|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 2 June, 1905 through 10 June, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is time compared to in the "16 April 1905" dream?
(a) A dream.
(b) A cocoon.
(c) A tree with leaves turning due to fall.
(d) A flow of water.
2. How many dimensions does the man in the leather coat live in simultaneously?
3. What happens to the people in the world, described in the "10 June 1905" dream, who attempt to quantify time?
(a) They turn to stone.
(b) They are banished into other "worlds."
(c) They turn to ice.
(d) They leave to find a place where they can quantify time.
4. Finish the following line: "A world in which time is absolute is a world of ____________."
5. According to the "29 May 1905" dream, why does this world exist as it does?
(a) Time passes more slowly for those who keep order.
(b) Time passes in slow motion.
(c) Time passes more slowly for those in distress.
(d) Time passes more slowly for those in motion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Swiss and English couples meet yearly?
2. According to the "4 May 1905" dream, "If time and the passage of events are the same" what happens to time?
3. According to the narrator in the "22 May 1905" dream, a world that gives brief scenes from the future, what kinds of risks do people take?
4. How many times do the St. Vincent's Cathedral bells chime at the end of the 24 April 1905 dream?
5. When does Besso remember looking like Einstein as he is now (second Interlude)?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)