|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 May, 1905 through 15 May, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what did "just as things will be repeated in the future, all things now happening" do?
(a) Happened a hundred times before.
(b) Never happened before.
(c) Happened a million times before.
(d) Only happened once before.
2. What is wondrous about the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream?
(a) All inhabitants live in dream-like states.
(b) No one needs sleep to re-energize.
(c) Money is not needed.
(d) Nothing is out of place.
3. What is the name of Basso's wife?
4. According to the narrator, what did scientists discover in the past?
(a) That time has "blips" that stop all things living.
(b) That time never forgets its past.
(c) That time moves faster the farther one is from the center of the earth.
(d) That time moves slower the farther one is from the center of the earth.
5. On the last day of the world, who are the people with the unnatural smiles?
(a) Those who are attempting to correct misdeeds.
(b) Those who have not yet atoned for their sins.
(c) Those who do not think the world is going to end.
(d) Those who are stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Einstein's wife?
2. Where does the man in the leather jacket work at in Berne?
3. According to the narrator, why do people wear watches?
4. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
5. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what does the passage of time bring?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)