|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 May, 1905 through 15 May, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the physical body?
(a) A thing to be obeyed, not ordered.
(b) A mass of organisms that pull in only one direction.
(c) A mass of organisms that pull in different directions at all times.
(d) A thing to be ordered, not obeyed.
2. Who is the woman saying goodbye to in the hospital on Gerberngasse?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her child.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
3. According to the narrator, what is the room full of?
(a) Practical ideas.
(b) Dreams and desires.
(c) Too many hopes to account for.
(d) Fluttering beliefs of accomplishment.
4. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what does the passage of time bring?
(a) Decreasing anxiety.
(b) Increasing order.
(c) Decreasing order.
(d) Increasing anxiety.
5. According to the "8 May 1905" dream, what is the date the world will end?
(a) 9 June 1905.
(b) 26 September 1907.
(c) 12 December 2012.
(d) 9 May 1906.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Einstein in the novel?
2. At what time do the people of Berne convene at Kramgasse?
3. How does time move in the "14 May 1905" dream?
4. According to the narrator, people in their correct time period do not make contact with those from the future. How are those from the future looked at?
5. What is the tragedy of the world described in the "10 May 1905" dream?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)