|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 May, 1905 through 15 May, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is a world with one month a world of?
2. What month does the Swiss and English couple meet to vacation together?
3. In the "3 May 1905" dream, what have most people learned how to do?
(a) Live in the past.
(b) Live in the moment.
(c) Live in fear.
(d) Live for the future.
4. Why will schools close a year before the end of the world?
(a) Because schools were to be used as relief centers.
(b) Because "end of the world" vacations needed to be taken.
(c) Because families want time to spend together.
(d) Because there will be no need to learn with the end so close.
5. How does the world in the "15 May 1905" exist?
(a) In black and white only, with no shadow or brightness.
(b) Without time and with images.
(c) As a black hole, digesting everything in its reach.
(d) As a blank slate.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
2. What happens one month before the end of the world?
3. According to the narrator, what is the room full of?
4. How old is Einstein in the novel?
5. What happens to light in the "14 May 1905" dreams?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)