|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 May, 1905 through 15 May, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to time in the "14 May 1905" dream?
(a) Time is set in a constant loop.
(b) Time is sped up.
(c) Time moves slowly.
(d) Time stands still.
2. According to the narrator, people in their correct time period do not make contact with those from the future. How are those from the future looked at?
(a) They are immortalized.
(b) They are pitied.
(c) They are honored.
(d) They are feared.
3. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, why do children who have left the city curse their parents?
(a) For loving them too much.
(b) For bearing them in the first place.
(c) For extending their life.
(d) For trying to hold them forever.
4. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
(a) Beethoven's "Fantasy in G."
(b) Beethoven's "Fur Elise."
(c) Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata."
(d) Beethoven's "The Creatures of Prometheus."
5. To take advantage of what scientists have discovered in the past, what have some people done to their homes?
(a) Built them in caves.
(b) Built them with no contract on time.
(c) Placed them on stilts in the mountains.
(d) Built them on boats over the Equator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens one month before the end of the world?
2. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what happens in the springtime?
3. If a person holds no ambitions in the world described in the "4 May 1905" dream, what happens to him?
4. What is the name of Basso's wife?
5. What do those of religious faith see time as evidence of?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)