|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 May, 1905 through 15 May, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If a person holds no ambitions in the world described in the "4 May 1905" dream, what happens to him?
(a) He lives life in poverty.
(b) He suffers knowingly.
(c) He lives life in wealth.
(d) He suffers unknowingly.
2. What is wondrous about the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream?
(a) No one needs sleep to re-energize.
(b) Money is not needed.
(c) All inhabitants live in dream-like states.
(d) Nothing is out of place.
3. Where do all of the people gather one minute before the end of the world?
(a) In the square.
(b) On the grounds of their churches.
(c) On the Kunst museum grounds.
(d) In the water of the Aare.
4. What is the last image readers are left with at the end of the "15 May 1905" dream?
(a) A clock with pendulum stuck mid-swing.
(b) A book lying on a table.
(c) A yellow brush.
(d) A broken watch.
5. According to the narrator, what do people who have been transported back in time wear?
(a) Bright, illuminating clothing.
(b) Nothing; their clothing does not transfer to other time periods.
(c) Dark, indistinct clothing.
(d) Tatters of clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tragedy of the world described in the "10 May 1905" dream?
2. Where does the man in the leather jacket work at in Berne?
3. To what does the Zytgloggeturm pay tribute?
4. According to the narrator in the "3 May 1905" dream, a world of sincerity is also a world of what?
5. According to the narrator, what is a world with one month a world of?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)