 1905 through 10 June, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the "2 June 1905" dream, how does the story of the woman end?
(a) The "woman" at her birth.
(b) The "woman" in her mother's womb.
(c) The "woman" at her graduation from gymnasium.
(d) The "woman" nursing.
2. According to the narrator, what are people in a world of only one day?
3. What does the narrator want readers to consider in the "3 May 1905" dream?
(a) A world in which cause and effect balance.
(b) A world in which life and death balance.
(c) A world in which cause and effect are erratic.
(d) A world in which life and death do not balance.
4. On the last day of the world, who are the people with the unnatural smiles?
(a) Those who are stealing.
(b) Those who are attempting to correct misdeeds.
(c) Those who do not think the world is going to end.
(d) Those who have not yet atoned for their sins.
5. What did Einstein's theory of time begin as?
(a) An investigation of Socrates' theories.
(b) An investigation of Plato's theories.
(c) An investigation of electricity and magnetism.
(d) An investigation of survival of the fittest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the paper on that Einstein set on Besso's desk (as told in the second Interlude)?
2. According to the "29 May 1905" dream, how does the world exist?
3. In the "10 May 1905" dream, why is one man sitting at a table weeping uncontrollably?
4. According to the "4 May 1905" dream, "If time and the passage of events are the same" what happens to time?
5. According to the narrator, what is a world with one month a world of?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)