|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 May, 1905 through 15 May, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do all of the people gather one minute before the end of the world?
(a) In the water of the Aare.
(b) On the Kunst museum grounds.
(c) On the grounds of their churches.
(d) In the square.
2. According to the narrator, what did "just as things will be repeated in the future, all things now happening" do?
(a) Only happened once before.
(b) Happened a million times before.
(c) Never happened before.
(d) Happened a hundred times before.
3. In the Prologue, how many times does the clock tower chime?
4. Why is the woman, hiding at no. 22 Kamgasse, crouching in the shadows?
(a) She is afraid of being attacked.
(b) She is not sure where she is.
(c) She has been assaulted and does not know whom to trust.
(d) She is afraid of kicking up dust.
5. What does the narrator want readers to consider in the "3 May 1905" dream?
(a) A world in which life and death do not balance.
(b) A world in which life and death balance.
(c) A world in which cause and effect are erratic.
(d) A world in which cause and effect balance.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what does the passage of time bring?
2. What does the narrator want readers to suppose time is?
3. What is wondrous about the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream?
4. Why does Einstein want to understand time?
5. In what month is the Prologue set?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)