|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 May, 1905 through 15 May, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, why do children who have left the city curse their parents?
(a) For bearing them in the first place.
(b) For trying to hold them forever.
(c) For loving them too much.
(d) For extending their life.
2. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
(a) Because they feel torn by time.
(b) Because they have sinned.
(c) Because their mistakes will be repeated.
(d) Because their lives are in shambles.
3. What is the woman in the shadows waiting for?
(a) To be carried back to her own time.
(b) To hear a cardinal sing.
(c) To be arrested so she can keep her timeline of life intact.
(d) To hear the church bells chime three times.
4. What are the two times explained in the "24 April 1905" dream?
(a) Natural and imagined time.
(b) Good and bad time.
(c) Happy and sad time.
(d) Mechanical and body time.
5. Who has Besso received a letter from announcing a visit?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all of the people who have gathered together one minute before the end of the world do?
2. How does a traveler from the future talk?
3. What is the last image readers are left with at the end of the "15 May 1905" dream?
4. According to the narrator, what did "just as things will be repeated in the future, all things now happening" do?
5. While walking with Einstein, during the Interlude, what does Besso wonder about?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)